[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Pepito___ wrote:
Hi, i have a simple question : at the very beginning of the passive tree, why do you go for elemental resistance over projectile damage ? Wouldn't it be better to get that?
Thanks

a few of reasons:

1) this build is beginner friendly and ensures that everyone will have higher resistances and/or begin to understand the importance of them

2) you can get more damage out of the gear you would normally need resists on (gloves, jewelry)

3) when you start running higher tier maps, more resistances negate the elemental weakness curse
"
Supro wrote:
Hey using this build now and doing fairly well, kind of stuck now on what exactly to upgrade next to boost dps and life pool. I don't have a lot of currency left. Any help would be appreciated.

You're level 71? If you are having trouble with maps, you can grind the Dried Lake for at least another 4 levels before it becomes super annoying.

Your coral ring is better suited for a different build. Assuming your resists are capped and your mana situation is ok, find rings with life and physical damage. Your amulet is a great example of the life/phys damage combo.

You can probably buy a cheap belt upgrade. You can also master-craft something onto your helm (because why not). The damage bumps are going to come from leveling for passive nodes and getting a better weapon.

Don't worry too much about micro-managing your gear though until you're really stuck or level 85+.
Can i do this build with one handed and shield? :) thanks
"
jayy wrote:
Can i do this build with one handed and shield? :) thanks

Yes, there are a few guys who have tried it with success. I know it will take some time but you can search through the previous posts to see what they were doing.

I think the changes in the skill tree are mostly obvious though.

Let me know how you do!
First, off: This is my first post in the forum, and I am still quite the newbie in this game - but with quite some Dia2 and RPG experience. Then: I totally LOVE your build, the philosophy behind it, and absolutely enjoyed it till the end of Cruel so far.

However: It feels like you show quite an uncut gem, really. I started to realize it after I found a nice cape and a great (for the level; +100% phys) axe, and equipped it to my Scion. The first time she looked great with her equipment, btw: True generic Headsman style. And the axe projectile animation is far more aesthetically pleasing than throwing overdimensioned tooth picks, anyway. :D

And: None of the Ascendancy specializations really touched me; - the Slayer looks like a must to me here, but it is really a down toned version of "the real deal". The added two passives and 80 stat points feel equally meh.

So, I started over as a Duelist, which is quickly becoming my favorite class for now, -speedy, graceful brutality- , with the obvious goals of Slayer ascendancy with the perks Overwhelm, Bane of Legends, and obviously: Headsman. - Like you already mentioned a couple of times.

All three perks are really a perfect match to your build that address different issues: Headsman provides (via Onslaught) movement and attack speed, for hit and run tactics ( what your build is truly great at) , and basically a built-in "culling strike" . Bane of Legends helps, with diminishing results during character progession, a bit against bosses (as Headsman does), and gives quite some substantial leech. And Overwhelm is for us, our frenzy is technique, basically, as safety net, a full screen AoE stun with quite some duration. (Buffed, it might last for, say, 2 seconds. Per application, of course... :D )

The next task: Grabbing as many life/armor/evasion/resistance nodes as possibly, while taking as many useful notables as possible ,as well. "Stun mastery" gains quite a prominent role, as geographical and literal centerpiece of our beauty. Instead of grabbing "Constitution" in the centre, that we do not really need for us, "Tireless" for reduced mana upkeep (quite an issue for us) comes into consideration, as well. "Hatchet Master" seems a natural pick, being so close to "Iron Reflexes" . Sacrificed are, on the downside, quite some Jool sockets.

Raw data (Maxed out) :

Offense:
+650% Damage (Melee), +50% vs Boss/Rare type, +120% vs Low Life, +400% (?) Projectile Damage;
+ 225 (Dex) / +155% Accuracy
+105% IAS
30% Onslaught on Kill
-20% Enemy Stun Threshold (seems useful to expand further, via gear)
Always Stuns vs full life
+130% Stun Duration
+100% Stun Duration vs Full/Low Life
20% Chance to Double Stun Duration

Defense:
Cannot be Stunned
+115% Evasion ( converted to Armor)
+265% Armor
+155%/ +265 Life
7,5% Life Regeneration/ second
20% Overkill Damage as Leech

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAQBRxpV_TBqBGql900km0F0fLgpLhzn8i8aPmoeajvKkBXsZaeuUHt0U7u_1USe5FEhYE4yE0xZ_sGjZFLiYRfhMHcm-Lkdmy0FLXTteu8Y2zkOCZaXedw9iiIhVcCmJyAs-wd1PfyMz_ZIxFgB54IH8kHZfGVNR369Nl8_xti-p4TZn8uE73VOZfCmjWebh2qplJBsqScYkbyfFE38S96W4kNCjpgKtqQY1wxfU6Ucp1hjNuj46zpS2sGnMJtYUEcUIO8OMftAoNIhns108Smlrj5eExRxYSHGrjJ-ivDEgulGPC2DzLc-_grYvYNfdcvqYjWSpTXv0QxwO7ZDo_Vh

Alas: I tested both Ice Golem and Fire Golem so far. For my taste, Ice Golem seems more to the point, as he not only gives accuracy (what we like) and crit chance ( rather neglectable for us) , but makes a formidable and highly useful short term tank as well ( I dislike Perandus mobs :P) . While the Fire Golem does not seem to live any longer, but shoots fireballs instead of tanking.

TL;DR: The Scion "Valkyre" (as I would call her) with swords is in fact a rather addicting merciless axe-throwing Headsman. :D
haha...i enjoyed reading that

yes, you can play this as a duelist or even a ranger, technically, if you want to go for some more attack speed or marauder, if you want some more defense. based on ascendancy points i can see that making it worth your time.

as i mention in the original post, it really comes down to some minor preferences and also the best weapon you happen to have. clearly if you came across an 800pdps 2h mace, you would be using that godly instrument rather than a 400-500pdps anything else.

glad you are enjoying it!
What armor can i use ? I am now using armor with Energy Shield, is a good choice ?

Thank's
"

- Berserker class ascendancy node seems like it will be silly to not take

Not going to happen after the heavy nerf ... Assassin > Deadeye > Scion.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
Darkness90f wrote:
What armor can i use ? I am now using armor with Energy Shield, is a good choice ?

Thank's

In the guide I cover that. This isn't an ES build, so I would stay away from that unless you are having a tough time getting the right colors on sockets for your own custom skill setup.

Daresso's Defiance is a great unique armor for this build and in the past it hasn't been too expensive.
"
CommodoX wrote:
"

- Berserker class ascendancy node seems like it will be silly to not take

Not going to happen after the heavy nerf ... Assassin > Deadeye > Scion.

Have been out of the loop since 2.2 and will remove those notes. Bottom line is that the base build works well, even without the ascendancy points. The extra points help customize.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info