[2.2] Fyndel´s LL BM or Mana Spectralthrow - UPDATED FOR ASCENDANCY

Thank you! I've been wondering for a long time what that was!!

Okay, that makes it slightly better, let me just update then.

It would be 767 plus 30 = 3.9%

That makes the 48% dagger nodes with 20 multiplier a 6.1% increase in damage...

-----

That said, calculating out the advantages of witch vs scion, assuming witch with one dex item over int, it goes:

Witch:
54 spelldmg
20 elemental dmg
4% mana
52 int
20 mana

Scion:
48% dagger phys
20 crit multiplier
6% es
78% evasion
8% elemental resistance

The damage increase at top gear levels of 48% dagger physical damage and 20% crit multiplier is around 6.1%.

The damage increase at top gear levels with 54 spelldamage and 20 elemental damage is around 15%.

The ES is actually better in the witch build due to 50 int > 6% es.

You can remove one 16% spell damage node from witch to grab conduit to make it fair, leaving you at a 12% increase in damage. So witch wins damage and ES. It's the better build from what i can tell.

I didn't do all calculations to perfection, some number used may be very very slightly off, or understated to advantage of scion, nothing that will change the result. Try calculating your total phys increases and elemental increases, then see if i overlooked something when calculating advantages with witch vs scion(remember 20% sd from power charges), if you get exactly the same as me then witch does around:

112/106.1 = 5.56% more damage and has just a little bit more es and mana, not as much evasion though but it's entirely not needed in my experience, and scion has 8% more elemental resistance.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 10, 2014, 2:53:01 PM
I'm eager to see some more stats with the Witch version with higher-end gear than what I have. I'm going through the different specs and the Witch and Scion versions are coming out to be within 100 DPS of each other for me (with the Witch version having ~500 more ES). My gear is far from optimized, so it's going to be skewed for me.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
That's simply not true. Before 20% mutiplier points you have 777, adding another 20 increases your damage by 797/777 = 2.57%

Spelldamage nodes, well let's assume your build, there is a 360% multiplier for physical, and 468% multiplier for elemental. 360-468 = 108. So your real multiplier given weight of physical damage vs elemental, based on your picture in non-snapshot es boots es shield, is: 360 + 108* 0.81 = 447.

Therefore, 1% increased spell damage increases your damage by 777/447-1 = 73% more than 1% crit multiplier. SD is 1.73 times better than multiplier at your gear level with your build, before dagger nodes. That is also why the adder's touch nodes aren't that strong. I do believe the character pane could be wrong and your actual crit multiplier is a bit lower but haven't looked into it, at least SD be 1.5 times better still if that was the case.

spell dmg is only increase and not more but i have to switch to the spelll dmg nodes anyways when someone crafts the spell dmg tyranical dagger
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Last edited by Fyndel on Jul 10, 2014, 10:08:16 PM
Hey dude! I'm in one hell of a fuck up here... I got either a 90 Scion or 88 Ranger to do the build with. Got 6l Shav, Coe, Auxium, 3rd gen Rainbowstride or rare Es boots (i dont have the +1 lioneye), Maligaro (i dont have the Acuity).

I'm trying to figure out, of all the low lifw crit ST build, which to do. As of now, my Shav has RRGGGB (idk if i should respec to RRGGBB to run PCOC on it or do my pcoc on an other slot), should I get RRGGBB to run PCOC ?

And then, what would you recommend me doing? There is plenty of tree, the closest I saw to my reality (no snapshot) was as Ranger with Acuity (which is not my case :( ) so, help? Which tree, aura set up plzzzz :)
"
Larenak wrote:
Hey dude! I'm in one hell of a fuck up here... I got either a 90 Scion or 88 Ranger to do the build with. Got 6l Shav, Coe, Auxium, 3rd gen Rainbowstride or rare Es boots (i dont have the +1 lioneye), Maligaro (i dont have the Acuity).

I'm trying to figure out, of all the low lifw crit ST build, which to do. As of now, my Shav has RRGGGB (idk if i should respec to RRGGBB to run PCOC on it or do my pcoc on an other slot), should I get RRGGBB to run PCOC ?

And then, what would you recommend me doing? There is plenty of tree, the closest I saw to my reality (no snapshot) was as Ranger with Acuity (which is not my case :( ) so, help? Which tree, aura set up plzzzz :)
you wanna play scion or ranger , + link your dagger
Every Class 100
"
"
Larenak wrote:

Oh god, my dagger
, like haven't looked at it for months. I do have some currency to spend (not enough for acuity sadly)
"
Larenak wrote:
"
"
Larenak wrote:

Oh god, my dagger
, like haven't looked at it for months. I do have some currency to spend (not enough for acuity sadly)
are you sure you wanna do this build? best would be 3g1r2b shavs but with yourdagger i am not even sure if you can sustain without lifeleech gem and you would have to use the bad vaalpact meaning even less leech sounds terrible , there are 2 things you can do get acuitys somehow maybe a corrupted pair for like 50ex or get a mirrored weapon
Every Class 100
Well, I don't mind going life leech on my Shav and using vaal pact, I know it's less dps but I guess I can still do atziri?

Only 2 pair of corrupted acuity's on xyz (85 ex and 110 ex lol..) If there is pair at 50 ex, yeah id be close (must sell a 6L coil then i got like 10 ex atm)

Pretending I accept less dps by going life leech and vaal pact (and I look for any better dagger like now) what would be the tree and aura setup ? (either scion or ranger, the best in your opinion)
"
Larenak wrote:
Well, I don't mind going life leech on my Shav and using vaal pact, I know it's less dps but I guess I can still do atziri?

Only 2 pair of corrupted acuity's on xyz (85 ex and 110 ex lol..) If there is pair at 50 ex, yeah id be close (must sell a 6L coil then i got like 10 ex atm)

Pretending I accept less dps by going life leech and vaal pact (and I look for any better dagger like now) what would be the tree and aura setup ? (either scion or ranger, the best in your opinion)
hm , i am not rly expierenced with the budget setup (never used it) so i can only give you the expansiv pov , if you snapshot you should be fine for atziri if you can use your flask properly , passiv would look like this http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAt9byl9tZm10tqKiasZBaUoMJSshGcW-ebqq0DOGIykq18pMn6rodqsM6qW4c3DQKPI6btWxGKjh_xjdmV8kZinJsoqPBxRGWLKYo-vsJMgnB8-wYiEKdow5IVupwu5DW6-722m0Zj_rDbZAb_KvjhAV92RO4kxqPO-F713BWwFGIa2NDL2-nCOL3mhPz6rb38uGdro9Gpyvb1HBSmZoRL8LsGmwdFOtjtMVHBvPd-tKX0CsKX2oXL1b1wQBk54bRuT7bGlXWJLDbbhB7gKR94_VLvjpciot6 get lioneys paw use empower purity of light and purity of fire get +1 gems in the boots use lvl 20 purity of fire and lvl 3 empower and atziri should be a joke
Every Class 100
"
"
Larenak wrote:

hm , i am not rly expierenced with the budget setup (never used it) so i can only give you the expansiv pov , if you snapshot you should be fine for atziri if you can use your flask properly , passiv would look like this http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAt9byl9tZm10tqKiasZBaUoMJSshGcW-ebqq0DOGIykq18pMn6rodqsM6qW4c3DQKPI6btWxGKjh_xjdmV8kZinJsoqPBxRGWLKYo-vsJMgnB8-wYiEKdow5IVupwu5DW6-722m0Zj_rDbZAb_KvjhAV92RO4kxqPO-F713BWwFGIa2NDL2-nCOL3mhPz6rb38uGdro9Gpyvb1HBSmZoRL8LsGmwdFOtjtMVHBvPd-tKX0CsKX2oXL1b1wQBk54bRuT7bGlXWJLDbbhB7gKR94_VLvjpciot6 get lioneys paw use empower purity of light and purity of fire get +1 gems in the boots use lvl 20 purity of fire and lvl 3 empower and atziri should be a joke

Aww, I don't plan on snapshotting since it wont be a reality soon enough... So purity of light - purity of fire - empower - reduced mana, then which aura can I run without the snapshot?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info