jaankoo wrote:

he doesnt even have a rf gem in the gear he wears during the fight

Yeah because RF is a buff.

Bloodrage is a buff too...
"
bo7like wrote:

"
jaankoo wrote:

And come on how can 500hp not make a difference?

Because RF uses the stats when he had the carcass jack equiped, im saying that it didnt make a difference for the RF damage.

Cant argue with that. But having 500hp for survivability is huge
Last edited by jaankoo on Mar 31, 2014, 10:37:40 AM
"
kasub wrote:
Even with snapshot I think RF is a pretty meh build. It's a build made specifically to kill aztiri. It's pretty terrible in maps due to the best mods being impossible to run.

I hope snapshotting gets fixed but it really doesn't take away from the achievement of the player. The Aztiri fights is mostly a skillcheck. I'm still curious how he managed to do the 2nd fight with that build.

"
For example beeing able to get 3 curses on every boss for just the hexmaster node seems just broken to me.

What. Why?.. Curses on bosses already got nerfed completely. They aren't that significant. It's the whole point of extra curse items an not exactly something "broken".

I totally agree with the first two points, but curses beeing not significant... dafuq? Are we playing the same game?
Last edited by jaankoo on Mar 31, 2014, 10:45:29 AM
Every time I see Immortal Call on these builds, I just shake my head. Chalk up one more strike for the inevitable nerf.
"
jaankoo wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
Even with snapshot I think RF is a pretty meh build. It's a build made specifically to kill aztiri. It's pretty terrible in maps due to the best mods being impossible to run.

I hope snapshotting gets fixed but it really doesn't take away from the achievement of the player. The Aztiri fights is mostly a skillcheck. I'm still curious how he managed to do the 2nd fight with that build.

"
For example beeing able to get 3 curses on every boss for just the hexmaster node seems just broken to me.

What. Why?.. Curses on bosses already got nerfed completely. They aren't that significant. It's the whole point of extra curse items an not exactly something "broken".

I totally agree with the first two points, but curses beeing not significant... dafuq? Are we playing the same game?

Curses only give 30% of value on unique mobs, so they are pretty meh'ish on bosses...
"
but curses beeing not significant... dafuq? Are we playing the same game?

Well they are significant enough but they don't have the full effect against bosses. It got nerfed twice so the effectiveness against bosses is worse than against every other enemy.

I was just responding to your point that they are somehow broken. Of course they're strong, curses would be meaningless if they weren't. Getting hexmaster involves at least 5 wasted points.
Last edited by kasub on Mar 31, 2014, 10:52:58 AM
and he *still* died in the 2nd fight, and almost died plenty of times to uber atziri...good luck to other builds, lol.
"
jaankoo wrote:

Cant argue with that. But having 500hp for survivability is huge

it's much more than 500life of course after you add in the +%life modifiers from the tree.

and then 1/2 of that becomes base damage which then gets modified up.

500 life does make quite a difference.

and through snapshotting you're not actually losing the gem slots.

snapshotting is so freaking broken.
"
plasticeyes wrote:

and then 1/2 of that becomes base damage which then gets modified up.

wait what
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nerf Jealousy GGG. Plz.

I think you want to call it cheese because you don't want to admit that this guy out theorycrafted you. He's a smarter player. Don't hate on his build because of it.
RF is fine, shapshotting should be fixed, but nothing should take away the credit this player deserves. He made a build for a purpose, on Ambush no less (eg no uber powerful legacy's), and it was successful.

Great job, man. And don't listen to people they are haters. No matter what build killed uber Atziri first was bound to take some flack.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info