[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

Just finished the game for the first time with this build! Everything went super smooth. Only died 2-3 times through the whole thing. Here's everything I finished with:

Spoiler
I finished at level 39, 278.2 DPS, 899 HP and 309 Mana.
My general rotation was Fire Trap, Whirling Blades, then Dual Strike spam. I kept Hatred up at all times (except for last boss I used Clarity) and I used Vaal Fireball for big packs.

Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABbUOSA-rHhomlSgqMFQwcTB8OkI9ZUt4UEJRR1VLYeJte3fXfyuH24w2jX2Nv5KAmVeiLqZ_pzSqf6q4rs-xs7VIxqLN6tQj1ordqN7253To1uuO7UH_kw==

Please note that I did not buy anything and everything that I have, I got from drops.

Hope this helps anyone else leveling with this build! I'll try to post again when I finish Cruel

(Thanks mandodiao for telling me how to link items)
Last edited by Knarley on Jun 20, 2014, 2:09:50 AM
I've been experimenting with this rather awesome build and I have some comments upon which I would like to solicit feedback:

Once I got my carcass jack on, the two benefits to AoE seemed almost lost on the dual-strike splash damage alone. Rather than dual-srike + melee splash, I tried reave + concentrated effect and I noticed two things:

1) The damage area effected does start a bit smaller, but since I left multi-strike in, the reaving area exceeds the splash range within the first half a second.

2) The damage is around a quarter higher and more things are dead farther away from me than with dual-strike and melee splash.

Now, I'm only lvl 72 and my reave, multistrike, melee physical dmg are lvl 18 and my concentrated effect is lvl 17, none with quality, but tooltip dps on dual strike / splash is near 20k simply swapping dual strike for reave, and melee splash for concentrated effect, leaving everything else in the link the same, tooltip dps goes to 24k and you have an open red socket where multistrike used to be. ( I farm with melee damage on full life, and switch to added fire damage for real work where I'm less likely to be full health all the time).

3) When surrounded by melee hackers with pesky archers or mages who stay safely just out of my reave range, rather than flicker to them and reset the increasing AoE range, I keep 3 Vaal Reaves so that at least one of them is always full. It's like instantly doubling the range -- something you just can't do with dual strike. And the reave range count does stay at 16 when you go back to regular reaving. The wiki is accurate on that -- normal reave won't go over 8, but it can sustain any value, ala the 15/16 granted by vaal reave.

I used to reave mobs and then switch to dual strike when 3 or 4 of em reached me, but now I've discarded dual strike completely and I reave the crap out of everybody.

To see what I'm talking about, Take a tabula rasa and put in dual strike, multistrike, melee physical damage, melee splash (which only benefits dual strike), reave, and concentrated effect (which benefits all of reave, benefits just the splash of dual-strike but, in practice, would make its AoE range too low to be practical) and just look at the tooltip dps. My reave shows about 6% higher dps and this is without the AoE and damage benefit of the carcass jack (which barely benefits dual strike's much lower splash damage).
Now, take out concentrated effect and see the reave dps drop, while the dual-strike dps does not change. Take out multi-strike and see the dual strike dps jump while the reave dps does not change.
I tested this out in the ebony barracks, where I can easily get surrounded by meleers flanked by those out-of-splash range lightning mages and not only are the mages in reave range with the handy-dandy vaal reave range extension, but I'm hitting so many of them with a bloodseeker paw on one hand and +10% carnage heart amulet that my health only occasionally flashes below full. so much so that I put a melee damage on full life in that red socket where splash used to be. Now everybody just explodes after the first second. I still laugh watching it.

So, has anybody else tried it this way? I love to hear any feedback, especially those who can rile my stupidity by pointing out something I don't see that makes this impractical at higher levels or for all-the-time, singular use.

P.S. Oh, and as far as meat shields go, nothing seems to beat the 30+ instant army provided by Vaal Summon Skeletons. I call that my 'King of Gondor' spell :).
For your bandit choices you said two for cruel. which one should i choose?
"
I've been experimenting with this rather awesome build and I have some comments upon which I would like to solicit feedback:

Once I got my carcass jack on, the two benefits to AoE seemed almost lost on the dual-strike splash damage alone. Rather than dual-srike + melee splash, I tried reave + concentrated effect and I noticed two things:

Sorry to say I have no idea since i don't know much about reave :(

I do recall when I used to use concerntrate effect for my dual strike there wasn't much
change since it only effected the AOE and critical damage gem overall did much more
damage.

I would assume if you are going for reave it would be wiser just to use one hand claw
and a shield since you do not benefit that much from dual striking and 'in theory'
it should do less damage since it is a one handed skill.
"
MiniManz wrote:
For your bandit choices you said two for cruel. which one should i choose?

I would go for phyiscal damage myself.
Hey guys.. I would appreciate if anyone had a good abyssus that they can sell for cheap

I am not a rich player since I have heavily invested in this build ( experimenting and what not )

At the moment I am levelling though from 90 to 91 and I fear with the abyssus I have got already i might die due to the high damage taken. (49% )

Let me know if anyone can help out !!! THANKS !!

UPDATE : Don't worry about it just got one which is pretty sweet :)
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jun 22, 2014, 6:48:41 PM

enjoy this hero very much
currently 25k dps with not maxed gems (recently made 20lvl and made 20q)
~250pdps claws (cost 25c and 5c - very nice)
the only future problem i see is hp (3k right now)
but there are still 6 nodes on hp, so maybe ill do it 4k without carnage heart
using hatred + clarity because manacost is too high right now
also im working with carcass jack, 1500+ fusings, still no luck with it, this chest is accursed and broken :(
still need to change every gear after or if i ever 6l carcass

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYB3AOHBbUMjQ1JDkgV9ha_G60eGiP2JpUoKio4MFQwcTB8NJM6QkBVR35KfUt4TipRR1PfVUtW-ljbWkhbr2EhYeJieWNwZU1noG17bmlvV3BScHJ0QXfXeA1_K4TZhO-HdofbjDaNfY2_lWaZV5uDpn-nNKluqn-quK7PsbO0xbVItkG-ir6nwFHEuMai0O7TftQj1ordDd2o3vbi6uOE53To1usU647tQe4O73rv4-_w8-r3o_zF_5M=
Last edited by oscodo on Jun 24, 2014, 1:00:12 PM
ninedeadeyes, Thank you for this build! It's really awesome. This is my second build. The first was fire witch and I was too weak.
Verry good guide, big up and thanks for your effort! But why not one handed with Reave, something like this instead? http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4EsQW1CC4MjQ1JDkgPqxPAFSAZjhrbG60j9iaVKk0s6TBxMHwxeziWOkI9ZT3iPydAVUjuSn1KyEt4TGBQQlFHVUtW-lpIYeJirGegapVsFm1sbXtvV3RBd9d4rn8rg9uHdoo4jDaNfY2_kAqSgJVmm42dqqIuozqnNKp_qrisR7GztMW1SLcXt9PGos3qznHTftQj1orWndfL3Q3dqN7253To1uss7UHtg-4O7_D8S_zF You will have a much lesser chance to get hit. When I try to plan my build I find it more easy and cheap to gear up a functional build like this, I think.
Last edited by b0ris_ on Jun 25, 2014, 10:47:20 AM
"

enjoy this hero very much
currently 25k dps with not maxed gems (recently made 20lvl and made 20q)
~250pdps claws (cost 25c and 5c - very nice)
the only future problem i see is hp (3k right now)
but there are still 6 nodes on hp, so maybe ill do it 4k without carnage heart
using hatred + clarity because manacost is too high right now
also im working with carcass jack, 1500+ fusings, still no luck with it, this chest is accursed and broken :(
still need to change every gear after or if i ever 6l carcass

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYB3AOHBbUMjQ1JDkgV9ha_G60eGiP2JpUoKio4MFQwcTB8NJM6QkBVR35KfUt4TipRR1PfVUtW-ljbWkhbr2EhYeJieWNwZU1noG17bmlvV3BScHJ0QXfXeA1_K4TZhO-HdofbjDaNfY2_lWaZV5uDpn-nNKluqn-quK7PsbO0xbVItkG-ir6nwFHEuMai0O7TftQj1ordDd2o3vbi6uOE53To1usU647tQe4O73rv4-_w8-r3o_zF_5M=

Sorry to hear your lack of luck in the lottery. Why isn't it possible to buy linking from the vendors? My character is a warrior not a blacksmith! It's really enough RNG with the drops. These lotteries with currency is awful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info