People are not playing now because of d3/eso, but everyone will be back soon.

"
As an action rpg fan/player since the mid/late 90's, D3 really bummed me out. Now, with the direction that it's going, that being bind on account item route, it's bummed me out even more. It seems they're changing it to be more focused on a party play and not really a global community/economy play style like POE/D2 are.

POE is doing this correctly, D3 is not in my opinion. All my buddies that have played the new D3 expansion are getting bored of it and will likely stop playing it in the coming weeks. I wish blizzard cared more about games than the money. Money should be an extra added bonus, not the objective.

you clearly never played D2
there was no global economy and most people just farmed baal at the end game
and your logic is fail because they got rid of the AH to make the game more fun for players
"
"
Peenk wrote:
"
As an action rpg fan/player since the mid/late 90's, D3 really bummed me out. Now, with the direction that it's going, that being bind on account item route, it's bummed me out even more. It seems they're changing it to be more focused on a party play and not really a global community/economy play style like POE/D2 are.

Diablo II was not a global community/economy game lol.. I swear some people never even touched that game, and most who claimed they did probably touched the last two years and spent their time on JSP buying items with FG. The game was single player instance based with online options.

My bad, I guess I must of been trading with NPCs

That's the power of scripting right there.can't tell a bot from a player. =P
"
x2Real wrote:
"

POE is doing this correctly, D3 is not in my opinion. All my buddies that have played the new D3 expansion are getting bored of it and will likely stop playing it in the coming weeks. I wish blizzard cared more about games than the money. Money should be an extra added bonus, not the objective.

you clearly never played D2
there was no global economy and most people just farmed baal at the end game
and your logic is fail because they got rid of the AH to make the game more fun for players
]

but who was soj

some people :D
"
Krayken wrote:
So what i take from this thread is that newbies prefer ROS while talented players prefer POE.

Oh and some banned players are still bitter so they lurk on the forums just to shit on POE because they know they still love the game but can't play because they're cheaters and they're mad and cry some rivers.

I'm guessing talented means good at flipping items or getting lucky enough to find many legacy items to trade?

This game doesn't require much skill, its mostly gear and character build, and it gets even easier in a party, where its mostly brain dead clicking.

I'm not advocating D3 by any means, I still enjoy PoE much more, but there are many many issues needing to be addressed.
Poe is an aRPG absolutely made for me. Not going to play PoS RoS when I can play this game for free. ESO is even worse as you have to pay $15 for the next MMO hype train since Neverwinter. Not making the same mistake like I did with FFXIV. Anyone still playing that?

"
byzrk wrote:
Poe is an aRPG absolutely made for me. Not going to play PoS RoS when I can play this game for free. ESO is even worse as you have to pay $15 for the next MMO hype train since Neverwinter. Not making the same mistake like I did with FFXIV. Anyone still playing that?

play this game for free HAH
I'm currently playing the D3 expansion with my sister, it's very "pick up and play, no thought required" which is what she prefers. It's still fun, I just don't see myself playing it longterm like PoE though. Honestly I think with the expansion changes, D3 and RoS just appeal to different people now, it doesn't even feel like they are competing. Which one is better depends on what you want from a game.
"
byzrk wrote:
Not making the same mistake like I did with FFXIV. Anyone still playing that?

Nobody knows any numbers, but it has around 50 active servers. I guess it's very profitable since it's a pay2play MMO.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I'll probably play next league, but I may be done for a while. Got insta-gibbed at level 58 in invasion by a fire totem, after spending all my currency on gear. Rerolled, spent even more currency, as well as selling my race meginord's, and I just died at 59 to a fucking Vaal smash. First character died to a corrupting blood Vaal boss in normal. Never even reached level 60, which is really bad for me.

I was playing dumb because I'm so used to Vaal, and I got smashed somehow. I leap slammed pretty early but it still got me. Died with my race Goldwyrms and everything I had. I just can't stand the thought of doing it all over so late into the league with no currency or gear left. I also gave away my SB gem so I can't do some fast leveling either.

PoE leveling is honestly not fun anymore, it's a chore due to trading. Really hate the whole trading-grind. It is fun initally when the league starts, but not three times over, or far into the league.

I'm Not overly interested in the race rewards this time around either. I think having a decent item at 220 or 360 would've gone a long way, just something useful, nothing crazy.

I'll be back at some point I'm sure, just playing Dark Souls 2 and D3 now (never even played it past level 13 when i got it like 8 months ago, I'm enjoying it so far). Have a bunch of other shit to play also that I haven't played yet. Knowing me I'll probably be back to PoE sooner than later. I just need a break from the trade shit. The whole economy/trade system is what turns me off.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Mar 27, 2014, 6:44:10 PM
Why are you here?

#neverplayingd3again

Got two paragon 100s just chilling

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info