[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

Nice guide =)

Question though, what do you think of using bringer of rain? Is it bad to use?

I currently have one, but i dont own a carcass jack, so I was wondering if it might be an alternative.

Thanks!
"
Dralyne wrote:
@TheDeadEndKing - I attempted to PM you today because I'm hoping to take this build or one very similar to level 95+ while in Ambush. I do think a variation using Blood Rage = Frenzy Charge nodes would be awesome if I'm looking to drop Multistrike. You mention a build that uses BR but I don't see it listed anywhere on your post. I know other people created it but it'd be awesome if we could make this a centralized area for Dual Claw builds that are in relation to your's. Even if it's a link to the other post showing the build variations it'd be great.

I will more than likely make this my complete main and am prepared to dump a ridiculous amount of currency into this build. I've never, personally, seen a level 95+ dual claw character since Beta. So I'm hoping to be one of, if not, the first to do it.

I also plan on getting an Atziri kill while being pure melee. I don't know if anyone has achieved this yet on any server but I'm hoping to make it happen somehow. Probably going to take a lot of leech + dodging attacks, LOL!

Get in touch with me when you have the chance so I can pick at your brain a little in regards to this build and some other theories I have :-)

- DualClawFTW (Will name change once I'm level 80+ to my normal toon name Dralyne)

Sorry man, I was actually working on this build and experimenting with different passive nodes when you message me so I was half writing up, half testing.

If you read the 'Non-Vaal Pact Alternative Strategy' I wrote a small paragraph regarding
a method where you can gain frenzy and power charge by using flicker strike and then when you max out you just spam your Dual Strike.

I don't think you need to swap your multi strike if you get your charges from Flicker strike

In theory this can be done with Vaal Pact but you will need to switch your weapon
to deactivate blood rage but you need to make sure your weapons don't have any
auras on them or they get deactivated too.

When I get back from work I'll probably focus on that section a little more for you :)

and dude much respect to you if you do get to level 95.. I don't think I'll ever get pass
level 91 or 92 because I think after that the grind gets stupidly slow.

Even from 85 to 90, I had to take breaks ( I rerolled 4 different times as well as spent like
a 100 hours just focusing on MF ) Overall it was moderately enjoyable since there were always
goals to achieve ( the last being 'diminishing return achievement' ) but I am not sure going from 90 to 95 would be that fun, lol

Actually i've seen a hurricane build kill her. It wasn't easy but havoc did it.

The problem with dual strike is I'm not too sure if the reach is long enough to kill
all the minions when she is regenerating but maybe you can find out for me :)

I'll pm you when I am completed with that section tonight :)
"
Nice guide =)

Question though, what do you think of using bringer of rain? Is it bad to use?

I currently have one, but i dont own a carcass jack, so I was wondering if it might be an alternative.

Thanks!

In theory it should be fine, I have never used it myself.

If you are following my build you will need

Multi strike, Melee Splash, Increase Critical damage and Dual Strike fitted in the helmet.

Just make sure you have enough elemental resist and protection ( evasion, block and dodge).. I generally try to focus on at least 67% avoidance meaning

I only get hit once every 3 times. This would mean that I have time to recharge myself
before the next hit but then again you also got a blind gem too so that should help

The best would be a 6 linked Carcass Jack because of the AOE Bonus but to be honest they
are awfully expensive ( 28 ex to 40 ex )

Give me an update on how well it fairs compare to Carcass Jack or Tabula Rasa, Cheers :)
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 25, 2014, 3:36:40 AM
"
Dralyne wrote:
@TheDeadEndKing - I attempted to PM you today because I'm hoping to take this build or one very similar to level 95+ while in Ambush. I do think a variation using Blood Rage = Frenzy Charge nodes would be awesome if I'm looking to drop Multistrike. You mention a build that uses BR but I don't see it listed anywhere on your post. I know other people created it but it'd be awesome if we could make this a centralized area for Dual Claw builds that are in relation to your's. Even if it's a link to the other post showing the build variations it'd be great.

I will more than likely make this my complete main and am prepared to dump a ridiculous amount of currency into this build. I've never, personally, seen a level 95+ dual claw character since Beta. So I'm hoping to be one of, if not, the first to do it.

I also plan on getting an Atziri kill while being pure melee. I don't know if anyone has achieved this yet on any server but I'm hoping to make it happen somehow. Probably going to take a lot of leech + dodging attacks, LOL!

Get in touch with me when you have the chance so I can pick at your brain a little in regards to this build and some other theories I have :-)

- DualClawFTW (Will name change once I'm level 80+ to my normal toon name Dralyne)

I'm leveling up a build similar to this now. (actually is a build based on this one, the one tha Kirielis made [check it out, he posted several times in this thread - the topic name is "dual claw are cool"] and some minor changes planned at endgame that will need testing).
I'm currently lvl 44 (just got to act 3 cruel) after solo-killing Vaal (evaded his smash 2/2 times he-he). I'm alredy using blood rage+frenzy charges and have DS supported by Multistrike+Melee splash+Blind.
Planing to do some testing later on to check the effectivness of powercharges (not using them yet, nead to craft gear for it) since we don't take many crit nodes (thats one of the possible endgame variants, the other I have in mind is taking block nodes to rise block from 37% to around 50%.
Btw contact me before starting to level up, have some of the claws I used while leveling up and planning to write a mini-guide to fast leveling claw build like this one.
Last edited by skyflash88 on Mar 25, 2014, 9:27:48 AM
you may wanna 20Q your second claw :P just sayin.
"
Xercyst wrote:
you may wanna 20Q your second claw :P just sayin.

Going to fix it straight away ..Hahahaha so embarrassing !!! and thanks for the heads up :)

UPDATE Well, that added another 1 k of damage, awesome !!
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 25, 2014, 2:37:17 PM
got to lvl 60, 8.3k dps with hatred, 6.3 unbuffed with 4l(melee phys, splash and multi) with 2x claws that have a bit over 200pdps (218 and 207 if i remember correctly) for new players some ~190 dps lvl 55 claws could be good. i paid 5c and 10c for mine and those below 200dps should be much cheaper, ~250dps ones are over ex, and there isnt many better higher lvl options on the market atm

unless you are running with some trash claws the single target 4l isnt needed, aoe does enough damage, easier to gear when you dont need 2x 4l for attack skills. for lvling i use 3l for cast on damage taken, enduring + enfeeble, maybe + immortal if you have maxed resists, and 3l for reduced mana + hatred + purity(that i dont use cause im too lazy to take it from another character)

this is how the build looks atm on my character
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAA4cFtQ5ID6sbrR4aI_YmlSgqMFQwcTB8NJM6Qj1lSn1LeE4qUEJRR1PfVUtW-ljbWkhbr2HiY3BnoG1sbXtuaXBydEF31311fyuE2YTvh3aMNo19jb-SgJVmmVebg6IupzSqf6q4sbO1SLZBvqfGos3q037UI9aK3Q3dqN7253To1usU7UHuDu967-Pv8PzF_rr_kw==

with this build lack of resists doesnt seem to be a problem, did crematorium on merc easily with 19% fire resist + enduring on damage taken, dont try to kill crematorium vaal boss with resists like that though :D

just focus on weapons and life/mana leech(some 2% mana leech in adition to that node is really nice), i havent changed most of my gear since normal difficulty :D

PS. dont try to attack bunch of phys reflect mobs when u have diamond shrine, i did pretty much 1hit myself through 29% life leech xD
Last edited by IDeeCee on Mar 25, 2014, 4:33:38 PM
IDeeCee : Cheers man, going up date my levelling section with your findings :)
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
IDeeCee : Cheers man, going up date my levelling section with your findings :)

you should also mention that whirling blades arent optional, if you dont want to die its a must

about Diary of IDEECEE' - i dont mind but i dont know how accurate it would be for ppl who dont have items i have

ill reply here for ppl who read whole thread not only 1st post

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

A) Did you manage to dual wield from the very start and was it easy ? ( Level 3+ )

i did dual wield from start, normal is easy + i had
but it should be doable with normal claws

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

B) What claws would you recommend to level from 1 to 20 and then 20 to 40 ? ( unique or just random rare ones )

the uniques i had were nice, i used 2 of them til lvl 49, then i switched to 1 rare that i had in my stash, at 55 i got

if you can afford them go for uniques, but Mortem Morsu is like 5c+ i just had it drop few days before i started playing claw, its easier than bothering with crafting/buying rares

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

C) What difficulty are you finding from levelling from point 40 to 60 ?

for me it was easy, a complete faceroll(though i didnt bother much with vaal areas), but i do have some uniques like
+ i have 3x lvl 50 and 1 lvl 69 so i have some experience and items to use

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

D) What would you consider the build weakness so far since I assume you have yet to
take up vaal pact ?

builds weaknesses are lack of resist nodes, so you ppl need to get it from items/auras, but there arent many easy to reach resist nodes near anyway so thats smth ppl will need to deal with

2nd RNG based defense, if you are luky its God Mode, if not, well you are running naked, i have like 50 armor atm so when i do get hit i get hit hard, that is why you will get 1hit, instagibbed and the reason whirling blades are a must - you need to gtfo asap if you get few large hits in a row, it helps to steal some life and get out of danger so u can kite while you drink a pot, or attack some other monsters to leech back. not so much in normal/cruel but for merc its important. mobility is one of your defenses, you cant facetank everything(though you can most of the stuff if you kill them fast enough) hit and run tactics are good for hard encounters, large mob masses, aoes(like those eyes that blind u) gas clouds, dodge projectiles etc.

it also reduces time you are not attacking(and not leeching life) and it gets addictive for movement :D

in summary - easy and simple build but does require general gaming knowledge/skill

i dont have vaal pact (7 points away), i wouldnt suggest rushing it its end game skill, and even then i dont think its for all builds but claws is one of those builds that can use it cause of of leech from nodes/weapons

PS. you should get some video for this build, it helps understand how it looks while playing, but i cant help with that, old pc and no exp with videos
Last edited by IDeeCee on Mar 25, 2014, 7:01:28 PM
Dualwielded from the beginning, Melee Splash + Multistrike (Quest Reward + Drop in Act 2 Normal) at Lvl 19.
Now Lvl 40 with 1,4k dps in 4l armor - 1 slot is for Item Rarity so it can even go higher.

Normal was a joke and cruel act 2 is a joke too ..... I destroy everything.
Resistance is a big problem, Purity aura is a must have but getting capped resists in merci will be very hard I guess.

Don't try to go Claw from the beginning - every weapon that increases your DPS is better, I switch my weapon every 1-3 levels if they get me more damage. I care for leech later, you can facetank everything in Norm + Cruel without it. Brutus / Kole / Piety / Dominus died in seconds.
Hatred is god mode btw.

Items:
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Mar 26, 2014, 12:14:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info