Is EK gonna get nerfed or not?

"
several people posted that ggg said themselves they are going to nerf Ethereal Knives build. its like the fotm build right now, everyone is rolling it cause it clears maps the fastest

so is EK gonna get nerfed or not? need definitive answer

yeah ban players also...

people MUST stop asking to nerf things cause they are effective....if GGG want build diversity must make everything valid....not nerf the valid skills....i fed up reading nerf EK/LA/Ground slam...in the end as you guys things they must nerf everything that is popular and effective...give me a break
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself
People's perception of what needs to be nerfed and what doesn't really surprises me sometimes.

I've seen in chat the two following, very polarised opinions:

1)"GGG needs to stop nerfing everything, don't they know this game is all about being OP!?"
2)"Any build that is more effective than others is OP, nerf please."

I make my best 'wtf' face at both of these sentiments.

Have folks forgotten that inequality is not only inevitable, it's part of what makes a game tick? Or that 'being OP' is far from what the game is 'all about'?

...Personally I am just sad that I've allowed myself to become so corrupted by the community that I even use the pathetic acronym for 'overpowered' 'OP' in the first place.

Ethereal Knives was spectacularly weak when it was first introduced in Closed Beta. You only need to look here to see that. A few industrious players found ways to make it work, but Fork was really the turning point. That and realising that Faster Projectiles dramatically increased its range.

I'm figuring people combine it with Iron Will, as well.

And suddenly people are calling it overpowered.

Like I said on page one: amazing.

There is no confirmed or announced nerf of Ethereal Knives at this point. I'd tell you to read my lips but I'm typing, so the dramatic effect would be lost. Read my words instead.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 5, 2013, 5:59:33 PM
Funny.

The only reason I like it is because of how insanely hard it can crit for. However, reflect mobs can be..... tricky.

I actually dont use fork or chain on this skill for 2 reasons.

One, is I like it for both single target and AoE.

Two, the INSANE mana costs.

EDIT: As a side note, this skill is not OP in any way shape or form.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Mar 5, 2013, 6:13:30 PM
I have a EK character.

EK itself is fine. Chain makes it crazy. When Chain no longer refreshes the range of projectiles, I'm going to be a happy bunny for a few reasons...

Make EK with Chain less nuts.
Make Ice Spear with Chain more nuts.

EK is still a solid skill supported the right way without Chain. It also has good AoE damage without Chain but most players don't get the wands with high amount of Faster Projectiles and use Faster Projectiles support gem. I know how much % I need to hit on screen, and I don't need Faster Projectiles support, just two wands with at least 35% projectiles speed on each. Chain would refresh the range and destroy the whole screen. It was the one reason I felt it competed with other spells even tho' the cast speed is painful. Prior to its last buff, I would have preferred a cast speed increase than a damage increase, but nevermind.

Should EK be buffed slightly again? Eh, I dunno. I know it's flavour of the month as I've been seeing some wands go for crazy cash, wish I didn't make the build at this time. With a few uniques, the damage can be obscene but making a EK build requires more work than other spell builds IMO.
"
YellowMage wrote:
I have a EK character.

EK itself is fine. Chain makes it crazy. When Chain no longer refreshes the range of projectiles, I'm going to be a happy bunny for a few reasons...

Make EK with Chain less nuts.
Make Ice Spear with Chain more nuts.

EK is still a solid skill supported the right way without Chain. It also has good AoE damage without Chain but most players don't get the wands with high amount of Faster Projectiles and use Faster Projectiles support gem. I know how much % I need to hit on screen, and I don't need Faster Projectiles support, just two wands with at least 35% projectiles speed on each. Chain would refresh the range and destroy the whole screen. It was the one reason I felt it competed with other spells even tho' the cast speed is painful. Prior to its last buff, I would have preferred a cast speed increase than a damage increase, but nevermind.

Should EK be buffed slightly again? Eh, I dunno. I know it's flavour of the month as I've been seeing some wands go for crazy cash, wish I didn't make the build at this time. With a few uniques, the damage can be obscene but making a EK build requires more work than other spell builds IMO.

I like all of this.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info