[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

Hi OP, I'm totally new to the game (I rushed a Ranger up to act 3 as Scion was much more appealing to me) and finding your guide has helped a lot.

I'm currently lvl 19 and having fun slicing and leaping my way through enemies. My gear is probably terrible, but after wasting some currencies tinkering with it I'll probably take your advice from now on and use whatever I can find till later.

Q: I'm currently relying on flasks to keep mana up in bigger fights; should I resist the temptation to pick up something like Thrill Killer (4 points down from Harrier) on the passive tree? It feels like it might be a long time before I get any good build-specific or mana-leeching gear.

Thanks for the great guide!
"
GreyerSkies wrote:
Hi OP, I'm totally new to the game (I rushed a Ranger up to act 3 as Scion was much more appealing to me) and finding your guide has helped a lot.

I'm currently lvl 19 and having fun slicing and leaping my way through enemies. My gear is probably terrible, but after wasting some currencies tinkering with it I'll probably take your advice from now on and use whatever I can find till later.

Q: I'm currently relying on flasks to keep mana up in bigger fights; should I resist the temptation to pick up something like Thrill Killer (4 points down from Harrier) on the passive tree? It feels like it might be a long time before I get any good build-specific or mana-leeching gear.

Thanks for the great guide!

Thanks for the high five!

For mana, in general, you should use a grand mana flask if you need one at all. The 10-second delivery is excellent and will align well with your expenditure rate. You can also pick up a Wurm's Molt unique leather belt very cheaply and I would do that too.

Those two things usually hold me over until I'm doing enough physical damage per hit to leech enough mana back. Look for leech on jewelry or gloves if you need more help with that too.

Again (you said it too)...push yourself to not spend money on gear now if you can help it. However, some good leveling gear, like the aforementioned belt, is cheap and can be used until very high level if need be.

Good luck!
hello,
first of all thx for build. it works fine for me but I've a big problem. I cannot reach poeplanner. Therefore I cannot see the passive skills. It happens suddenly. Just I've this problem or the others have the same? Lastly, can u upload the passive skills tree to other websites :/
^^ Agreed, I'd like to start rolling this guy, always loved ST builds.. anyone able to create a current passive tree to view?
Hey guys, the forum hasn't been working well for me at work here but I will upload a skill tree link or reallocate points on one of my standard characters soon. Perhaps in about 4 hours or so. Stand by.
However, if you are just starting out, the first nodes I go for are:

Attack speed --> Harrier on the right side of the starting point

Then south to take the three resistance nodes. So take melee damage --> 3 res nodes --> Sentinel.

Next you would go left and take Berserking and then make your way down to the strength node below/between the +30 DEX and + 30 INT nodes. Then go right until you can grab Destroyer.

From there, go up and grab Master of the Arena and then go right to Art of the Gladiator, taking the lower path for the life nodes.

Hope that's a good enough start for now...
Hi Say_Ten, your build looks really fun and I wanna give it a try. One question though, which order should I pick the ascendancy notes?

Also, I recently started playing after some years. How much should I pay/offer for the unique belt (the one that makes leveling easier)? I have no idea about prices and what orbs to pay for what and all that :D

Heya Ten o/

Looked into the build and seems tons of fun. I love melee focused builds and ST so this is a match made in heaven for me.

A question which I'd appreciate if you could answer though. Would this build be possible with a Duelist character? If so, any tips on the best Ascension for it? Thanks in advance!
Both Champion or Slayer are very good options. Champion is a good choice, mainly for perma-Fortify and some additional buffs but I know everyone is loving Slayer for the culling strike on 20% life mechanic and the other buffs are really nice. If I were to choose, I would go Slayer.

The tree doesn't become that much different at all.
Was just worried that the Scion's Ascendancies were too important. Very well, thank you! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info