Is EK gonna get nerfed or not?

"
Completed 12 ChallengesSecksy wrote:
guys..he JUST said if a spell is underpowered after the change it will be buffed.

plus this is a buff for ice spear as far as I can tell.


Ice spear is weak anyways. Sub par 200 damage compared to 500 EKs
For all those who say fork/chain will be useless for spells as EK - you just have to adjust your build: the projectile has to travel as far as possible in its life time, so projectile speed will be one of the most important part of EK builds (support gem + if possible proj speed nodes...)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
Kabraxis wrote:
Agreed with Astasia. IF projectiles will not reset at all and the range will be same as the spell initial range the gems like fork/chain will be waste of mana nothing more.

Maybe something like:

FORK: created projectiles travel 25% slower than original and have 50% reduced range
CHAIN: First chain: 25%slower/25%reduced range // second chain: 33%slower/75% reduced range

this will be IMHO acceptable mechanic nerf.

And my 2 cents to GGG: dont reelase broken/unbalanced skill gems only for nerfing them to the ground in next patches after pll get used t them and love them. It suxx. Nerfs suxx.

Overall instead nerfing mechanics you should buff another skills because sa mony of then sucks so much compared to best ones.



Are you joking?


You are on one hand suggesting to nerf Fork and Chain and on the other hand are arguing that nerfing suxx. That's silly. Especially if you consider that nerfing fork and chain has a HUGE impact on other skills, like anything with wands and bows for example.

Sure i want arrows that are 33% slower because you say so.

By the way they are nerfing nothing here, they are FIXING broken mechanics.
"
Completed 21 Challengesrenroval wrote:
Ice spear is weak anyways. Sub par 200 damage compared to 500 EKs


Ice Spear has its uses, you just have to REALLY milk the critical strikes for all they're worth.
"
"
Completed 21 Challengesrenroval wrote:
Ice spear is weak anyways. Sub par 200 damage compared to 500 EKs


Ice Spear has its uses, you just have to REALLY milk the critical strikes for all they're worth.


exactly, and it will now be in second form after fork/chain = uber crits.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
"
Completed 12 ChallengesSecksy wrote:
guys..he JUST said if a spell is underpowered after the change it will be buffed.

plus this is a buff for ice spear as far as I can tell.


Absolutely, I might even start using fork on my Ice Spears if this change goes live. :)
What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
"
"
Kabraxis wrote:
Agreed with Astasia. IF projectiles will not reset at all and the range will be same as the spell initial range the gems like fork/chain will be waste of mana nothing more.

Maybe something like:

FORK: created projectiles travel 25% slower than original and have 50% reduced range
CHAIN: First chain: 25%slower/25%reduced range // second chain: 33%slower/75% reduced range

this will be IMHO acceptable mechanic nerf.

And my 2 cents to GGG: dont reelase broken/unbalanced skill gems only for nerfing them to the ground in next patches after pll get used t them and love them. It suxx. Nerfs suxx.

Overall instead nerfing mechanics you should buff another skills because sa mony of then sucks so much compared to best ones.



Are you joking?


You are on one hand suggesting to nerf Fork and Chain and on the other hand are arguing that nerfing suxx. That's silly. Especially if you consider that nerfing fork and chain has a HUGE impact on other skills, like anything with wands and bows for example.

Sure i want arrows that are 33% slower because you say so.

By the way they are nerfing nothing here, they are FIXING broken mechanics.


You are so stupid that i even dont know where to start.
Enjoy you not nerfed but fixed mechanic lol.
"
Kabraxis wrote:
"
"
Kabraxis wrote:
Agreed with Astasia. IF projectiles will not reset at all and the range will be same as the spell initial range the gems like fork/chain will be waste of mana nothing more.

Maybe something like:

FORK: created projectiles travel 25% slower than original and have 50% reduced range
CHAIN: First chain: 25%slower/25%reduced range // second chain: 33%slower/75% reduced range

this will be IMHO acceptable mechanic nerf.

And my 2 cents to GGG: dont reelase broken/unbalanced skill gems only for nerfing them to the ground in next patches after pll get used t them and love them. It suxx. Nerfs suxx.

Overall instead nerfing mechanics you should buff another skills because sa mony of then sucks so much compared to best ones.



Are you joking?


You are on one hand suggesting to nerf Fork and Chain and on the other hand are arguing that nerfing suxx. That's silly. Especially if you consider that nerfing fork and chain has a HUGE impact on other skills, like anything with wands and bows for example.

Sure i want arrows that are 33% slower because you say so.

By the way they are nerfing nothing here, they are FIXING broken mechanics.


You are so stupid that i even dont know where to start.
Enjoy you not nerfed but fixed mechanic lol.


You don't know where to start because you don't want to admit that he is right.

Devs said right when Chain and Fork release during CB that the mechanic needed to be fixed with projectile life so yes indeed they are still working on fixing a broken mechanic.

This will make it work much better with Ice spear, not brake bow skills at all and some other builds might need to get some projectile speed so the projectile travels further.

It sounds very reasonable and like how it should work and again EK is a good spell but nowhere near broken and will be quite fine even after this chain and fork fix.
Nvm - I misunderstood.
Last edited by darkjoy on Jan 31, 2013 6:30:23 PM
"
Completed 12 ChallengesKinne wrote:
not brake bow skills at all


I'm pretty sure it will. Arrow skills have a range which is most likely also a "duration" and skills like Lightning Arrow can barely make it to the edge of the screen while Poison Arrow can't even. Imagine trying to fire those at max range, it hits the first target then just stops because there's not enough duration to carry it to any other enemies, even if they are closer to you or at the same range. The projectile speed gem would become mandatory for every fork/chain situation and even then that 50% longer range on the shots wont come close to matching the current effectiveness of fork/chain skills because the zig-zag trajectories you see these shots taking now are deceptively long.

They didn't say they would buff "skills" if needed after the change, they only mentioned EK, but there's not really any way to "fix" arrow skills and spells after this change happens without reverting it. They can't provide a blanket buff to projectile duration because then people would be hitting things way off screen, and adding projectile speed or duration to fork or chain would just end up canceling out this nerf. They can boost the damage to make up for hitting much less targets with each shot, but that doesn't address the fun factor that is also being nerfed, watching your shots propagate all over the screen in an epic chain reaction is something that is going to be lost to us.
Last edited by Astasia on Jan 31, 2013 6:44:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info