[1.1.3] HitMe's Invasion Wings Dualstriker "Manmode confirmed" **Cheap and Effective!**

"
Oracle87 wrote:
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
just a quick question im folloing this build in invasion currently lvl 28 and i just 4L DS with multistike melee splash and life gain on hit, my question is while lvling and when i obtained grace how much life regen and life leech do i need to grab blood magic?

While leveling you would better use mana.
I used:

This unique is very cheap and provide a a nice mana&life leech. Also, I leveled with geofri's and ground slam, it is way safer than dual strike and requires 1 less support, and with a slower attack speed all your mana issue vanishes.

oh nice i just picked that up right as i was reading it for 1c with 99% evasion i just got my 2nd mightflay keen as to see how those gloves go thank you =]

Updated leveling guide for tips to alleviate mana troubles (something my mind completely skipped over, sorry).

Aswell as changing my current gear *ADDED FLASKS* (they are very important in Invasion).

Tweaked Later end-game build a bit (picking up sovereignty).

Tweaked end-game build a bit so its no regrets to end up where you need to.
Last edited by HitMeWithLiGht on Apr 15, 2014, 5:46:44 AM
"

I don't know your total mana pool but I was doing some calculations, and about 650 is optimal for Mana, and 550 puts you in a very good place.

I have 443 total mana, 114 unreserved. I don't have any mana on my gear though, with some 650 would be achievable I think (with effort to gear up).

As for Abyssus, there is no problem. I have found a second one. You can reach me Ig: FreyrNdFreyja.

About the 6L I hadn't thought about the new mana cost. Anyway with 6l you can still use a lvl5 dual strike, this really reduced the mana cost by a lot.
All that beeing said, I didn't buy the 6l I linked, instead I bought a Belly of the Beast. I really like this body chest.
I get +250 hp, which in my case in not nothing since by "respecializing"/gear changes I lost a bunch of hp.

My gear:
Spoiler

I will keep upgrading my gear, in particular with a pair a boots I have found yesteday :D

Gear optimization is a bit tricky, when I change one item I need to change another to keep my resists capped. As for now I can't use my boots, though I have found on poe xyz a nice helmet that would enable the use of my new pair.
Currently (still lvl 81) I have:
5.7k hp
17.7k dps with frenzy charges
capped resist 77-76-77
39% chaos resist
7.6k armor

IR arm/eva mechanics:
Spoiler
"

For the evasion -> armor thing it kind of works like that but its actually like
100 * .24 = 24 so 124 Evasion, 124 * .24 = ~153 Armor.

I have tested it, and didn't find what I expected.

These boots have very close eva/arm stats, my total armor with both (I wear off my neckless since it gives +%eva)
185eva -3859
184arm -3857

From these numbers it seems there is no difference between eva/arm when you have IR,
my guess is dual +%arm/eva such as Leather and Steel only apply once.

I don't think it's x* .24 =x1* .24 =x2 (100 * .24 = 24 so 124 Evasion, 124 * .24 = ~153 Armor)
nor
x* (.24+.24) =x2 (100* (.24+.24) = 148 armor)

edit:
Finally I bought a 6L WoE, it was really cheap and anyway the BiS item as body armor is Kaom's Heart, so in the best case I will need to get the links from WoE. And to be honest It was too cheap to pass.

2 divine used so far, I'll use more when I can.

6L setup: (dual strike-Melee Splash-MultiStrike-Faster Attacks-Melee Phys-Added fire)
with high level dual strike -> mana cost = 66 I'm really far from being able to sustain it.
So I use a level 5 dual strike, I gain some dps anyway. The new base cost is 48 (was 50 with 5l and dual strike lvl18).

With frenzy charges (basically this is 99.9% when I run solo maps) 20k dps.

Given the need to use a lvl5 dual strike, the DPS gain between a 5l and a 6l is 2k. Not that big. With a lvl18 dual strike it is around +3.5k dps.

Also, the %ipd isn't really good yet, 108%. DPS wise there is a lot of space for improvement

=.= Pls ignore my old threads (more than 1 month ago) =.=
Last edited by Oracle87 on Apr 15, 2014, 11:11:29 AM
Hey nice guide :)

I started lvling a Ranger with a Wings build in mind (my RF Scion found a set of Wings whilst doing maps). Anyway I hit 60 last night and tried to 5 link my Wings so I could have 2 5 links whilst I lvl'd towards my Kaoms. Anyway a miracle happened and I....:

So ye :D Was over the moon, especially due to the fact I only had 37 Fuses available and managed to get the 6 link in 24 :D

Anyway, I have 3% life leech from phys damage so at the moment I am running Life Leech gem instead of Multistrike. Is there a certain % I should aim for to be able to drop LL gem?

Current Skilltree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B5wOHBS0ILg48EiAUIBhNGJEY2xmOG60dyiFgI_YkmyXfKNsppTSTNug6UkCgR35KfU4qUEdW-lcNWkhbr16LYEtjcGVNZ4BnoG5pcHJyqXTtdPF4SXrvfNl89YCKg3yE2Yd2iiKQCpHOm42euZ7Nn8unMKgHr-u2QbvtvqfAD8CmwPPP-NIh0k3Tft0N3-_tg-4O707veu_j7_D3MvdN9778xQ==

lvl84
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B5wOHBS0ILg48EdUSIBQgGE0YkRjbGY4brR3KIWAj9iSbJd8m-CcvKNsppTB3NJM26DpSQKBBdEd-Sn1OKlBHVvpXDVeXWkhbr16LXz9gQWBLY3BlTWWnZ4BnoG5pcHJyqXTtdPF2K3hJeu982Xz1gIqDfITZh3aKIpAKkc6Vm5uNnrmezZ_LpKynMKgHr-u2QbvtvJ--p8APwKbA88EEz_jSIdJN037dDd_v4mHjn-2D7g7vDu9O73rv4-_w8i_3MvdN9778xQ==

I have almost 11k dps atm (15k with Multistrike) and 7.5k armour.
nvm I just realised I would gain 10% life leech just by using Blood Rage :D
@Terminalz
Spoiler
I was going to say Blood Rage lawl. But, my Ranger only has 3% Life Leech and I can do 74+ maps easily (the +77s become fairly tricky, but manageable).

For your build I think that Heart of Oak is far superior than Unwavering Stance because Ideally this build will pick up a BoR for the blind chance. Several groups I have ran with have been using Blind Skeletons, or a Blind Flame Totem MFer. Blind is pretty legit and with Unwavering it is useless. There is no reason if you get splitting strikes not to grab Iron Grip (it has no downsides). Unfortunately, some fights just aren't easily manageable with melee, forcing us to use Spectral Throw.

202% max life is low for ranged builds and your going to have alot of troubles even in maps ~72s with that. Try to hit 250% atleast imo.

I think this build uses a more effective Mara tree, I might however be wrong I personally don't like the Mara tree if your not a Mara. Once you get the key node in a wheel you don't really need to continue picking up those points as the point for point effectiveness of DPS nodes are often balanced around getting to the key node, not in getting all the points.

This build makes it easier to gear with the added Fire Resistance, Gives you +1% max Fire Resistance, and one of the best nodes in the game (Enemy Critical Strike Multiplier Reduction).

@Oracle
Spoiler
Picking up mana shouldn't be that hard on Head/Gloves. Maybe rings too?
Thanks for testing the IR/Eva thing out they might have changed it? Because I remember people were mad because that was how it worked. I'll test it out on an alt if %armor nodes even give anything to EVA pieces with IR.

Thanks for letting me test out Aby if we ever get down to it =P I am curious. Does Belly of the Beast give you enough HP that makes it better than a ~99 Life chest w/ ~40 Strength?

Your stats are starting to look really legit, this is what I was hoping the build would be able to at least achieve and it makes me happy to know its possible (the 5L dps not the 6L lol).

Can you really run Dual Strike off mana with a 48 mana cost?

108% IPD is pretty good considering its the most important stat, also how much exactly did those cost you? And do you get your currency from Piety runs?

Thanks for the pointers HitMe, I never thought of going through the fire res nodes in to mara tree :) Will play around with it and see what's what :)
So I respec'd out of Unwavering and those 3 passives after that keystone, went in through the fire res and took some life (will grab that reduced crit dmg node later, I remember when there was 2 15% nodes and it was really strong). Anyway, I remembered why I liked Unwavering when playing melee, and that was cos when you get cursed with Vuln, you still don't get stunned which also makes it viable to do Vuln maps :) I will have to get it again once I got some more life nodes.

Also yea, I do agree that I don't have enough life in my build, I do eventually plan on getting all the 6%/6% Armour nodes later, I also want to go up and grab them 4 8% nodes, I also plan on using Kaoms's eventually, unless I get a BoR drop in the meantime :D

"
Picking up mana shouldn't be that hard on Head/Gloves. Maybe rings too?

In theory it isn't hard, in fact it is very difficult to get mana in addition to more important stats. The best slot to pick up some mana would be the jewellery I think, but again it would be in addition to high life/resist/flat phys/mana-life leech.

"
Thanks for testing the IR/Eva thing out they might have changed it? Because I remember people were mad because that was how it worked. I'll test it out on an alt if %armor nodes even give anything to EVA pieces with IR.

I haven't followed every last patch, but I believe it has been changed/fixed.

"
Does Belly of the Beast give you enough HP that makes it better than a ~99 Life chest w/ ~40 Strength?

Belly gives me way more life. My old chest wasn't life 99+ / str 40+, but I'm 100% sure even with a 109life 50strengh belly would still provide much more hp.
Spoiler

With the rare chest I have 5848hp, with belly 6104. Roughly a +150hp. Also the total defense (arm-eva) of belly isn't that low => 797arm with mine (the %arm roll is very bad, but the life% and all resist are pretty good). The gore effect is cool, and above all the skin is really awesome). The goal remains to use Koam's heart of course, nothing beats the +500 flat life^^

Currently I have 6.1k hp, with few level and life node I'll reach 6.5k, with Koam 8k is clearly doable.

"
Can you really run Dual Strike off mana with a 48 mana cost?

Yes. I run out of mana from time to time, especially when fighting boss without other mobs around, or merely when 'desynchro-ing'. Hitting the air ends up with empty mana pool very quickly. That said it's mostly fine, the only moment I feel that mana is a problem is when I group with people running haste. I think the key is not to have a too high attack speed.

"
108% IPD is pretty good considering its the most important stat, also how much exactly did those cost you?

108% is decent, but every % is very important, the difference in the final DPS isn't that tiny.
For instance If I take off my neckless which gives 5-11 flat phys (8 in average so) I lose around 800dps.

My 108% WoE does 153-315 = 234 in average
On poe xyz I found a 120% 20q, it does 161-331 = 246
The difference is 12, it may sound like nothing but considering the +flat phys from my neckless means +800Dps, +12 should be around +1.4k DPS.
I'm currently saving/buying divine, I will attempt to roll my WoE to 115+. I paid these 5ex, but it was dirty cheap, a normal price would have been around 8-10ex.

Since we are using a kind of dual wielding weapon, every +flat phys is applied twice (thank to dual strike). That's why BoR is so nice Dps-wise with WoE, still I'm not found of this helmet, if I find one I'd give it a shot, but I don't think I would use it.

"
And do you get your currency from Piety runs?

Yes, mostly from piety runs. Running maps is for xp (I run maps in solo usually, besides maelstorm of chaos or some other unqiue map). The key is to find good cullers/runners, I usually do priv piety runs with pro' groups, it's much more efficient. Most of the pub piety runs are awefull, people are so slow, no dps = takes ages to chain piety => less drops => less currency ==> when you find good culler/runner click add to friendlist :D

Piety is an alt/chaos making machine, even when you are unlucky you will ever end up with some currency made. And sometimes you find some ex+ unique/rare. It is all about luck and time invested.

CwDT:
Spoiler

I have finally leveled my second CwDT, and tried it out with immortal call-decoy totem-increase duration. I tested it in several 70 maps.
Before that I have been using immortal call (lvl5 I think with lvl1 CwDT) in order to see the difference with a high level one.

The length difference is pretty huge, we go from a 1-2sec immortal call to a 4-5sec one. Since enduring cry is cast way more often it stacks up endurance charges; when immortal call is triggered it is always for several seconds, making it way more reliable (basically it gives enough time to kill the dangerous mobs that triggered immortal call-decoy totem).

Overall I prefer this CwDT layout.
As for decoy totem, it is a nice add. It is usefull, not as usefull as the other CwDT gems though.

Current Gear with gems:
The level 18 enduring cry is meant to be self cast, not meant to work with CwDT.
I bought a new helmet, it helps a lot with my armor (I'm close to 10k now). Changed my neckless since I didn't need that much resist. Traded off some chaos resist for more life/armor. I'm still using these bad gloves since I need the +dex to be able to wear my new helmet. I have bought better gloves with high life/mana leech/ chaos resist, but I forgot I needed that much dex. I'm trying to find +dex on jewellery, but at this point it's quite difficult to find the jewellery I need.
Spoiler

=.= Pls ignore my old threads (more than 1 month ago) =.=
Last edited by Oracle87 on Apr 17, 2014, 7:06:22 AM
I started running Blood Rage now! I only have 2.5% Life Regen and +13 Chaos Resistance and it is easily sustained I personally cannot believe I haven't used this skill every before its insane.

Yeah each % is important because it scales with #-# phys from other items.

Piety groups are fuckin annoying in a public group. xD
I'm usually the first to finish (waiting around 3-5minutes for the rest). Someone in my group actually died to Piety once (no Invader). Its like a circus. The MFers never have huge amounts of rarity either. xD

I'd try that CWDT out. But, Vaal Cyclone is too stronk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info