[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
oraclea wrote:
I have played this build for a week, reached level 84. It is very active and fun to play.
Firstly, I thought this build is a faceroll build, but is based on the kiting using the spectral throw.
I can clear normal and weak rare mobs with spectral throw quickly without double strike.
When I need to use double strike is for encountering rare or unique mobs that does not killed easily by spectral throw and also does not have very strong physical melee attacks(i.e. Colonnade, Orchard Boss, Crazy map unique bosses).
Defense structure of this build against physical damage only relies on armour rate, life leech, and maximum life. Struck by huge physical damage, armour rate is useless. And different from cyclone build which doesn't block also, this build uses double strike which makes difficult to evade strong attacks.
So when I encounter the boss which have strong melee physical attacks, I kite it with spectral throw for a long time(weak), or wait for the boss casting long delaying skills that I can hit and run, or just give up. This build cannot stand with strong attacks. So hit and run, evading is really essential. So It's fun. Small mistake will make my character instant death. Don't try to kill those crazy bosses. And take life nodes and items more than you've planned. Without that this build is excellent to play. Thanks for the guide.

how much life do you have?

getting an atziri's promise flask and popping that with other defensive flasks will let you faceroll a lot more content. IE: if you triple stack a good jade, granite and basalt flask, you will be very strong against physical attacks.

you also need to play around with the mechanics. focus on leech rate more if it keeps you alive. tons of options, but, as you have found, kiting with spectral throw is one of them.
physical mobs are easy a lot of my issues have been elemental issues even with max resist dk if my leech is to low or not also what are your idea on vaal pact and going towards the resist shock nodes which will give you up to 50% resist shock ailment with 3 nodes.

my current gear lf suggestion in changes thinking I may need better gloves

Spoiler
[/spoiler
"
Shadowice3 wrote:
physical mobs are easy a lot of my issues have been elemental issues even with max resist dk if my leech is to low or not also what are your idea on vaal pact and going towards the resist shock nodes which will give you up to 50% resist shock ailment with 3 nodes.

my current gear lf suggestion in changes thinking I may need better gloves

Spoiler
Thoughts on gear (to deal with eventually):

Get a better sword. Doomsower is the best combo of cheap and strong but you will want a better rare eventually.

Are you running more than two auras/heralds? Alpha's is a great helm but you are missing out on a lot of base life by using it.

You can get a better daresso's roll and try to 6L one while you continue to use the other.

Amulet has a good life roll but everything else is meh

Ming's heart is a decent DPS ring but you take a life penalty AND miss out on a life roll on top of it

Le heup has no negatives but again, missing out on life

Gloves - yes, you are correct...they are complete dog shit =D

Belt - good, but ANOTHER unique means another spot without life

Boots - get a good rare set. 30% MS, high life roll, etc.

Flasks - use a granite and a jade instead of double granite.

You didn't respond, but what is your life pool. I suspect it is too low with all of those unqiues on.

Also, you can experiment with vaal pact but the loss of life regen is usually annoying for blood rage use. however, you could even temporarily spec into it for tough bosses if you wanted to micromanage like that.
running hatred herald of ash and grace and life is 3414 and not using blood rage
Is Unwavering Stance worth taking? I think that if you have high HP you can invest the 3 skillpoints in something else.
Hi, i have a simple question : at the very beginning of the passive tree, why do you go for elemental resistance over projectile damage ? Wouldn't it be better to get that?
Thanks
Hey using this build now and doing fairly well, kind of stuck now on what exactly to upgrade next to boost dps and life pool. I don't have a lot of currency left. Any help would be appreciated.

3414 is really low man...i would try to make 4000 bare minimum, which is still crappy...that is definitely your problem
"
xxEdward wrote:
Is Unwavering Stance worth taking? I think that if you have high HP you can invest the 3 skillpoints in something else.

If you spec into a lot of life, by all means you could try it out...but because you are also taking iron reflexes and can't evade, you are wasting the EVA on your gear, assuming you have some hybrid pieces or even straight EVA pieces.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info