Invalid Items Deleted (Updated with Incident Report)

"
pokchu wrote:
Unavailable
Unavailable

fuck yeah !
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
High mana cost equals zero.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I'm drooling over some of those unreleased skill gems, especially Return Projectiles (hello, Descent Champions) and BACKSTAB.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I know what I want for Christmas.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
Sodomee wrote:

The mana cost is 0...

As is the case for Righteous Fire. What are you trying to justify anyway?
"
Chris wrote:
"
Considering people were getting bugged quest rewards (like getting +2 skill points for killing Necromancer in act 1 [and being able to turn in the quest an infinite number of times]), I think we need a hard reset GGG.

Game is fucked. Roll back, or PoE is ruined the day RoS comes out.

This isn't true. You can't get unlimited skill points. It doesn't work that way.

Says the guy who just admitted you fucked your web server while it was live creating a bunch of invalid crap that shouldn't be possible......yea...sure.
I have never seen an online gaming company handle such a situation so professionally and I commend GGG for it.

I'm sorry for those who thought they hit the jackpot with illegitimate items and for those who lost maps, sacrifices, etc.
"
"
Chris wrote:
"
Considering people were getting bugged quest rewards (like getting +2 skill points for killing Necromancer in act 1 [and being able to turn in the quest an infinite number of times]), I think we need a hard reset GGG.

Game is fucked. Roll back, or PoE is ruined the day RoS comes out.

This isn't true. You can't get unlimited skill points. It doesn't work that way.

No?

"
JeffSteel wrote:
I got the piety's pets quest reward instead of the respec points for the act 1 normal necromancer quest. I could also just keep getting it over and over for infinite skill points. When I realized what was happening, I got the message about the servers getting shut down immediatly. Is my character perma borked?

He's not the only one I've seen reporting the same issue. There are other players in the subreddit claiming the same thing as well.

Are they all mistaken?

Just because another player used the word "infinite" doesn't mean that he could have actually gotten an infinite number. It isn't clear that he actually did get an infinite number of skill points. It's likely he was extrapolating and/or using hyperbole when he wrote that.

Just because a random person uses a word in a forum post does not mean that what they say is 100% accurate to the literal meaning of the word.
GGG if possible, could you kindly tell us what scenarios we can expect in the near future? Like Rollback, Wipe, Some stuff staying?
The best was a unique with a kiwi art picture.

Also my ice crown mtx was the fire pheonix thingy, although it still had the correct name and 2D art.

This is nuts though man. Some serious shit.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Mar 26, 2014, 2:18:01 AM
"
Jessiah wrote:

Just because another player used the word "infinite" doesn't mean that he could have actually gotten an infinite number. It isn't clear that he actually did get an infinite number of skill points. It's likely he was extrapolating and/or using hyperbole when he wrote that.

Just because a random person uses a word in a forum post does not mean that what they say is 100% accurate to the literal meaning of the word.

yeah it's more than likely that there is a hard-cap on skillpoints so exploits of that nature wouldn't lead to economy-devastating bugs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info