[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

Hi.

Trying this out even though I don't think it has been officially updated for 2.3.x, but just curious how you're generating endurance charges with the standard set of gear you have listed? Doesn't seem like there are any EC sources.

If that's the case, what's the point of Immortal Call? Does the buff proc with its base duration even without any endurance charges?

Thanks.
Strength and Honor,
Phatboi
"
asmox wrote:
Hi.

Trying this out even though I don't think it has been officially updated for 2.3.x, but just curious how you're generating endurance charges with the standard set of gear you have listed? Doesn't seem like there are any EC sources.

If that's the case, what's the point of Immortal Call? Does the buff proc with its base duration even without any endurance charges?

Thanks.

You won't get endurance charges until you find a Daresso's Defiance. You can use Enduring Cry but GGG nerfed the shit out of that and IC over the years. IC is still decent though...the brief moment of physical damage immunity can give you enough time to take another hit, leap out of the way, etc.

As you mentioned and I confirmed, you can get the IC buff without endurance charges. The charges just increase the duration of IC. Increased Duration is also very useful to run with IC for all of the reasons discussed here.

Sorry for the delay...still playing The Division
I need to know why would one even bother to stack the evasion stat if one does not benefit from it directly. I understand that Iron Reflexes converts all evasion to Armour which is one way that the passive skill keeps you from being able to evade attacks, and the other way would be through Unwavering Stance. So my thought is: why even bother having any evasion on your gear when you can just stack armour. Unless, one would do so purely for the fact that it runs evenly when comparing to pure armour gear with the primary means to make it easier to roll green sockets into ones gear. Please let me know your thoughts in this matter.
"
Rotativo94 wrote:
I need to know why would one even bother to stack the evasion stat if one does not benefit from it directly. I understand that Iron Reflexes converts all evasion to Armour which is one way that the passive skill keeps you from being able to evade attacks, and the other way would be through Unwavering Stance. So my thought is: why even bother having any evasion on your gear when you can just stack armour. Unless, one would do so purely for the fact that it runs evenly when comparing to pure armour gear with the primary means to make it easier to roll green sockets into ones gear. Please let me know your thoughts in this matter.

You are correct that coming from the standpoint of physical damage reduction, it doesn't matter which one you choose.

Your assumption is also correct that coming from the perspective of socket colors, it can make things easier for some people.

There is another asinine detail as well: if you use a Jade Flask you will get a separate benefit from a Granite Flask, allowing you to use both at the same time and crank up the physical damage reduction.

Also, while leveling, I generally take IR and US at the same time and until you do that, at lower levels, having some of both stats help.
Nice build, i will try it after reset :)
Hi!

Thank you for this build.

Have you ever consider to play it as a Marauder Juggernauth? I'd like to try the Unrelenting passive. If I can stack enough Chaos res, maybe with the (excellent) Death's Oath armor:

(a lot of armour with the Unbreakable passive from the Juggernauth tree)

With this tree:
www.poeurl.com/JS3

It switches Frenzy for Endurance charges. Less attack speed but more damage. What do you think? Is there any contradiction with your build core, or is it worth a try?

Another question: how do you subtain the blood rage life debuff? I don't see any chaos res on your stuff.

Thank you for your time!
Last edited by Silvos07 on Aug 28, 2016, 6:01:42 AM
"
Silvos07 wrote:
Hi!

Thank you for this build.

Have you ever consider to play it as a Marauder Juggernauth? I'd like to try the Unrelenting passive. If I can stack enough Chaos res, maybe with the (excellent) Death's Oath armor:

(a lot of armour with the Unbreakable passive from the Juggernauth tree)

With this tree:
www.poeurl.com/JS3

It switches Frenzy for Endurance charges. Less attack speed but more damage. What do you think? Is there any contradiction with your build core, or is it worth a try?

Another question: how do you subtain the blood rage life debuff? I don't see any chaos res on your stuff.

Thank you for your time!

I think it's definitely worth trying out. The synergy seems good in terms of defense-stacking and the nature of the build really allows you to use any 2H weapon type that you want. You would just have to find ways to keep your accuracy rating up (or you could go for resolute technique if you found a solid mace).

As for Blood Rage, you just need to get more than 4% life regen. It does physical damage to you...not chaos damage...but it doesn't really matter. It's 4% of your life...so just get more than 4% life regen on the tree or get close to it and deal with the slight degen. The vast majority of players running this build can rip through content fast enough and/or leeching that there is no problem with the degen or lack of a regen.
"
You would just have to find ways to keep your accuracy rating up (or you could go for resolute technique if you found a solid mace).

Undeniable from the Ascendancy passive tree gives +1000 to accuracy rating. I usually play spell character, but I think it will do the job.

"
As for Blood Rage, you just need to get more than 4% life regen.

Ok I though it was more. But I won't play Frenzy charge and I'm gonna try the "Endurance charge" version. Or maybe hybrid? I'll see in the next season.

Thanks!
"
Silvos07 wrote:
"
You would just have to find ways to keep your accuracy rating up (or you could go for resolute technique if you found a solid mace).

Undeniable from the Ascendancy passive tree gives +1000 to accuracy rating. I usually play spell character, but I think it will do the job.

"
As for Blood Rage, you just need to get more than 4% life regen.

Ok I though it was more. But I won't play Frenzy charge and I'm gonna try the "Endurance charge" version. Or maybe hybrid? I'll see in the next season.

Thanks!

True, 1000 Accuracy Rating is a lot, but again, by going Marauder you might not have nearly as many DEX nodes and if you don't use a sword, you miss out on the implicit accuracy rating boost. Let me know how it goes though.

Yeah, respec isn't terrible on this build at all. Plus it levels quickly and if you needed a 2nd go at it you would probably have a ton of leveling gear at that point.

Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info