Framerate drops rapidly

For anyone still having problems please try the following:

Go into Catalyst Control Center
Performance
AMD Overdrive
Leave AMD overdrive enabled.
Disable Graphics Overdrive.
Profit.

I was having the 1 second delays when just hitting single mobs, I can't say when exactly this problem started for me but I even tried re-downloading the giant pack the game content is stored in, various other suggestions in these forums just by googling to no avail. Finally, tried messing with drivers and such and this seemed to fix it for me so far. I had a very hard time in Chamber of Sins level 1 hitting single zombies and now not a skip to witnessed!

Please let me know if this fixes it for you guys. Feel free to tell or message me. I would like to know that this helped others as well.

Obviously this isn't going to be a fix-all for everyone I feel. This game is still a beta and still has it's hiccups.
Last edited by Anderath on Mar 22, 2013, 1:31:17 AM
In the same boat..
^more pages, go!
Ridicolous performance whit Radeon 7950 OC. Cant play in groups.. Has anyone find any fix to this shit?
I have noticed that my droprate sometimes decrease by 75-80% when I run other stuff simultaneuosly...

When I kill everything else that uses more than 100 MB of RAM and 5% of CPU the game runs much more smoothly.

I am not using my system capacity to a near full extent (~15% CPU load and 2GB of ram used out of 8 GB, so it shouldn't be an issue, but it is...

other streaming services such as Twitch and/or Spotify is what seems to affect the game FPS the most, so now I use other HW (iPad) for spotify and Twitch. For sure it ain't optimal, but who cares, as long as it works.

Terrible laptop and a 5700 series ATI/AMD card, and my framerate drops to below 10 fps in a party. Either i roll solo or say get the FUCK out if you are a LA (LAGGING arrow) user.
"
HonkHonkBeep wrote:
I've noticed my FPS issues becoming worse and worse with each patch. I play 100% solo and I've got a level 83 Templar I've been running maps with. I pretty much just spike to 0 FPS every 20-30 seconds regardless of what's happening. Any sort of effects rendering for the first time on a map = 2-3 seconds of lag. This is REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY a problem when you open a map and get swarmed and your game freezes for 2 seconds.

ATI 5850HD btw.

It's almost unplayable now, it's just so laggy it's not fun at all. And to the guy talking about burning patches, yes, that map mod just completely obliterates my GPU. I reroll any map with it because it just turns the game into a 10 fps clusterfuck.

I've tried any number of solutions, I currently run a game I should be able to run easily with the textures set to 3 in the config ini, in a smaller resolution than my native resolution, with a variety of performance options enabled using RadeonPro and I still get HORRIBLE lag.

Playing with textures at 3 is like playing some pre-alpha game from the late 1990s, but it makes no really noticeable difference in performance so I might just turn them back up. This implies it's not something wrong with anything we as users can mitigate.

Exactly that!

Radeon 4650 HD here.

Playing solo as well, doesn't matter how many mobs i encounter, either it being 1 or 25, frame drops to 0 for 1-3 seconds every 20-30 seconds. I am trying as hard as i can with that, but i am exhausted. That's the ONLY thing that can kill me in the game, i wont even die out of a desync, but the freeze is what kills me.

No fixes I've tried worked. Please, do something guys, this is unbearable.
I'm having similar issues on my nvidia 260m. The game will play perfect for 20-30 min then all of a sudden, 2 to 3 minutes of 10 FPS. After the initial fps drop, the frequency of spikes seems to increase.

I can play WoW and D3 all day without a single issue so I'm certain this is on GGG's side.

I'm having the same issues with my ATI card.

My first few open beta playthoughs were fine but now every time I run into a pack and cast a projectile attack everything grinds to a half.

It's causing quite a few deaths and is just getting to be absurd.
I'm having the same problem. Have tried every workaround I could find on the net to no avail.

My specs:
Asus Notebook N61J
ATI Mobility Radeon HD5730 1Gb
Intel CORE i7
8GB RAM

FPS drops happen independent of the OS. Tried Ubuntu 12.10 and Windows 7. I've noticed that it happens mostly with Ice Shot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info