Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

Seems like a fun alternative play mode to the rmt driven leagues. My support to Petrov!
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

Just like FFA/PA was optional.

Imagine if the upcoming doubling of uniques was optional, like if you had a slider.

I love optional, it essentially gives excuse to shit ideas because, you know, it's optional.

**not saying this is a shit idea, but using optional has lost all credibility with me.

Unless you really think that everyone will leave all of the other leagues to go play without trading then I don't think your complaint has a lot of merit.

This league isn't forced onto anyone. I was just pointing that out because people seem to be implying that it would be.

My complaint wasn't with SFL, with certain restriction I feel it could be something I would enjoy too.

My irk lies with the use of "optional" being the fall back reasoning behind changes. Someone doesn't like it, and you just say it's optional. Even the ones that offered very constructive reasoning, optional is the final answer.

Kind of like how religion uses "free will" as it's final blow to any argument against it. I mean, you might as well be saying free will instead of optional, they mean the same thing, both revolve around having the choice ourselves.

Edit: Oh yea, I had a point. The point is no matter if it is optional or not, if people see someone playing with the newest toys, they want to play with them too. Even as a collective decisions that seem fun, leave you feeling less accomplished when achieving them. It is a hard thing to understand, because everyone feels like "fun" should be handed to them, and when I feel "difficulty" should be handed to me, then its no no we can't have that, make your own difficulty. How about you make your own fun then?
Last edited by Worldbreaker on May 27, 2014, 9:58:41 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

Just like FFA/PA was optional.

Imagine if the upcoming doubling of uniques was optional, like if you had a slider.

I love optional, it essentially gives excuse to shit ideas because, you know, it's optional.

**not saying this is a shit idea, but using optional has lost all credibility with me.

Unless you really think that everyone will leave all of the other leagues to go play without trading then I don't think your complaint has a lot of merit.

This league isn't forced onto anyone. I was just pointing that out because people seem to be implying that it would be.

PA was kind of forced onto everyone, that's his point. There's barely any optionality regarding allocation modes, and he fears the same could happen when GGG intoduces a self-found league.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on May 27, 2014, 10:00:51 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
PA was kind of forced onto everyone, that's his point. There's barely any optionality regarding allocation modes, and he fears the same could happen when GGG intoduces a self-found league.

Last time I checked, SA was default.
I don't play in groups, but streamers constantly switch off SA.

Periodic reminder:

"
I forgot to mention one of the biggest reasons apart from money, in my opinion, why SFL will prolly never happen and that is that SFL would reveal absolutely all the flaws the game has even to the white knights. Most people that use their eyes and brain see them now, but SFL would devastate even fanboys if they would participate.

Don't participate in it.
You have been warned!
"
Xavderion wrote:

No, FFA/SA was forced, and not "kind of" by Xavderion's logic.
PA isn't forced in any kind of way.
"
CCR5 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Last time I checked, SA was default.
I don't play in groups, but streamers constantly switch off SA.

Periodic reminder:

"
I forgot to mention one of the biggest reasons apart from money, in my opinion, why SFL will prolly never happen and that is that SFL would reveal absolutely all the flaws the game has even to the white knights. Most people that use their eyes and brain see them now, but SFL would devastate even fanboys if they would participate.

Don't participate in it.
You have been warned!

If you give players a slider to increase the amount of loot that drops, where do you think they will put it?

If you gave players the "option" to automatically pickup currency as they walked over it, or open doors as they walk up to them, or reset boss instances just before the boss instead of running the entire level, which do you think will be chosen?

Of course when easier things are implemented they will be more popular. Even players that don't want the changes know that they are up against players using every ease of use to their advantage. Even in this SFL. It is setting up for the ultimate brag fest, players bragging about what they find to others, or what they crafted. I have a very hard time believing these players want to play in some SFL closet with no contact with the outside world.

FFA was forced onto people because we HAD to use it, PA is forced on us because of ease of use, unless you are in a premade party. PA completely removed loot tension, if others aren't experiencing this extra difficulty, why should I?

SFL exposes nothing to players that played truly self found. I rush the start of 4 month leagues and don't have anyone to buy gear from, and don't start selling anything until I get gear to grind with myself.
In this sense, yes.
But you can always host your maps under FFA/SA if you disagree with that change.

And SFL is a slider into making game more difficult instead of less difficult.
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
SFL exposes nothing to players that played truly self found. I rush the start of 4 month leagues and don't have anyone to buy gear from, and don't start selling anything until I get gear to grind with myself.

It starts around lvl 85, around mid maps, around 1 month without upgrade.

Start of the league is easy, if you did it several times before.
"
Xavderion wrote:

I understand that criticism but there are obvious differences between the two.

Everyone knew that PA would have an effect on the game, mostly because far more players wanted it than didn't want it. PA really had no downside, nothing to keep people away from it.

I personally don't think a separate league that removes the easiest part of the game would hurt the rest of the game very much. Depending on how its implemented of course.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on May 27, 2014, 10:56:46 AM
If crafting wasn't a joke and loot wasn't 99,99% waste, we wouldn't need a self-found league.
But seeing as how people want to keep the game "sad & hardcore", we're forced to hang unto the SFL train, in hopes of getting decent loot.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info