[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

"
IDeeCee wrote:
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
IDeeCee : Cheers man, going up date my levelling section with your findings :)

you should also mention that whirling blades arent optional, if you dont want to die its a must

about Diary of IDEECEE' - i dont mind but i dont know how accurate it would be for ppl who dont have items i have

ill reply here for ppl who read whole thread not only 1st post

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

A) Did you manage to dual wield from the very start and was it easy ? ( Level 3+ )

i did dual wield from start, normal is easy + i had
but it should be doable with normal claws

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

B) What claws would you recommend to level from 1 to 20 and then 20 to 40 ? ( unique or just random rare ones )

the uniques i had were nice, i used 2 of them til lvl 49, then i switched to 1 rare that i had in my stash, at 55 i got

if you can afford them go for uniques, but Mortem Morsu is like 5c+ i just had it drop few days before i started playing claw, its easier than bothering with crafting/buying rares

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

C) What difficulty are you finding from levelling from point 40 to 60 ?

for me it was easy, a complete faceroll(though i didnt bother much with vaal areas), but i do have some uniques like
+ i have 3x lvl 50 and 1 lvl 69 so i have some experience and items to use

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

D) What would you consider the build weakness so far since I assume you have yet to
take up vaal pact ?

builds weaknesses are lack of resist nodes, so you ppl need to get it from items/auras, but there arent many easy to reach resist nodes near anyway so thats smth ppl will need to deal with

2nd RNG based defense, if you are luky its God Mode, if not, well you are running naked, i have like 50 armor atm so when i do get hit i get hit hard, that is why you will get 1hit, instagibbed and the reason whirling blades are a must - you need to gtfo asap if you get few large hits in a row, it helps to steal some life and get out of danger so u can kite while you drink a pot, or attack some other monsters to leech back. not so much in normal/cruel but for merc its important. mobility is one of your defenses, you cant facetank everything(though you can most of the stuff if you kill them fast enough) hit and run tactics are good for hard encounters, large mob masses, aoes(like those eyes that blind u) gas clouds, dodge projectiles etc.

it also reduces time you are not attacking(and not leeching life) and it gets addictive for movement :D

in summary - easy and simple build but does require general gaming knowledge/skill

i dont have vaal pact (7 points away), i wouldnt suggest rushing it its end game skill, and even then i dont think its for all builds but claws is one of those builds that can use it cause of of leech from nodes/weapons

PS. you should get some video for this build, it helps understand how it looks while playing, but i cant help with that, old pc and no exp with videos

Appreciate the work you have put in to my build :) .. I will update the levelling with your new information when I get back from work.. Regarding the video. It will be most likely a weekend job.
"
CommodoX wrote:
Dualwielded from the beginning, Melee Splash + Multistrike (Quest Reward + Drop in Act 2 Normal) at Lvl 19.
Now Lvl 40 with 1,4k dps in 4l armor - 1 slot is for Item Rarity so it can even go higher.

Normal was a joke and cruel act 2 is a joke too ..... I destroy everything.
Resistance is a big problem, Purity aura is a must have but getting capped resists in merci will be very hard I guess.

Don't try to go Claw from the beginning - every weapon that increases your DPS is better, I switch my weapon every 1-3 levels if they get me more damage. I care for leech later, you can facetank everything in Norm + Cruel without it. Brutus / Kole / Piety / Dominus died in seconds.
Hatred is god mode btw.

Items:

Hey just wondering if you started the build from scratch? ( no help from previous build's item) If you did I would like to add you to the Levelling guide to as 'Diary of CommodoX '.. This will give fresh players a insight of what is like :)
The belt + rings is from my Marauder (selffound), Whirling Blades is also from another character but also a quest reward from Shadow, second quest act 1 .... so I just skipped the quest reward with lvl 3-4 because I already had it. Hatred is from my Ranger, act 1 normal brutus quest reward.

The rest is shadow quest rewards / selffound - Melee Splash with Lvl 19 in act 2 from the spear quest + Multistrike drop (3rd since Ambush) and a 2 linked item for Dual Strike + Melee Splash I used it since then. Upgraded to 3 link when I found Multi and just facerolled everything.

Before I just took Whirling Blades to roll around killing mobs and Dual Strike for bosses.
Used claws / daggers / swords / axes I found on my way, whatever brought the most DPS when I changed it.
And - NO PARTY PLAY. I made every quest solo and ran everywhere on my own.

Without the Meginords Belt you can take a resistance belt so you can use other rings.
You may don't kill Piety in 10 seconds (the changed her form only once before she died) but in 15 or so but I would still call this build totally viable for act 2 cruel - but I have to test with the chaos damage + resistance when I face the Vaal boss and his mobs.

Big question: I miss the bandit rewards in your guide.
I took 40hp and I think I will take the 18% from Oak in Cruel too.
But for Merci I'm not so sure, Endurance Charge works not so good with CwDt (lvl 1 CwDt = Lvl 5 Endurance = you don't get more than 3-4 charges).
So I think power charge.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Mar 26, 2014, 8:49:53 AM
"
CommodoX wrote:
The belt + rings is from my Marauder (selffound), Whirling Blades is also from another character but also a quest reward from Shadow, second quest act 1 .... so I just skipped the quest reward with lvl 3-4 because I already had it. Hatred is from my Ranger, act 1 normal brutus quest reward.

The rest is shadow quest rewards / selffound - Melee Splash with Lvl 19 in act 2 from the spear quest + Multistrike drop (3rd since Ambush) and a 2 linked item for Dual Strike + Melee Splash I used it since then. Upgraded to 3 link when I found Multi and just facerolled everything.

Before I just took Whirling Blades to roll around killing mobs and Dual Strike for bosses.
Used claws / daggers / swords / axes I found on my way, whatever brought the most DPS when I changed it.
And - NO PARTY PLAY. I made every quest solo and ran everywhere on my own.

Without the Meginords Belt you can take a resistance belt so you can use other rings.
You may don't kill Piety in 10 seconds (the changed her form only once before she died) but in 15 or so but I would still call this build totally viable for act 2 cruel - but I have to test with the chaos damage + resistance when I face the Vaal boss and his mobs.

Big question: I miss the bandit rewards in your guide.
I took 40hp and I think I will take the 18% from Oak in Cruel too.
But for Merci I'm not so sure, Endurance Charge works not so good with CwDt (lvl 1 CwDt = Lvl 5 Endurance = you don't get more than 3-4 charges).
So I think power charge.

I think if you are not using immortal call then you will be able to get the 5th endurance charge out quite easily but since I've started using immortal charge 3 or 4 is all you need.

One of these weekends I might just do point 1 to 40 with nothing but self found and add that instead but I have added your recommendation to using dual wielding with other weapons to begin with into my levelling guide :)

I actually still think using reave and fire traps to be the most effective method to begin this build and only move to dual claws later in the game hence I do actually want to put it to the test.
Just beat Piety on merc, Piety itself was quite easy, I had max cold resist and her fire form does nothing, this build is really strong in 1v1 situations anyway, but Solaris, Lunaris and docks were hard with low resists, there are a lot of hard hitting mobs that can kill you fast and have high elemental damage that can 1shot you(like corpse explosions) flasks, purity of elements and flasks with + elemental resists are really good at this point, beating Piety is strongly suggested for skill point reward, but now ill lvl on some 66/67 maps, get better resists and then proceed to Dominus, if you have too much trouble with these zones go farm something, get some levels, better gear and come back later cause these zones double difficulty of previous ones
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
I actually still think using reave and fire traps to be the most effective method to begin this build

I don't like Reave due to low attack speed and I already have a lvl 63 fire trapper so I didn't want to play with Fire Trap again.
Beat the shit out of act 2, upgraded my weapons with 2 nice rare ones and got over 1k life and nearly 1,6k dps.
I go and get some more life nodes, damage is enough atm but I want 2k life before I go to merci.

Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Mar 26, 2014, 10:44:25 AM
Hey guys the whole diary thing was more messy than expected so I'm removing it because
its real pain in the back side editing it

I am going to be leveling a new character anyway from scratch so hopefully it makes life easier

UPDATE : i've put Diary thing at the very bottom, if people wants to read CeeDee experience of the build they can :)
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 26, 2014, 5:41:24 PM
Commando X : I might also do a second dairy for you under your name for a second perceptive of the build but need to find the time.
My variation which may not differ so much but I think it might ..

Video:
Vaal Pyramid @ LV68

Build Breakdown:
Spoiler

25 Points

50 Points

75 Points

100 Points

117 Points Complete

This breakdown was created so you wouldn't need to use any regrets or refunds at all. Obviously there are a bunch of things you can do to help yourself along the way. Take Mind Drinker early on to help with mana problems before you swap to blood magic. Grab Ondar's Guile early on before you have your 5L, or better, Lightning Coil. There are a few other possibilities that can be done bust most require a bunch of respec'n to make everything work smoothly. I don't believe in spending a TON of regrets in a non-Hardcore league so this is what I came up with. Feel free to contact me if anyone has any questions! :-)

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Why did I do the build this way?
Spoiler
Biggest and simplest reason is you can't level if you can't survive. Yes, most people only think DPS when it comes to standard but honestly what is the point if you can't comfortably walk into any map, almost any mods, and just run through it with ease? The tree runs the way it does because there are 3 sets of nodes that will be taken along the right side as I level more. Then toon is currently only level 68 but that is my gear and where I'll be come level 80.

I will attempt to be a little more in depth as the build progresses even more.

Thank you to TheDeadEndKing for taking the time to talk with me in-game and on the forum. I hope that by the time I'm finished with this build + gear that you'll be proud of what I provided. I will also get some screenshots of the current stats on the toon. Will edit this post shortly with those!

*EDIT* Added a video showing the build in action on a level 68 map. No, the clearing isn't the fastest but I mostly was going to show how easy it is to survive with it. Obviously, you can opt out of being survivable and go for DPS sooner. Not the fastest run or the best quality but I think it gets the point across.

Last edited by Dralyne on Mar 28, 2014, 1:20:40 PM
Its looking fantastic already man.. Sorry couldn't say bye in game.. I'm half rushing to go to work and half trying to level my new character.. I'll update the guide on sunday :)

and yeah any questions just ask away.. It might take me a while to answer back because I am not very good at typing and playing at the same time, lol

Just wondering why take influence node ? or I am just a really selfish player when it comes to group play

and nice work on the life regen node.. Since I play Vaal Pact I completely forget about it when creating the Non Vaal pact version.

Also it can be good doing a 20 points progression guide if you have the time.. Just for new players who might go about it the wrong way :)
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 28, 2014, 4:13:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info