People are not playing now because of d3/eso, but everyone will be back soon.

"
tr4nznrg wrote:

The new expansion doesn't release anything "new" to the gameplay. It's actually "updating" all the mistakes they made in the previous release. But instead of doing that for free (hell they made that mistake)

Doesn't release anything new, just something they should've done earlier... What kind of logic is that?

They have released something new to the gameplay, something that makes PoE's map system a lot worse overall, as an endgame.
I've been trying out D3. After playing for some 10 hours in which I did not experience a single moment of desync, rubberbanding, etc. whatsoever, I fired up PoE.

10 seconds into a map, enemies are running past me and disappearing, rubberbanding all over the place. If I hold shift while shooting my bow my character shoots in a direction my mouse is not aiming at; I do /oos and warp like 3 meters to find I was actually standing somewhere else entirely.

Really, I must have gotten used to it before and not noticed as much, but this game is borderline unplayable.
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Mar 29, 2014, 11:02:46 PM
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
I've been trying out D3. After playing for some 10 hours in which I did not experience a single moment of desync, rubberbanding, etc. whatsoever, I fired up PoE.

10 seconds into a map, enemies are running past me and disappearing, rubberbanding all over the place. If I hold shift while shooting my bow my character shoots in a direction my mouse is not aiming at; I do /oos and warp like 3 meters to find I was actually standing somewhere else entirely.

Really, I must have gotten used to it before and not noticed as much, but this game is borderline unplayable.

I wouldn't say the game is unplayable, but with invasion boss mechanics and insane damage, invasion is just a competition of who can log out or alt-f4 the fastest and that is a sad state ;(
"
grepman wrote:
"
jdilly23 wrote:

Some very simple points for you.

PoEs desync is far worse than other games.

GGG did this on purpose.

yes, GGG did it on purpose to alienate a part of the playerbase and fuck up their profits *facepalm*

if you really believe this, you need your head checked ASAP. sorry to say this, but really. people dont shoot the hen that lays golden eggs. they dont sabotage their own work.

desync happens because GGG's netcode was written a long fucking time ago, and it isnt/wasnt a very good one, both algorithmically and efficiency-wise.

they cannot change the sync code as it is a huge part of the game engine, and changing it now will require re-writing code, tons of hours of testing, and it would actually probably be waay more cost effective to re-write it for PoE2 than to fix the already existing engine.

Their engine is designed this way.
They could have done what every other developer does and created a stable game and dealt with cheaters as they were found. Instead theyve decided to have an unacceptable amount of desync to uphold the 'integrity' of the game. Which they immediately piss away with their RMT policing.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
glh5 wrote:

That's right. That's what I said. You are agreeing with me but you do not realize it. I said that desync is not due to latency but due to how GGG has designed the server to communicate with the client. That's also what you said. No matter how low or how high your latency you will still desync. It has nothing to do with "lag". By the way the servers are not "shit" as far as hardware and network goes. Softlayer is one of the best server providers there is, with an exceptional network and also really expensive.

Edit: by the way I completely agree that it's not acceptable.

I'm absolutely NOT agreeing with you about the servers or even that desync is NOT due to latency, it has just been bastardized to the point where low latency is irrelevant. They've accounted and designed for shitloads of latency and low frequency/bandwidth updates with their method. That consideration in their design is why you desync as you do in PoE, yes, that design is the result of latency and hosting consideration, the desync is STILL the result of latency, but in a roundabout indirect way.

Their whole method is designed to get away with low requirements, the client predicts so that the server doesn't have to process and transmit as much and because they can't afford to host more servers (apart from trying to make it feel responsive). Just go look at bandwidth utilization next time you play PoE, and by all acounts (though I haven't actually investigated this) their data transmission isn't even optimized.

Softlayer could have the best servers in the world, that doesn't mean GGG are utilizing enough of them or dedicate enough bandwidth.

With virtually every "major" patch, release or update (when the game's had an influx of players) the game has had stability issues.

Racers will also generally be able to attest things being worse than usual come big events.

Rhys and Chris have both mentioned issues with high frequency/bandwidth updates and hosting concerns when it's been brought up, before.
The cause is not D3, but PoE itself...
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
I was a bit sad to see ESO release so early in this challenge season, and I know it will be near impossible to play both. :) But I will always come back to PoE, that's what puts it ahead of so many other games for me. Hopefully next challenge season will be at least as good as this one, I really enjoy strongboxes in Ambush.
IGN : Jovial
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:

Funny, i can play it just fine. Maybe its you and some others with your forever and ever desync problems. Just learn to play with it than complain constantly about it. Nothing wrong with play D3 but like every game eventually you burn out and dont play it anymore.
"
tinko92 wrote:

They have released something new to the gameplay, something that makes PoE's map system a lot worse overall, as an endgame.

I heard most people saying it's a simplified version of PoE's and TL2's map system, which it is. If you like it simpler, then it's better, sure. I think it's bland.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

I heard most people saying it's a simplified version of PoE's and TL2's map system, which it is. If you like it simpler, then it's better, sure. I think it's bland.

Let people play what they want. If he finds it great let him play it.

I think its just not great that people that like D3 dont post on there but come here and people that come here from D3 bitch about how bad/good it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info