[1.1.3] HitMe's Invasion Wings Dualstriker "Manmode confirmed" **Cheap and Effective!**

Hello,

very nice build.

I have a similar character lvl 80, I started as a duelist though.

My build:

My gear:
Spoiler

Main stats:
Spoiler

5.6k hp
3.7k armor => 27% reduc tooltip (this is my main concern)
75% capped /over capped resist
-21% chaos resist

16k dps dual strike (5l : dual strike + Melee Splash + Multistrike + Melee physical + Faster Attack).
0.19 attack speed (a bit over 5 APS).

I'm running only Hatred for the DPS boost.
160ish unreserved mana, 4% mana leech : in solo I easily sustain my mana, doesnt drop much; but in group with Haste I gain more APS and run out of mana very quickly.

2% life leech (passive, none on gear).
I have tried to run blood rage, I hardly sustain my hp with around 220life/sec (with endur charges I do sustain). For the time beeing, running Blood rage is not very practical, I lose too much defense for the gain in Life Leech. Nonetheless I intend to use it when I can, I need to improve my gear to get a decent chaos resist (-21% is clearly not enough).

- If I use 2* 60% auras I have enough mana left to attack once (around 50ish mana), bascially it is not enough, I'd need the double of that.
Do you think it's possible to run 2* 60% auras and use mana leech (it saves 1 supp gem, which is a lot dps wise) ?

- How do you get 6.2k armor with your gear ? My gear provides more armor than yours and still I have way less armor than you. Is it only due to grace-IR ?
Also, when I can run 2* 60% aura I think I'd better use Determination (my current build hasn't IR + the required dex of Grace is pretty high). Also when you reach a high armor determination ends up giving more armor than Grace (+ the fact you save passive points). Though with my current armor It's obvious Grace+IR would be far better.

Overall getting a decent armor with WoE is pretty hard.

- Isn't it scary to play a melee character with less than 5k hp ? I have 5.6k (and low armor also) and I don't really feel tanky at all.

Yesteday I've run several Maestorm of chaos map (unique mountain ledge), Punishment is really really deadly, was close to death several times (with 1 click = 3 attack in a small pack of mobs I lost around 80% of my hp, really).
I checked the wiki, Punishment curse is just overtuned, I don't really see what I could do to counter this. Increasing my armor would help a bit, though it's not easy to get equipement with good life - resist - armor. On poe xyz I just can't find the items I would need to improve my armor. Also my life leech is low (2%), blood rage would help, but finding gear with chaos resist is very difficult in Invasion (everyone needs chaos resists for these Invasion bosses).

I love my WoE duelist, the DPS output is pretty nice (especially for the price of the build), allowing me to have a decent clear speed in maps.

"
Shibby88 wrote:
Thought i'd share how it's going for me atm. Currently lvl 74.

With grace + hatred.
Offensive:
10080.4 Dual strike
1206.7 ST

Defensive:
Hp: 5164
Armour: 10170 (57% phys reduction)
47% chance to block attacks.
12% chance to block spells

-60% chaos resistance tho. really have to do something about that :p

Link your gear please, 10k armor seems super high without a shield to me.

=.= Pls ignore my old threads (more than 1 month ago) =.=
Since this post will be a long one ill probably do it in little short bursts ^^

For the 2 60% aura questions its going to be nigh impossible to feasibly use. You can run Dual Strike w/ Multistrike with only 58 mana. I was able to leech enough mana back with 2% leech on gloves that I could spam the ability. Problem is if I wiffed a single dual strike i'd have to auto attack twice to have mana to Dual Strike again.

Grace + IR gives me 3900 armor it is almost 2/3 of my total armor... (yes my gear is that bad).

I would make the argument that you cannot reach the high armor easily with WoE that makes Determination better than Grace + IR because you cannot pick up one of those 2k+ armor shields.

As for scary, I don't think that its that scary 2 Instant Potions help a bunch (I also have 21k armor when I blow my flasks). I am also at 5.4k life now.
P.S. Good flasks are the difference between life and death, especially in Invasion.

As for reflect I have no problem with it.
1. If I see a super huge reflect pack I use Spectral Throw instead of Dual Strike.
2. I'm not sure if you have it because the CWDT on your helmet is only linked to Enduring Cry on the gear post, but Immortal Call crushes physical reflect and laughs a little bit while doing it.
P.S. Always use Enduring Cry with Immortal Call. (imo molten shell is underwhelming once you get to maps).
3. Switch Melee Physical Damage -> Added Fire Damage (only decreases my DPS by 670 and doing this lets me run phys reflect maps, WATCH OUT FOR DOUBLE REFLECT STILL).
3. Get to +10% chaos res, this would make Bloodrage easy to run (especially since you have alot of regen from tree). It helps a lot with physical reflect.

Also Punishment is the only scary thing on Maelstrom of Chaos so I would always run a warding flask there.

Shibby linked his gear in an earlier post (not sure if it was entirely up to date but yeah ^^)
*EDIT* I lied... lawl, I also asked if Shibby will post his gear on the thread ^^

All things considered your gear is pretty damn decent compared to mine xD

Your tree is a little weird IMO but there no way to respec it now to a Duelist tree I'd use without spending like 40-50 regrets. the part I disagree with is not going IR (specifically because Thickskin and Wrecking Ball nodes are pretty much on top of each other.

The Build I'd probably.
1. Its got 7 more points than you have in your build.
2. It has 20% more max life
3. Allows you to run Grace
4. There is no need for 5 Endurance Charges since your running Enduring Cry of CWDT, might not even need 4 either.
5. the 8% Mana node is honestly not that bad and the 4% IAS and two 12% Physical Damage While Dual-Wielding nodes are pretty inefficient.
6. Wrecking Ball, Nuff Said.

This build might suffer from biased though (I think Mara tree is where points go to die in a relatively inefficient manner, same with the Scion Life Wheel).
This is my summary of the good parts of the Mara tree:
1. The potential 2% all res (I'd only take fire + lightning and the all node however.
2. The Enemy Critical Strike Multiplier Reduction (One of the best nodes in the game).
3. Warrior's Blood (The 2% regen is huge if your going to use Bloodrage.
4. Aegis, For shield character's which we are not =/.
5. Born to Fight is pretty notable aswell.

Last edited by HitMeWithLiGht on Apr 12, 2014, 2:44:12 AM
Another update of my stats and gear.
I am lvl 81 atm.

I can run blood rage now.

Offensive stats with hatred and 3 frenzy charges from blood rage:
Dual strike: 12.8k dps.
ST: 1.3k dps.
4% life leech from blood rage.

Defensive stats with grace:
5.7k hp
10.7k armour (51% phys reduction)
Elemental resistances: 76%
Chaos resistance: 0% (yes exactly 0 :p)
47% chance to block attacks
12% chance to block spells
259.7 hp regen

Gear

Passive tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B5wOHBH4FLQguFCAUcRUgFfAYTRiRGNsZjhrbG60dyiFgI_YkmyXfJy8o2ymlLOk0kzboOlhAoEF0R35KfU4qUEdUSVb6Wkhbr18_YEtjcGVNZ4BnoG5pcHJyqXK7dO108XYreEl673zZfPV9dYCKg3yD24TZhxmHdooikAqbjZ65oW2krKcwqAe2QbnNvJ--p8APwKbA88EE0k3Tft0N3-_jn-oY7YPuDu8O707veu_j7_DyL_ZI9zL3Tfjr-WP8xf66

The mara area isn't really ideal.
I went there for 2 reasons:
1) +10% ele resistances
2) reduced extra damage from critical strikes.

So if i would get better gear in the future i'd probably spec out of it and go north for life nodes and elemental adaption

Future plans:
replace my gloves with chaos res or/and leech.
replace belt and probably some jewelry work aswell.
hopefully get 6l :X
Last edited by Shibby88 on Apr 11, 2014, 2:49:34 PM
I understand why you felt my build was weird, I went to the scion life wheel, it may look like inneficient, but in average it's actually worth it (life wise it is as good as going north to the templar area).

Just for information my inital end game plan was:

Another variation I have had considered:

CwDT - Immortal call
Spoiler

I changed my gems recently in my helmet/gloves. Lately I haven't been running maps at all, just chaining piety runs in group in the hope to find some valuable stuff.
The gem in Helmet/gloves in linked before are a bit random, just leveling 1 CwDT, and I don't use Temp chain while doing piety runs.

My standard set up was:
- Helmet : CwDT lvl 1 - Temp chain - Molten shell - Enduring Cry
- Gloves: Self cast Immortal Call - Faster casting - Increased Duration - Blood Magic
I'm also using a self cast Enduring Cry - Faster Casting; to gain some charges before engaging big packs.

I wanted to try out CwDT - Immortal Call. Self casting Immortal call gives more control, but in some case (lag-desync) it isn't the best, beside it takes some time to cast it, meaning less time attacking.
My idea was to use 2* different CwDT, on low lvl (most likely lvl 1), and one high lvl (lvl 20).
- Lvl 1 CwDT : Temp Chain - Enduring Cry - ?? - (I don't know yet what 4th gem would be wise it use it).
- Lvl 20 CwDT : Immortal Call - Molten shell - Increased Duration
- A self cast Enduring Cry - Faster Casting to help me getting more charges before engaging large packs.

ps: About Molten shell I disagree with you, the armor buff at lvl 20 is 1,058.
This isn't nothing. I'm not sure if %armor from passives work with it though. Anyway +1k armor is always nice tot take.
Besides it provides a fire burst (2k), and to be honest I don't see any better trigger gems I could use.

What do you think of the idea of using 2 different level CwDT ? The point is obviously to trigger temp chain-endur cry more often in order to have a longer Immortal Call.

- About the auras It's sad that 2* 60% while using dual strike on mana is not really viable. Using Blood Magic means 1 less support gem, anyway I'll try it since you convinced me that Grace-IR is "necessary" with WoE. This is my first dual strike character, and generally speaking I'm not experienced at all with melee character. I didn't realize not using a shield would end up with such a low armor (it is less than what I have on some ranged characters of mine).
- For Determination I agree, Grace-IR seems the way to go with dual wielding.
Also If I reroute to IR I'd get to ranger area, I'd have no more trouble with dex for gems like Grace-blood rage-Faster attacks.
With my current tree I'm forced to get stats (dex and int) on gear, which makes the gear up much harder.

About reflect I just don't have the links to use another attack skill than dual strike, nor the will to. I don't like the idea of not going melee. For normal reflect (the aura) I use my granit or Immortal Call, usually it's just fine. The issue I had was especially with Punishment (in malestorm of chaos). In phys reflect map I hardly sustain my hp, I have tried to run some and finally reallized I hadn't enough mitigation (armor)/ leech/regen.

Also I feel that I really need to upgrade my flasks, they are all more or less random (0 instant life pot ^^).
Spoiler

I badly need a warding flask on granit/ quicksilver, on my hybrid flask sometimes I expires too quicky.

3. I will test added fire out, I'm glad I have thought to level one.

"

Your tree is a little weird IMO but there no way to respec it now to a Duelist tree I'd use without spending like 40-50 regrets. the part I disagree with is not going IR (specifically because Thickskin and Wrecking Ball nodes are pretty much on top of each other.

The Build I'd probably.
1. Its got 7 more points than you have in your build.
2. It has 20% more max life
3. Allows you to run Grace
4. There is no need for 5 Endurance Charges since your running Enduring Cry of CWDT, might not even need 4 either.
5. the 8% Mana node is honestly not that bad and the 4% IAS and two 12% Physical Damage While Dual-Wielding nodes are pretty inefficient.
6. Wrecking Ball, Nuff Said.

I agree there is no point in having 5 (6 actually : I took Oak/Oak/Oak) Endurance charges if I use Enduring Cry on DwDT. Though this is not really the case, I used both CwDT Enduring Cry and high level self cast Enduring Cry.
That being Said If I use Immortal Call with CwDT there is not use to have so many endurance charges since I will mostly never have the time to stack them up before Immortal Call is triggered.

About the 8% mana I kinda disagree, 8% mana on a 100 mana unreserve is only 8 more mana, I don't think it is worth the point. Plus the passives I have to take in the case I skip the 8% mana are not bad at all: 4% IAS is not low, it is just a normal node, the 2* 12% Increase phys are not bad either.
Basically this is either getting 1* passives we don't really need (8% mana) or getting 3* passives that are usefull.
Nonetheless I'm too short on passives with my new build (linked below) and do just as you said. Still it sounds weird to get this 8% mana node.

Now giving the fact I'm willing to use the IR-Grace combo I have taken the passive tree you linked and modified it a bit.

New end game build: 111 points used.

My build uses way more passive points than yours, so a direct comparison would be irrevelant.
I will describe the differences point-by-point.

I didn't reallize that Wrecking ball was that good, 4 points to get in average per point:
-10.25% increased phys
-3% IAS
In short they are very strong nodes.

I didn't pick up Gallentry (at the bottom of the tree): they are simply not worth it in my opinion.
First, they are not on the way, plus it's 1* 10dex wasted (RT+IR means no bonus from dex, and with this build we wouldn't need more dex for gems/items).
4 points to get in average per point:
-2.5 useless dex
-8.5% phys
-1% IAS
If we compare it with what Wrecking Ball nodes give it's obvious they are weak.

I took Weapon Artistry, 3 passive points to get 4% block chance is worth it in my opinion, plus the %phys buff is not that bad (13.3% in average, and 6.67dex).

I also took Fell the Weak (near templar area):
1 point to get 20% phys +10% armor is just too good to skip.

I dropped the endur charge you took in the duelist area, not a big difference though.

Last but not least, I went into marauder area. I took the way through By The Blade to save 1 point (this way I get 2* offensive nodes more, and lose 2% life leech, 15% fire resist).
I do believe the marauder area is worth to go in, indeed the life nodes around are not the best, but as you said there is some unique things you can get in this area:
- 2% max resist (actually it's +2% max fire/light +1% cold).
- Critical Reduction => this is the main reason why I think it's worth it. 20% doesn't seem to be that much in appareance, thought it is just too strong to skip in my opinion. The hit that may kill you are most likely critical hit, besides it also applies to critical elemental damage, thus reducing the elemental status (Freeze, Shocks especially).

Furthermore, the other nodes are not weak at all, the hybrid life/armor are not weak at all, 6% is 33% less than 8%, but they also provide 6% armor (a normal armor node is 16%, the best armor nodes combination can give 20% in average (in the duelist area).
A bunch of 8% life, a 30life 10str node (close to the normal oak, with the 3.88 life multiplyer of my build this means +135.88 life).
A notable regen node (Warrior's Blood : 2% regen + 20str).

I have one last question :D
What do you think of the unique body armor Daresso's Defiance for WoE build ?

In short it gives:
- high armor (with IR) : up to around 2.1k
- 40-60life (wihch is around half of what we get from a rare body armor)
- 2-3% life leech (we want the 3% of course), this would help a lot I think.
- 6% dodge versus attacks, that doesn't sound bad at all, it's in average a global 6% increase of EHP for attacks.

And finally the real reason to use this armor:
You lose all Endurance Charges when Hit
You gain an Endurance Charge on Kill
You gain Onslaught for 1 second per Endurance Charge when Hit

With this we would generate endurance charge a lot faster (in solo), and thus we would get either Onslaught (20% ias + 20% move speed) or a longer Immortal/Call.

I haven't ever tried this armor yet, but it looks pretty good. In Invasion they are cheap (around 1ex), though I prefer to know what the pros think about it first ^^

Among the uniques armor, Belly of the beast would suit the build too, but the armor is low. I would like to use a body armor with way more armor/eva.
edit: of course there is also koam's heart, but it is too far from my price range, though I think it remains the BiS item for 2h/bow life users, since we wouldn't suffer from the no-socket drawback.

I would like to thank you for your reply, I think this will help me out a lot.

Last edited by Oracle87 on Apr 12, 2014, 8:42:31 AM
Here we go =P

The layout you had your gems on makes a lot more sense now that I know you were going self cast Immortal Call. As for running a level 1 and a level 20, I find level 20 CWDT isn't as beneficial because for every time it procs when you want it to it will proc 2-3 times when you don't, such as, the last 2 mobs remaining, or a volatile proccing (rares usually the last in a group to die) I'd rather have a little help all the time than inopportune procs when I don't need them (ofc this is personal opinion but, I think you might be over thinking how good it actually is.

This would be what I'd link :
lvl 1 CWDT - Temp Chains - Increased Are of Effect - Enfeeble. Since Defenses seem to be your problem run Windscream's THEY ARE FANTASTIC!!! (Otherwise you don't need 2 CWDT).
lvl 4 CWDT - Enduring Cry - Increased Duration - Immortal Call
P.S. Running Immortal Call without Enduring Cry is rough IMO.

I agree its really unfortunate that we cannot run two 60% auras. But, I'm pondering a way to potentially get around that.

I was thinking about trying this when I decided to splurg a bit on gear. But, feasibly sovereignty is on the same travel point that leads to Elemental Adaptation. This could potentially be huge, 4 points for a DPS increase around 4-5k if works as intended. Although you might have to pickup 40+ mana on 2-3 pieces of gear to make it completely viable. Food for thought.

Holy Crap your pots are god awful I'll link mine I don't know why I didn't in guide I'll add that to the guide as well P.S. my pots are legit as fuck.
Spoiler

For getting these pots pick up every single Hallowed Life Flask that drops and transmute it. If this doesn't get what you need keep it and use the 5 of a kind recipe to get the un-Id'd Flask from vendor.
P.S. You really don't need a Quicksilver (Leapslam is enough).

8% mana is really underrated I have 450 Mana Total the 8% node gives me 36 mana, With Sovreignty (which i've decided im going to do). I did calculation in earlier thread post 2 60% auras turn into 64% total mana reservation. This means that the 36 mana I gained from the 1 8% node give me 11.52 mana which is about 1/3 the total mana cost of a mana using Dual Strike 5l. Make sure you're using the level 5 Dual Strike if do what I'm going to do and switch to mana (Lowest Mana Cost).
P.S. With my mana 2 auras w/ Sov will leave me with 144 mana left unreserved.
I Wholeheartedly Disagree that the 8% mana node is bad the 12% node will give you barely and DPS (probably around 80-120). Think of it as a travel point. By The Blade or Blunt w/e is the only way into the Mara tree imo =P

I agree Weapon Artistry > Gallantry (I honestly didn't optimize the build to much was just making and example sort of thing). I thought I clicked Fell The Weak idk. xD

Daresso's Defiance has always been a Bow Build Chest imo you want Immortal Call its not even up for discussion especially since 3% life leech isn't that huge heres what I used on my Reaver in nemesis

The only stat you truly benefit from is the life leech which is attainable elsewhere as for chest pieces find a 1200+ armor, eva, or eva/armor piece *its not hard*
Look for something with something around those parameters (especially since you have 5l WoE). should be able to pick up stellar chest piece for under 10c (as long as it isn't 5L or 6L).

Now that your IR you want to specifically try to attain EVA > Armor because eva double dips from nodes like Leather & Steel while stilling benefiting from armor nodes after it is then converted into armor (this is the reason why IR is so viable).

Sorry if my punctuation has slowly deteriorated over the duration of this post if something is unclear just make another post or PM on forums or game =P
Last edited by HitMeWithLiGht on Apr 12, 2014, 1:20:51 PM
just a quick question im folloing this build in invasion currently lvl 28 and i just 4L DS with multistike melee splash and life gain on hit, my question is while lvling and when i obtained grace how much life regen and life leech do i need to grab blood magic?
if your running LGoH you should be fine running BM with Heart of Oak and pots (just don't swing at the ground or anything lol). Once you pickup Golem's Blood aswell it will be a breeze. As for the relevance of Grace it doesn't matter if you have it or not when you switch to using BM. Although I don't think you need to switch to BM at such a low level. Mana pots should be fine and if it comes to absolutely needing it just pickup a Wurm's Molt. I used Wurm until level 76.
Last edited by HitMeWithLiGht on Apr 13, 2014, 7:42:33 PM
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
just a quick question im folloing this build in invasion currently lvl 28 and i just 4L DS with multistike melee splash and life gain on hit, my question is while lvling and when i obtained grace how much life regen and life leech do i need to grab blood magic?

While leveling you would better use mana.
I used:

This unique is very cheap and provide a a nice mana&life leech. Also, I leveled with geofri's and ground slam, it is way safer than dual strike and requires 1 less support, and with a slower attack speed all your mana issue vanishes.

1. CwDT
Spoiler

I'm still leveling my second CwDT, so I haven't tested yet.
Though I changed my mind about molten shell, I believe the %armor nodes don't work with it (anyone can confirm ?). A flat 1k+ armor isn't that much.

In the lvl20 CwDT I'm thinking of using: Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Decoy Totem
No enduring cry with this CwDT may seem weird, but the other CwDT (lvl 1-5, I don't know yet) will be linked with an enduring cry and should be triggered more often, and thus I don't think this will be a problem.
About the lvl 1-5 CwDT, I still don't know what to use for the 4th link:
CwDT - Temp Chain (this curse is really amazing) - Enduring Cry - ???
As for now I'm using molten shell, but it isn't really usefull.

2. Auras and new build after respec
Spoiler

"
I agree its really unfortunate that we cannot run two 60% auras. But, I'm pondering a way to potentially get around that.

I was thinking about trying this when I decided to splurg a bit on gear. But, feasibly sovereignty is on the same travel point that leads to Elemental Adaptation. This could potentially be huge, 4 points for a DPS increase around 4-5k if works as intended. Although you might have to pickup 40+ mana on 2-3 pieces of gear to make it completely viable. Food for thought.

I was thinking about the exact same thing, picking up Sovereignty in order to use 2* 60% auras and keep using dualstrike on mana. This is what I did, I just respeced', around 20 well spent regrets.

My new passive tree:

My character is now lvl 81. Still Oak/Oak/Oak, but I think I'll respec merci bandits to get the +1 passive, anyway I'm not in a rush to do so since getting levels is pretty easy/quick (level 81).

I haven't enough points to get elemental adaption yet, but of course I've planned to pick it with the next passive points. Some elemental damage hurt really hard, especially some scary invasion bosses. +2 max all resist can't do any harm.

At the level 86 I will have +284% life, which is pretty solid. I think I will spend the passive points of the level 86-90 to get Wrecking Ball.

I'm very happy about my respec, it clearly improved my character.
To sum up the main difference:
- lost around 100life
- gained 600 dps (without frenzy charge)
- roughly doubled my armor

Now I have 5.5k hp, 6.9k armor, 77-76-77 resist (with large overcapped on fire/light), -8% chaos resist, 16.6k dps (self hatred), 18k with 3* frenzy charges (thx blood rage).

The gain in armor is huge, I have done several tests in merci docks. My character seems A LOT tankier than before. The difference is really huge (with a lvl 11 grace : couldn't lvled it up because of the dex requirement) 3.8k -> 6.9k.
With the respec I also got more dex/int, which allowed me to switch for different/better items.

I upgraded my gear a bit: especially with a fresh bought belt
Spoiler

Now I use blood rage, with -8% chaos resist I can easily sustain my hp, the life leech is more than nice, it's amazing. In addition he frenzy charges provide a solid dps boost (18k dps).

I have tried to use only 2% mana leech, it almost works without frenzy charges (the IAS boost), but with 5.5 APS+ it is clearly not enough. By almost I mean most of the time the mana is ok, but from time to time I run out of mana. With frenzy charges 2% doesn't work at all. Even with 4% sometimes I hear the "I need mana".
-I have 115 mana unreserved, lvl 18 reduce mana. My gear doesn't provide any mana, just some intel.
- Dual strike cost : 50 mana.
Using a lvl5 dual strike could be "viable" to solve the mana problem, in my case (5l) the mana cost would be 36, but I would also lose 1.2k dps (16.6k -> 14.4k).

I have found the rip helmet this evening,

49%, nice roll^^
Anyway, I reach 21.5k dps with it (frenzy charges up, self hatred). 20k without frenzy charges.

The end game DPS is really promissing while having a decent defense.
Now I have 18k with non qual gem and 5l (only faster attack is 20q).
- Wrecking ball alone would give more than 2k dps (the 15% IAS from frenzy charges provide 1.4k dps).
- I think a 6th link (most likely added fire) would add at least 4k dps.
- 20/20 gems would add something like 2k.

18+2+4+2 = 26k, not counting gear upgrade (this wouldn't be huge dps wise anyway). Really promissing build.

I have read a softcore build in the duelist section, the guy claims to reach 60k dual strike.
For a hardcore build I believe 30k should be achievable without mirrored items.

"

Holy Crap your pots are god awful I'll link mine I don't know why I didn't in guide I'll add that to the guide as well P.S. my pots are legit as fuck.

Yea, that's what I call a bit random flask. I took the time to roll my new flasks:
Spoiler

I always use at least 1 quicksilver, I use leap slam but it's not the same at all. With quicksilver you can chain groups of mobs a lot faster, also abusing of leap slam always ends up with heavy desync, running with quicksilver is less "desync prone".
I do a lot of piety runs with dual brighbeak, leap slaming a lot means desynchroing a lot.

About Daresso I got it. It's either immortal call or Onslaught, as a melee I'd better chose defense over offense.
I will invest in a new body armor, but I'm not sure yet if I should buy a nice rolled rare (high arm/eva life resist) or a 6l. A 6l would provide a solid boost in DPS but could end up with a net loss in defense.
I could also buy a 6l Woe (a guy is selling one for 8ex, but that need to be divined: 83% i think (probably many times with my rng luck)).

Every time I slay piety I hope to find this Koam's heart, I think it suits perfectly with WoE since WoE has the unique property of enabling 6l-Kaom while dual wielding. Who would say no to 8k hp with 6link.

I might purchase this armor.

The life roll is pretty low (I think it would be a less 150-200 life).
But the total armor/evasion is just enormous.
Also a nice fire resist, I have checked my gear, with just a switch to another similar amy I have I'd have capped resist.
Of course it is mainly for the 6link, I'm looking forward to passing 22k dps.
Do you think it would be wise to buy this ? If I buy it I'd be broke.

IR mechanism:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Now that your IR you want to specifically try to attain EVA > Armor because eva double dips from nodes like Leather & Steel while stilling benefiting from armor nodes after it is then converted into armor (this is the reason why IR is so viable).

Do you mean that eva gear benefit from both eva and armor %nodes ?
I mean for example, with a 100 eva item
the leather and steel node would give +24% eva first (I doubt the order exists or matters),
100* 0.24 = +24eva
and then would add +24% armor (after the IR conversion) to the base, 100* 24 = +24 armor
All this would end up with 100+ 24*2 = 148 arm.

While a 100 armor item would only provide 124 armor.

Is my reasoning right ?

In this case all my items would better be in evasion base items. But I mainly need red sockets. For instance, if I want to use a 6l in a evasion body armor I would need to roll 4 off colors (far from impossible, but means hundreds of chroms).

edit: added several spoiler to make it more readable since my post is very long.
Sorry for the spelling mistakes, english is obviously not my native language.

Last edited by Oracle87 on Apr 13, 2014, 11:31:05 PM
Thanks for the Slitherpinch idea I'm going to add it to the leveling section ^.^

Decoy Totem is really nice because you can position yourself in doorways and when CWDT procs ( you have a chance to summon the decoy totem behind you). At this point melee mobs will try to run towards it (blocked by you a.k.a. not attacking while the ranged mobs projectiles are absorbed by you, very good with vaal cyclone IMO).

I would like to be updated when you get the leveled CWDT, a post-completion interview you could say. =P

The aura idea made me really happy when I was thinking about it! Shitloads of damage if able to support it. Also a ~24% boost in defenses because of increased effect on Grace.

I don't know your total mana pool but I was doing some calculations, and about 650 is optimal for Mana, and 550 puts you in a very good place.

I'd like to try on Abyssus if you wouldn't mind kind of interested how that would work out lol.

Nice pots man! Very worth it to invest in those in this league. As for Quicksilver, the only reason I can justify using one is for the increased pull in speed on Vaal Cyclone. For running Piety though I would still use a Quicksilver. But, for maps I think its unnecessary.

As for the 6L I would say no because there's no way your going to be able support it (on mana) with the current map pool you have.

I think the Daresso's Defiance call was a good one (pass that shit up unless you ranged xD).

For the evasion -> armor thing it kind of works like that but its actually like
100 * .24 = 24 so 124 Evasion, 124 * .24 = ~153 Armor.

Last edited by HitMeWithLiGht on Apr 14, 2014, 8:40:16 AM
"
if your running LGoH you should be fine running BM with Heart of Oak and pots (just don't swing at the ground or anything lol). Once you pickup Golem's Blood aswell it will be a breeze. As for the relevance of Grace it doesn't matter if you have it or not when you switch to using BM. Although I don't think you need to switch to BM at such a low level. Mana pots should be fine and if it comes to absolutely needing it just pickup a Wurm's Molt. I used Wurm until level 76.

cheers for that im heading to golem's blood now see how my stats look when im higher up thx for the imput =]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info