Uber atziri killed by a cheesy build

"
Veruski wrote:
salty:

i agree completely with the problematic nature and power creep of uniques

that's an entirely separate issue though and still doesn't take anything away from the accomplishment of being the first player to kill an uber boss.

the problem is that pretty much everyone i know knew exactly the build that would kill uber atziri.

It was that obvious.

tag her , then have the highest fire resistance tank build imaginable . boom righteous fire build.

it really is no different than getting to level 100 using cod burned miscreations. sure he is the first , yay have a cookie . now do it with a build that wont be nerfed so hard into the ground that it erupted from a volcano on the other side of the world.

So yeah hurrah he got her first props for getting all the necessary items first , let him taste victory for now.
lag post

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 2, 2014, 9:56:16 AM
"
BoswerLK wrote:
"
Cosma wrote:
Clever use of game mechanics my A$$...

The guy who made a viable shockwave totem build was a genius not this guy.

Everybody knows that snapshotting is possible, but do we want to play the game like that?

I dont.

This is clever use of a broken mechanic, a FLAW in the game design that GGG dont feel like fixing or know how to fix without turning everything upsidedown at this stage.

I bet you think that TRT in MMA is also clever use of game mechanics?

I bet you think strafe jumping in quake and combos in street fighter shouldn't be allowed then. and sequence breaking in metroid and sotn...yeah, who'd ever wanna play those games huh

Wow - your comparison makes perfect sense, NOT.

Comparing strafing and SF-combos to a flaws in game design and coding. To be honest I bet you dont even understand what snapshotting means.

Why even have itemslots and inventory. Lets just have one big stash and link everything through that, then we could use all items with skillgems at once and get the benefits we wish for. Wouldnt you love that?
@Cosma

he brought it up because if you played FPS's in the quake era people DID flip out at you and call you an exploiter for bhopping, so really the sentiments are quite similar.

in either case, the "laws" of the universe allow these things, so you can't really hold it against anybody for doing them.

if you really have a problem with snapshotting take it out on GGG, not the players who are just using a technique that happens to work.
"
Veruski wrote:
@Cosma

he brought it up because if you played FPS's in the quake era people DID flip out at you and call you an exploiter for bhopping, so really the sentiments are quite similar.

in either case, the "laws" of the universe allow these things, so you can't really hold it against anybody for doing them.

if you really have a problem with snapshotting take it out on GGG, not the players who are just using a technique that happens to work.

I played Quake, TF, early CS and cant recall that people compared "bunny hop:ing" to exploits. It was a tactic commonly usedby 90% of the player base.

Here we are talking about a specific broken mechanic that allows you to gain a huge advantage for specific builds.

To be honest, if GGG wants to keep it at this - why not make a full gear key swap or allow macros a la FFXI where you could equip certain armors/weapons for certain weapon skills / spellcasts. I dont feel like having a shit ton of items in my inventory and manually swapping shit around to achieve PERMA TRI CURSE on a boss for just 1 passive in the tree...

90% of the playerbase did not even have the skill or technique to bhop, so you are remembering with rose colored glasses.

some more eye candy from a better era:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STfsIYlPV4E
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 2, 2014, 10:34:45 AM
it was unreal and unreal tournament that popularized the spams of bunny hops

dem reaper bots , loved to do it .
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 2, 2014, 11:51:57 AM
"
Veruski wrote:
90% of the playerbase did not even have the skill or technique to bhop, so you are remembering with rose colored glasses.

some more eye candy from a better era:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STfsIYlPV4E

Please...

Maybe you grew up on another planet... Cause youre talking about what we used to call rocket/grenade-jumping. Bunny-hopping is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6jm9iGW2Co

Loads of people were bunny-hopping, Skilled or non-skilled people used that shit.

Last edited by Cosma on Apr 2, 2014, 12:12:00 PM
"
Cosma wrote:
"
BoswerLK wrote:
"
Cosma wrote:
Clever use of game mechanics my A$$...

The guy who made a viable shockwave totem build was a genius not this guy.

Everybody knows that snapshotting is possible, but do we want to play the game like that?

I dont.

This is clever use of a broken mechanic, a FLAW in the game design that GGG dont feel like fixing or know how to fix without turning everything upsidedown at this stage.

I bet you think that TRT in MMA is also clever use of game mechanics?

I bet you think strafe jumping in quake and combos in street fighter shouldn't be allowed then. and sequence breaking in metroid and sotn...yeah, who'd ever wanna play those games huh

Wow - your comparison makes perfect sense, NOT.

Comparing strafing and SF-combos to a flaws in game design and coding. To be honest I bet you dont even understand what snapshotting means.

Why even have itemslots and inventory. Lets just have one big stash and link everything through that, then we could use all items with skillgems at once and get the benefits we wish for. Wouldnt you love that?

you clearly weren't around long enough then. q1 strafe jump and sf normal cancelling were both programming glitches that top players at the time exploited, and increased the depth and skill ceiling of their respective games. they were retained in later games of the series and more or less defined them cuz being able to do more stuff and have more possibilities is awesome

just like sequence breaking and mockball after super metroid...though that was handled less elegantly

point is...it's just part of the game, regardless if it's intentional by the devs or not

I haven't even brought up gunz cuz I've honestly never even played it, but that shit was so broken it's pretty much the mvc2 of fps, except not as awesome. everyone just spazzes the fuck out and bullets come out in every direction while a sword is being waved around by what can only be their third leg. ...and people loved that shit apparently, cuz gunz 2 kept all of it, and they all liked that game too
To continue the off-topic nature that this thread has become

League of Legends released Ultra Rapid Fire.

A new Liar Game manga chapter was released recently.

I like cake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info