Invalid Items Deleted (Updated with Incident Report)

"
"
Sonto wrote:

Depends on who you ask. Many people, including myself, bought invalid items before they announced that they were wiping them. This is definitely a catastrophe in my book. They should not have put the servers up before putting up 1. a recurring server message saying to not trade the invalid items and 2. putting an announcement below the log-in screen to not trade the invalid items.

You should have used common sense.

Anyone with a brain can see these items are legitimately broken and unintended, and considering there hasn't been a patch nor any notes released about new skill gems.

Bottom line: It's your fault for spending currency on these items. You should have thought about it before simply being overcome with whatever it was that made you want to buy them.

Quite the unfair stance. Especially considering how one gem in particular does not look invalid at all.

What about people who were leveling new characters and instead of picking legitimate skill gems ended up picking invalid gems? What happens if those people happened to start playing just now? Should they be punished as well?
Last edited by Sonto on Mar 26, 2014, 3:09:51 AM
Wow indeed.
"
Sonto wrote:
"
"
Sonto wrote:

Depends on who you ask. Many people, including myself, bought invalid items before they announced that they were wiping them. This is definitely a catastrophe in my book. They should not have put the servers up before putting up 1. a recurring server message saying to not trade the invalid items and 2. putting an announcement below the log-in screen to not trade the invalid items.

Anyone with a brain can see these items are legitimately broken and unintended, and considering there hasn't been a patch nor any notes released about new skill gems.

Bottom line: It's your fault for spending currency on these items. You should have thought about it before simply being overcome with whatever it was that made you want to buy them.

Quite the unfair stance. Especially considering how one gem in particular does not look invalid at all.

What about people who were leveling new characters and instead of picking legitimate skill gems ended up picking invalid gems? What happens if those people happened to start playing just now? Should they be punished as well?

I personally consider it a "wewps!" moment. Are you saying you want more broken legacy items in-game? Shit that costs ppl 500 exalts?
"
Sonto wrote:
Should they be punished as well?

They shouldn't, but it can't be helped.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
"
Sonto wrote:

Sounds to me like you made a good deal from the circumstances.
"
member7 wrote:
"
"
Sonto wrote:

No, you don't understand, it's just a couple mySQL commands to fix all this. It's not like anyone gained any advantage.

Items are made by rules

Items that do not fit these rules can be culled.
"
T7g wrote:
I personally consider it a "wewps!" moment. Are you saying you want more broken legacy items in-game? Shit that costs ppl 500 exalts?

I'm not sure if there are any items that are worth 500 exalts as a result of the craziness. If you find one, let me know.
"
member7 wrote:
"
"
Sonto wrote:

I'd have to agree. Elder glossed entirely over the idea of warning people before putting the servers up.
Last edited by Sonto on Mar 26, 2014, 3:15:34 AM
"
Sonto wrote:
"
T7g wrote:

I'm not sure if there are any items that are worth 500 exalts as a result of the craziness. If you find one, let me know.

I'd say that an item or skill gem that could only be gained in the last 24 hours is worth 500ex if they stay in game.

They are most likely test skills or "unfinished" skills.

Those items going in to game would permanently destroy the economy. People would only want invalid, over-powered, items from this very day forward.
[Removed by Support]

Edit: Deleted wrong section
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Mar 26, 2014, 8:23:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info