Is EK gonna get nerfed or not?

"
Astasia wrote:

They can boost the damage to make up for hitting much less targets with each shot, but that doesn't address the fun factor that is also being nerfed, watching your shots propagate all over the screen in an epic chain reaction is something that is going to be lost to us.

A proper nerf for an overpowered mechanic. People are not playing this game to watch sparky/funny chain reactions...
Last edited by Sanguinej3s3 on Feb 2, 2013, 11:00:53 AM
"
Sanguinej3s3 wrote:
"
Astasia wrote:

They can boost the damage to make up for hitting much less targets with each shot, but that doesn't address the fun factor that is also being nerfed, watching your shots propagate all over the screen in an epic chain reaction is something that is going to be lost to us.

A proper nerf for an overpowered mechanic. People are not playing this game to watch sparky/funny chain reactions...

I agree and this also brings down ranged characters life span to be on par with melee.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
I have been trying for a 6 link since a week after release in order to get chain or fork on my EK. Guess I'll reroll as there is nothing else my character can gain in the game.
ign MacGyver
EK is far from op...

LA however, is op.
"
Archfiend wrote:
Everyone is rolling it because it looks awesome.

It sounds awesome too. A really cool shromp-shromp-shromp. Much better than the woosh-woosh-woosh of freezing pulse.
You don't really need Chain or Fork to optimize EK.

As long as you have some Faster Projectile mods, the raw damage is still very good with proficient distance to work with. The 10 projectiles is plenty enough AoE.
They say I'm an astronaut that laughs a lot.
Afterall, EK is meant to be a mid-ranged skill. The mana cost multiplier from Fork/Chain verses the distance gained isn't worth it, imo. Biggest benefit from using those support gems is you're less likely to 1 shot yourself against Physical reflect.

If GGG end up buffing EK to compensate the Chain/Fork projectile timer, I'd be happy.
They say I'm an astronaut that laughs a lot.
"
Charan wrote:
EK. Nerfed.

I never thought I'd see those two words together. Amazing.
oh cmn.. and just when i started getting into my forked ek caster.

whatever, i just hope it wont suck or that il need to make drastic changes just to make build work somewhat
A stranger like no otherther,
Faced the wall of the Umbra,

@Yastro
How this affects Ice Spears is the real news here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info