Uber atziri killed by a cheesy build

Snapshotting is not intended. and is exploitation.

Exploiting 2 redbeaks for 200% extra damage is cheesy.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
Snapshotting is, of course, a cheesy way to get things done. It should be fixed, but I won't complain about people abusing any mechanic of this game. Most assuredly, he does deserve recognition for being the first to beat her, using cheese or not. That being said... how do you play RF and not get bored? I mean, I can't play anything that doesn't require aiming (detonate dead, to an extent) or doesn't require nearly any input (RF... SO boring). I mean, if you can facetank everything and you don't have to aim and kill stuff on your own, how do you keep playing enough to remain competitive?
its true that snapshotting is exploiting and whatnot, but you can't blame people for exploiting it until it gets fixed unless it was clearly stated by GGG that you cannot use it, which they haven't.
so in that respect, fair game until it gets fixed
is it really surprising to anybody that a cheesy build was the first to kill a cheesy boss?

fight fire with fire
"
bo7like wrote:
"
plasticeyes wrote:

and then 1/2 of that becomes base damage which then gets modified up.

wait what

RF burns for 50% of your life as damage. so add 500, you get 250 more damage which then has burning damage modifiers, etc... added to it.

so 500 life is probably an extra 1500 dps.
"
jaankoo wrote:
since you can use it with 5l kaoms and readbeak low life bonus while not on low life

I always felt this is an exploit, or at least a bug. It's been around for quite some time, but was harder to pull off before 1.10 (needed more points). Playing that way is a bit annoying and tedious since you have to swap items every time you zone into a new area, but still, it probably should get fixed.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
bo7like wrote:
"
plasticeyes wrote:

and then 1/2 of that becomes base damage which then gets modified up.

wait what

RF burns for 50% of your life as damage. so add 500, you get 250 more damage which then has burning damage modifiers, etc... added to it.

so 500 life is probably an extra 1500 dps.
True, but you can't have it both ways. Snapshotting means the stats stick after things change. So he can't snapshot the RF with a Carcass Jack and then get the bonus damage from more life after switching to Kaom's. I think that's what the 'what' referred to.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Scanning...
OP build detected...
Nerf Torpedoes locked on...
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
"
kolton wrote:
Scanning...
OP build detected...
Nerf Torpedoes locked on...

I wouldn't even care it OP, but that still doesn't mean snapshotting shouldn't be fixed.
"
BearCares wrote:
Nerf Jealousy GGG. Plz.

I think you want to call it cheese because you don't want to admit that this guy out theorycrafted you. He's a smarter player. Don't hate on his build because of it.

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info