Uber atziri killed by a cheesy build

"
Mivo wrote:
But it does take away from it. In the same way that Havoc6's Nemesis level 100 was meaningless because he used, and kept quiet, the BM exploit.

Of all the people who did something in relation to Atziri, I only person I feel deserves any kind of respect is Mathil. He used a clean build, didn't exploit, didn't RMT, didn't sell kills. To me, the ends do not justify the means, but your mileage may well vary. Nevertheless, the "how" matters to me when it comes to achievements more than the result.

But this isn't about yet another exploiter getting rewarded. It's about GGG not being consistent, and they are the ones to blame. This was fixed for auras, so why isn't it fixed for minions and RF? This has been around for a while now.

+1, couldnt have said it better myself
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
"
Mivo wrote:
But it does take away from it. In the same way that Havoc6's Nemesis level 100 was meaningless because he used, and kept quiet, the BM exploit.

Of all the people who did something in relation to Atziri, I only person I feel deserves any kind of respect is Mathil. He used a clean build, didn't exploit, didn't RMT, didn't sell kills. To me, the ends do not justify the means, but your mileage may well vary. Nevertheless, the "how" matters to me when it comes to achievements more than the result.

But this isn't about yet another exploiter getting rewarded. It's about GGG not being consistent, and they are the ones to blame. This was fixed for auras, so why isn't it fixed for minions and RF? This has been around for a while now.

+1, couldnt have said it better myself

+1. Grats to the guy, but really sad how some of these issues are not being fixed in the game.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 2, 2014, 7:54:41 AM
The reason snapshotting hasn't been fixed is because it is apparently very hard to fix.

Rhys has answered this question as follows:

"
Rhys wrote:
Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.

The thread:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/778573

His second post in it is slightly more informative.
Clever use of game mechanics my A$$...

The guy who made a viable shockwave totem build was a genius not this guy.

Everybody knows that snapshotting is possible, but do we want to play the game like that?

I dont.

This is clever use of a broken mechanic, a FLAW in the game design that GGG dont feel like fixing or know how to fix without turning everything upsidedown at this stage.

I bet you think that TRT in MMA is also clever use of game mechanics?
Wow, I can't believe some of the ridiculous responses in this thread.

Sure, it's a "cheesy" build, but it works damn well and it's the job of the players to create the strongest possible characters.

There were plenty of "cheesy" decks in MtG as well, did you cry and complain because the people who came up with those decks and played them well won tournaments, and you did not?

The idea that somebody would draw ire for creating an incredibly strong build is just facepalm beyond reason, to me.

Jealousy is the only possible explanation.
the problem is ggg is balancing for these cheese builds and not normal builds.

the reason why most of these builds are killing her is because they have RoTF or saffels.

remeber when ggg said they didnt want uniques to be bis.

well when your bosses do 120k dps as elemental. the only shields that matter in this game are ones that provide max resists.

90+ resist fire with 100% up time or FUCK OFF that is basically what uber Atziri is . Is that fun? is it fun that you basically need a 2.5 exa shield just to play the signature content of a games expansion ?

ugh.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 2, 2014, 9:46:29 AM
salty:

i agree completely with the problematic nature and power creep of uniques

that's an entirely separate issue though and still doesn't take anything away from the accomplishment of being the first player to kill an uber boss.
"
Cosma wrote:
Clever use of game mechanics my A$$...

The guy who made a viable shockwave totem build was a genius not this guy.

Everybody knows that snapshotting is possible, but do we want to play the game like that?

I dont.

This is clever use of a broken mechanic, a FLAW in the game design that GGG dont feel like fixing or know how to fix without turning everything upsidedown at this stage.

I bet you think that TRT in MMA is also clever use of game mechanics?

I bet you think strafe jumping in quake and combos in street fighter shouldn't be allowed then. and sequence breaking in metroid and sotn...yeah, who'd ever wanna play those games huh
"
BoswerLK wrote:
I bet you think strafe jumping

IT'S CALLED BUNNY HOPPPING BRO

get it right

do you even bhop?

(i really miss the culture of shooters when movement was a skill)...=(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRrjh8yp5yE

back when FPS's were more skill based....surely all that conc jumping was an "exploit"

god, gaming culture is turning to shit.
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 2, 2014, 9:53:57 AM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
BoswerLK wrote:
I bet you think strafe jumping

IT'S CALLED BUNNY HOPPPING BRO

get it right

do you even bhop?

(i really miss the culture of shooters when movement was a skill)...=(

cs casual generation confirmed =P

there was tribes ascend a few years back at least. someone really needs to make a quake 5 though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info