People are not playing now because of d3/eso, but everyone will be back soon.

"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

They have released something new to the gameplay, something that makes PoE's map system a lot worse overall, as an endgame.

I heard most people saying it's a simplified version of PoE's and TL2's map system, which it is. If you like it simpler, then it's better, sure. I think it's bland.

Let people play what they want. If he finds it great let him play it.

Sure, we were just exchanging opinions :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Funny, i can play it just fine. Maybe its you and some others with your forever and ever desync problems. Just learn to play with it than complain constantly about it. Nothing wrong with play D3 but like every game eventually you burn out and dont play it anymore.

Half the complaints about this game are about desync. Maybe you're lucky and have 15ms ping and live a city away from the servers, but the rest of the world doesn't. Desync is an undeniable huge freaking issue in this game.

Everyone who plays this game already plays compensating for the desync, from the way they position their characters to the skills and builds they use. Doesn't make it any less annoying when you lose 10% XP because you rubberband back into a group of mobs, or when you waste resources because you're shooting at a mob that in reality isn't even standing there. Sometimes I even teleport into a group of mobs halfway across an area, even if I'd been holding shift while attacking!

Sorry bro, but this needs addressing at some point.
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Mar 30, 2014, 7:26:32 AM
"
x2Real wrote:
"
sasapesso wrote:
I'm playing D3 atm. With new loot system now almost everyone can get enough damage and toughness (because of inflated main stat and vitality). To get decent gear you play 10-15 hours and it is all. You don't need to think, just go and kill some monsters. And as always leveling is painful.

However when I'm in the mood of easy gameplay, nothing too complicated, it is my first choice. I didn't participate in new ambush/invasion leagues because in PoE you have to consider almost every detail of your gear and skill tree. Even softcore PoE is harder than D3 hardcore :D

So I stopped playing PoE because I was feeling like in the work rather than playing a game. PoE trade chat is worse than dealing with old customers at work.

exactly! POE is not fun at all in it's current state
ROS hits the Blah meter of Boredom exactly and the POE devs should pull in some ideas from it

there, fixed it for you.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

They have released something new to the gameplay, something that makes PoE's map system a lot worse overall, as an endgame.

I heard most people saying it's a simplified version of PoE's and TL2's map system, which it is. If you like it simpler, then it's better, sure. I think it's bland.

this is partly true, it lacks any mod or increased item drops (althogh the final boss drops some nice stuff)

but the variety of monsters in d3 makes it much more funny, you can easily get 2 or 3 packs of elites on the screen at once, with 4 abilities each as well as theyr basic attacks ...
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
PoE repeated too many of Diablo 3's mistakes. Loot in this game is utter crap, even worse than loot in original D3 and that is a feat in itself. This and extremely unoptimized game engine overshadow everything good about this game.

When I first started playing this game with my friend, both of us were excited about two things: the skill tree and potential to craft our own items. Using Orbs of Transmutation, Augmentation, Alteration and the occasional Alchemy to improve our gear as we leveled up was fun and exciting. Unfortunately, all that stopped by the time we reached Merciless. It's such a huge waste of potential.

In the end, I feel D3 will be the game for the masses, whereas PoE will be the niche game for a small group of gamers. But maybe that's what GGG team wants?
"
_Elminister_ wrote:

In the end, I feel D3 will be the game for the masses, whereas PoE will be the niche game for a small group of gamers. But maybe that's what GGG team wants?

POE was developed for a niche crowd in the ARPG market and GGG had stated that a quite a few times.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest they marketed POE with a somewhat misleading sales pitch in the *hardcore* ARPG department though.

But honestly,POE has had it's core player base for quite some time and with the closing of that other games auction houses and game changes GGG stands to enlarge that core.

At any rate POE and GGG aren't going bust any time soon and that's a good thing.

I've had lots and lots of thoughts in my head about D3ROS and POE, but I'll just sum it up in a single sentence:

D3ROS, for how shallow the itemization is in comparison, how bright it is in comparison, how less diverse the build system is, got the loot system right, and makes playing the game actually fun again.

And because I know half of this forum is insecure, I'll throw out the necessary disclaimer of "I'm still playing POE".
"
LadyAlekto wrote:

My guys primary first was a cyclone build, ye i saw him desync quite often, in this matter i agree, and i do admit it is a problem... I just find it bad when so many people bitch about it with obvious lacking knowledge of the tech.

So, you acknowledge it's a problem, but you're upset that people with less knowledge of netcode see it as a problem as well? All the desync qq threads are basically the same: desync sux; fix it. You don't have to a computer programmer to know that desync does indeed suck, and that it can, in fact, be fixed.
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
"
LadyAlekto wrote:

My guys primary first was a cyclone build, ye i saw him desync quite often, in this matter i agree, and i do admit it is a problem... I just find it bad when so many people bitch about it with obvious lacking knowledge of the tech.

So, you acknowledge it's a problem, but you're upset that people with less knowledge of netcode see it as a problem as well? All the desync qq threads are basically the same: desync sux; fix it. You don't have to a computer programmer to know that desync does indeed suck, and that it can, in fact, be fixed.

fascinating how you tok the entire discussion about that out of context and come tell me i wouldnt acknoeldge a problem that i spoke about, and how and where i found the problems and what i monitored on my side?

I acknowledge desync is a problem, i am utterly annoyed at tech illiterate people crying about problems in a way showing they do not undertsand a probable cause or are willing to understand the ramifications, instead just bicker endlessly with nonsense half assed knowledge and problem solvings that are absolutely off.

For me its the equivalent to people saying pc sux because of the 15678 toolbars they got for free
"
LadyAlekto wrote:
i am utterly annoyed at tech illiterate people crying about problems in a way showing they do not undertsand a probable cause or are willing to understand the ramifications, instead just bicker endlessly with nonsense half assed knowledge and problem solvings that are absolutely off.

I don't mean to be rude, but is this like your very first time visiting an internet forum?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info