[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

"
Kirielis wrote:
Blood Rage to gain frenzy charges? If you have chaos resist, anyway. That'll increase attack speed and life leech with no downside because of dual wielding. Only thing it costs you is HP, which I don't know how significant it would be with high CR given that you're using VP.

Actually that won't be a bad idea. I might try to implement that when I get back home. I do sometimes find blood rage to be pretty annoying since you can't switch it off when you want too :( .. Thanks for your advice !!
"
IDeeCee wrote:

mana leech could be used later at like 20~40 points or 40+ since u wont do enough damage for it to matter before

and why u take so few block/evasion nodes ?

bloodrage with VP would be like shooting yourself in the face, even with decent regeneration it hurts like hell unless you stack chaos resist

Thank you for trying out my build. I am humbled :)

Yeah I've changed the leveling so that you deal more dps at the beginning. In all fairness
in my builds you have to respec a little for full efficiency and I did do alot of that as I
progress in the game.

I take very few evasion because being Vaal pact its not about avoiding every attack.
Even if you avoid 2 attack out of 3 ( 67%) you will have enough time to life leech back
all the damage before you take another attack

in my Final Form I have something like 40% dodge 27% Evasion and 33% Blocks which
calculate( 1-40% = x, x - 27%= y, y - 33% = just less than 30% which means I avoid
70% of my attacks anyway.

I think bloodrage might work for my final form with only -20% Chaos resistance but I need to
get home to see how well it works before I will change my guide.

UPDATE : Actually it might work if you are using bloodseeker for endgame ( With Blood Dancer boots should be interesting) but if you use Vaal Pact its definitely too risky

If you feel that you don't have enough evasion then add some. If you want you can write your version of the Passive tree for the first 60 points and I will include it in this guide, since my levelling guide is pure speculation since when I first started playing this game as a dual wielder they didn't even have melee splash :) lol

Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 24, 2014, 10:07:26 AM
i think the leveling part is mostly ok(except mana leech should be taken a bit later), with fast acrobatics and ondars you have enough survivability early, and i saved most hp nodes for last (starting to add them close to 40 pts) since in normal just acrobatics + ondars is enough

making my leveling build would be pointless cause i used few items that are too expensive for new players, and ppl who have access to those items can faceroll normal without adding any skill points and can do easily most of cruel, and probably first 2 acts of merc. your start has decent balance of hp and damage mitigation.

i dont know how it will go on merc since there isnt many resistances outside of items. for normal and cruel

+ 2 prismatic rings took care of resists, the cheapest goldrim start at 1c and might be a decent option for resists.

Why dont u take ambidexterity(24%phys dmg + 4% speed), you are 2 points away from it.

and you are near a few reduce mana reserved nodes, taking some would make it possible to run 2x auras earlier without q20 reduced mana/blood magic on attack. while leveling you could run hatred + purity of elements, then either run some other aura or respec when your reduced mana gem is high enough level.

and about more evasion/block - its about opening chests, desync or some other stuff where you take a lot of damage without being able to steal it back. but acrobatics might be enough once i start getting better gear(and get VP)

PS. i did a lot of editing so some parts of post might be fd up and not make much sense :D
Last edited by IDeeCee on Mar 24, 2014, 10:28:40 AM
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"
Kirielis wrote:
Blood Rage to gain frenzy charges? If you have chaos resist, anyway. That'll increase attack speed and life leech with no downside because of dual wielding. Only thing it costs you is HP, which I don't know how significant it would be with high CR given that you're using VP.

Actually that won't be a bad idea. I might try to implement that when I get back home. I do sometimes find blood rage to be pretty annoying since you can't switch it off when you want too :( .. Thanks for your advice !!

Yes you can mate!Just open your inventory and remove the gem and put it back :)
Also happy to help,and glad u liked the power charges.You know i am a crit veteran,having played alot of crit builds,most succesfully the poutsos flicker nuke that has like 130 pages here(i am poutsos,just posting from another acount),and in all crit builds,if i am not playing with flicker as a main attack,i ve found that the most efficient way to get power charges is to play as a flicker charger.I mean u should move from pack to pack with flicker in order to not waste time and get hit by projectiles,and at the same time,the quality on flicker,gives it 80% increased critical strikes,which makes the power chage gaining situation much easier
Don't even need to open inventory - put the gem in a weapon and use weapon swap.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Last edited by Kirielis on Mar 24, 2014, 1:16:52 PM
"
IDeeCee wrote:

i dont know how it will go on merc since there isnt many resistances outside of items. for normal and cruel

+ 2 prismatic rings took care of resists, the cheapest goldrim start at 1c and might be a decent option for resists.

Why dont u take ambidexterity(24%phys dmg + 4% speed), you are 2 points away from it.

and you are near a few reduce mana reserved nodes, taking some would make it possible to run 2x auras earlier without q20 reduced mana/blood magic on attack. while leveling you could run hatred + purity of elements, then either run some other aura or respec when your reduced mana gem is high enough level.

and about more evasion/block - its about opening chests, desync or some other stuff where you take a lot of damage without being able to steal it back. but acrobatics might be enough once i start getting better gear(and get VP)

PS. i did a lot of editing so some parts of post might be fd up and not make much sense :D

I think you'll have use elemental resist auras like when I wear my MF Gear or you can actually spec in some resistance

To be honest my build is 2 points away from a lot of good nodes but I don't really want to compromise my build any more. If I spent any more I will have to cut into my crit nodes which I really don't want too.

Yeah I was thinking of having two auras and running down the the hunter's nodes but Grace only adds like 10% to my Evasion which is good but not worth sacrificing any of my crit or health nodes.

I was running two auras for a long while but didn't like how once in a while I would run out of mana so I respecced with only one aura but never run out of mana.

I do understand but to be honest 70% avoidance is good enough in my books and again I don't want to sacrifice my Health, Crit or Damage Nodes.

and don't worry about it everything made sense :)
"
astraph wrote:
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"
Kirielis wrote:

Yes you can mate!Just open your inventory and remove the gem and put it back :)
Also happy to help,and glad u liked the power charges.You know i am a crit veteran,having played alot of crit builds,most succesfully the poutsos flicker nuke that has like 130 pages here(i am poutsos,just posting from another acount),and in all crit builds,if i am not playing with flicker as a main attack,i ve found that the most efficient way to get power charges is to play as a flicker charger.I mean u should move from pack to pack with flicker in order to not waste time and get hit by projectiles,and at the same time,the quality on flicker,gives it 80% increased critical strikes,which makes the power chage gaining situation much easier

Something I might try with my build in the future..

20/20 Flicker + Faster Attack+ Crit power Charge+ increase crit chance

with Blood Rage

The only thing I would say is it might be quite fiddley because for this character I do like
the simple playstyle of just whirl blade to target and WHACK WHACK WHACK :p

Kirielis : The only problem with switching weapons is that my auras are attached to my weapons hence I would need to reset them every time I deactivate Blood rage..

saying that I think it is definitely a great variation to my build :)

Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 24, 2014, 3:09:07 PM
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

I think you'll have use elemental resist auras like when I wear my MF Gear or you can actually spec in some resistance

the resist part was more for new players, older players understand the importance of it. imho guides should be made with 1st time players making their 1st or 2nd character in mind unless stated otherwise(like these soul taker/aegis [insert 354235 ex item here] builds) and simple things that are well known to experienced players should be mentioned, i know i had a lot of problems cause of ignoring defensive stats when i started playing

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

Yeah I was thinking of having two auras and running down the the hunter's nodes but Grace only adds like 10% to my Evasion which is good but not worth sacrificing any of my crit or health nodes.

how about haste + hatred. theres 1 point for 5% reduction near crit on upper part of build that might be temporary point since l20 q20 reduced mana should be enough. that point could be traded for 8% life or skipped claw life steal node(if your gear has enough)

PS. im just bored so im throwing around ideas and theorycrafting + this seems to be fun, beginner friendly build so it deserves bumps

"
IDeeCee wrote:

the resist part was more for new players, older players understand the importance of it. imho guides should be made with 1st time players making their 1st or 2nd character in mind unless stated otherwise(like these soul taker/aegis [insert 354235 ex item here] builds) and simple things that are well known to experienced players should be mentioned, i know i had a lot of problems cause of ignoring defensive stats when i started playing

how about haste + hatred. theres 1 point for 5% reduction near crit on upper part of build that might be temporary point since l20 q20 reduced mana should be enough. that point could be traded for 8% life or skipped claw life steal node(if your gear has enough)

PS. im just bored so im throwing around ideas and theorycrafting + this seems to be fun, beginner friendly build so it deserves bumps

Yeah I absolutely agree with you there. Thats the reason why I made the alternative bargain item section because not everyone is as sad as me and will try to save up 20 or 30 ex just for one thing, lol

Grace or Haste would be ok I guess but you will still have issue with mana and yes thats how I only just manage to maintain the two auras with the '5% reduction near the crit'

Since the 'nerf' of life leech with 21% life leech my instant life leech is just 2k per second whilst before it was 4k per second ( with 17%). The general theme of the build is alot of life leech, crit hit every second and fast attack making him semi-immortal, lol

To be honest it was barely noticeable but it just irritated me that once in a blue moon
i used my normal attack.

Also not going to lie I luv the simplicity of this build. I've just been experimented
with it today (respeccing to different nodes ) and the simpler I play with it the better and fluid the build plays :)

Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 24, 2014, 5:26:15 PM
@TheDeadEndKing - I attempted to PM you today because I'm hoping to take this build or one very similar to level 95+ while in Ambush. I do think a variation using Blood Rage = Frenzy Charge nodes would be awesome if I'm looking to drop Multistrike. You mention a build that uses BR but I don't see it listed anywhere on your post. I know other people created it but it'd be awesome if we could make this a centralized area for Dual Claw builds that are in relation to your's. Even if it's a link to the other post showing the build variations it'd be great.

I will more than likely make this my complete main and am prepared to dump a ridiculous amount of currency into this build. I've never, personally, seen a level 95+ dual claw character since Beta. So I'm hoping to be one of, if not, the first to do it.

I also plan on getting an Atziri kill while being pure melee. I don't know if anyone has achieved this yet on any server but I'm hoping to make it happen somehow. Probably going to take a lot of leech + dodging attacks, LOL!

Get in touch with me when you have the chance so I can pick at your brain a little in regards to this build and some other theories I have :-)

- DualClawFTW (Will name change once I'm level 80+ to my normal toon name Dralyne)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info