Invalid Items Deleted (Updated with Incident Report)

After careful investigation, the solution we chose was to delete all non-currency, non-microtransaction items generated during the 18 minute window.

If you'd like more explanation, Jonathan has posted a full incident report. We are incredibly sorry that this occurred.

If you lost a microtransaction effect that was applied to a now-deleted item, please contact support@grindinggear.com. We unfortunately cannot restore any actual items that were deleted in this process, just their attached microtransactions.

There's currently a problem interacting with guild stash tabs that had these items in them. We'll be investigating and fixing this tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Mar 26, 2014, 5:55:48 AM
"
Considering people were getting bugged quest rewards (like getting +2 skill points for killing Necromancer in act 1 [and being able to turn in the quest an infinite number of times]), I think we need a hard reset GGG.

Game is fucked. Roll back, or PoE is ruined the day RoS comes out.

This isn't true. You can't get unlimited skill points. It doesn't work that way.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
"
Chris wrote:
"
Considering people were getting bugged quest rewards (like getting +2 skill points for killing Necromancer in act 1 [and being able to turn in the quest an infinite number of times]), I think we need a hard reset GGG.

Game is fucked. Roll back, or PoE is ruined the day RoS comes out.

This isn't true. You can't get unlimited skill points. It doesn't work that way.

No?

"
JeffSteel wrote:
I got the piety's pets quest reward instead of the respec points for the act 1 normal necromancer quest. I could also just keep getting it over and over for infinite skill points. When I realized what was happening, I got the message about the servers getting shut down immediatly. Is my character perma borked?

He's not the only one I've seen reporting the same issue. There are other players in the subreddit claiming the same thing as well.

Are they all mistaken?

They are mistaken. The way it works is that each quest flag can grant some number of skill points. You can't get a quest flag more than one time, regardless of what's going on with items.

At worst they could have a lot of respec points, which is something we'll investigate.
We've updated the main post with a link to the full incident report.
"
So the guild stash tabs that these deleted items were in; now wont open.. fix?

Thanks, looking into it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info