[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

Gem linked shared :)
"
astraph wrote:

Yeah man,you dont have to take power charges from the tree at all,you just have to link power charge on crit on your flicker strike :P(free 150% crit chance).

Even though I don't really use my whirling blade to actually attack, I guess I can slot a cast of power charge 20/20 and get a power charge bonus or two once in a while..Thanks for the advice man :)

( UPDATE) Just tested it and it is pretty sweet !! Thanks man !!
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 23, 2014, 6:12:16 AM
Why do u use faster casting with CWDT?
Doesn't it cast it faster ? ( The theory is the faster it cast the quicker I get the protection) .. Well I thought it worked with faster casting if it doesn't let me know. Thanks

If I didn't use faster casting I'll probably add a level 10 cold snap but for the time being its been pretty good.
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 23, 2014, 4:03:56 PM
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
Doesn't it cast it faster ? ( The theory is the faster it cast the quicker I get the protection) .. Well I thought it worked with faster casting if it doesn't let me know. Thanks

If I didn't use faster casting I'll probably add a level 10 cold snap but for the time being its been pretty good.

Not sure if it does (haven't seen faster casting in other builds). Maybe it does but not worth it? I'll do some testing as soon as I get a faster casting gem.

P.S. The build looks nice - will be trying it out soon!

Edit: If I understand right you only get power charges from using whirling blades - correct?
Last edited by skyflash88 on Mar 23, 2014, 4:58:07 PM
"
skyflash88 wrote:

Not sure if it does (haven't seen faster casting in other builds). Maybe it does but not worth it? I'll do some testing as soon as I get a faster casting gem.

P.S. The build looks nice - will be trying it out soon!

Edit: If I understand right you only get power charges from using whirling blades - correct?

I might experiment with another spell instead and see if it is actually better but in all fairness I doubt I will level more than level 91 or 92.

and thank you for the compliment. It would awesome if someone can use my build from level 1 and be able to correct my levelling section since its mostly a speculation with all the new features added since I started playing :)

Oh yes..That was actually a recommendation from another player which I will put in a thank you note at the end of my build. I levelled the build without the power charge but it is a nice bonus.

Let me know if you do use my build because I would love feedback from level 1 to 60 :)

This is a very well thought out build, thank you for posting. I only have one speculation: why don't you go for any frenzy charge nodes? Using frenzy would increase your speed for dmg and life leech, and PCoC could benefit too.

also, why do you skip out on Blinding Speed and Repartee in starting area? they're so good! lol
Last edited by vivaspain on Mar 24, 2014, 1:28:26 AM
"
vivaspain wrote:
This is a very well thought out build, thank you for posting. I only have one speculation: why don't you go for any frenzy charge nodes? Using frenzy would increase your speed for dmg and life leech, and PCoC could benefit too.

also, why do you skip out on Blinding Speed and Repartee in starting area? they're so good! lol

The problem with Frenzy it doesn't use both claws hence dual strike wins out as If I had a single monster 'frenzy' attack as well as a AOE 'dual strike attack I would need to sacrifice something on my character and I do not feel it is that important

I have used frenzy on another character ( Blood rage lightening arrow build) and to be honest I feel unless you build it around certain items it is the weakest of all the charge.

I also think its about balance.. Since my build compliment both power and endurance charge it is always best to focus on what your build is good at rather spreading yourself out too thin.

Regarding not going for Blinding Speed and Repartee.

Well basically majority of the game I had Repartee but I had to choose between

that and 6% speed and 1 additional Power charge and I chose the latter. The reason why is because it was like 600 dps difference and to be honest when you are doing over 30k dps already you really don't feel the difference

I might still consider Blinding speed because if it increase my attack to 9 aps from 8 aps it would be pretty decent. ( That would mean I roughly Crit 3 times every 1 second which would be awesome).

When I get back to work I'll let you know on the result on changing it too Blinding speed :)

Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 24, 2014, 5:06:52 AM
Blood Rage to gain frenzy charges? If you have chaos resist, anyway. That'll increase attack speed and life leech with no downside because of dual wielding. Only thing it costs you is HP, which I don't know how significant it would be with high CR given that you're using VP.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
thanks for guide

I did try that leveling build, with stuff like
Spoiler
it worked nice, atm @ lvl 51 with 3k aoe dps unbuffed(i think i had less dps on my 1h cyclone duelist when i finished merc :D ) and with only 4l

mana leech could be used later at like 20~40 points or 40+ since u wont do enough damage for it to matter before

and why u take so few block/evasion nodes ?

bloodrage with VP would be like shooting yourself in the face, even with decent regeneration it hurts like hell unless you stack chaos resist
Last edited by IDeeCee on Mar 24, 2014, 8:00:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info