Framerate drops rapidly

This issue with AMD graphics cards is the same with intel HDxxxx :P

The perfect solution is to quit.
Path -to- exile

http://s20.postimg.org/tcuzw1az1/h280_FAB9_A.png
Last edited by unknownacc on Jul 23, 2013, 1:50:57 AM
"
Startkabels wrote:
And also only the idea of GGG still not having anything new to add worries me. What is going on? Are they having difficulties solving this? Is it a lower priority for them? Are they waiting for something or somebody like the new designer?

Need to get informed here!

The last i heard Chris was asking for info to be emailed to him(dxdiag) and they have tested it in the office on as many configurations as they can, they can't reproduce it there...they know there is a problem but are not able to pinpoint exactly what is causing it as some people get much better results after tweaking settings in the .ini file, or through the GFX control panel, or defraging.

"
My understanding is that its mainly a RAM/HDD issue and relates to the lack of multithreading support etc.

Disabling tessellation / enabling trible buffering can help with this, especially when vsync is being used.
Aside from that, just gotta wait for further optimization and such to occur :(

That is a quote from Henry_GGG

That's the last bit of info i've seen and was done in a PM
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 22, 2013, 11:19:38 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

The last i heard Chris was asking for info to be emailed to him(dxdiag) and they have tested it in the office on as many configurations as they can, they can't reproduce it there...they know there is a problem but are not able to pinpoint exactly what is causing it as some people get much better results after tweaking settings in the .ini file, or through the GFX control panel, or defraging.

"
My understanding is that its mainly a RAM/HDD issue and relates to the lack of multithreading support etc.

Disabling tessellation / enabling trible buffering can help with this, especially when vsync is being used.
Aside from that, just gotta wait for further optimization and such to occur :(

That is a quote from Henry_GGG

That's the last bit of info i've seen and was done in a PM

For crying out loud somebody send them a computer to reproduce this.

HDD/RAM issue? How so? I have a very fast SDD and 6GB ram.
"
Startkabels wrote:
For crying out loud somebody send them a computer to reproduce this.

HDD/RAM issue? How so? I have a very fast SDD and 6GB ram.

From what i understand and from what i see personally it is the loading of spells and or effects that causes the problem, myself i would have put blame on my HDD for the worst of it as everything is now upgraded(i5,8 gig of 1600mhz ram, good h77 mobo and a HD7850) the only thing that didn't get an upgrade is my HDD which is 7 odd years old.

Now the game is un optomised but when you enter an area(docks in my case) and are blasting away with LA/Chain/GMP/LoH and the fps are smooth until i hit mobs with ice shot which when fired basically pauses the whole game for a fraction of a second and then resumes(which shows as a high frame latency spike and the corresponding dip in FPS) if i stay where i am and ice shot is fired again the FPS barely even wobbles.

You used to get something similar with Spell totem and summon skeles, you get it with discharge and i get it with the effect that now plays when a unique drops.

I'm almost tempted to say that it might be linked in some way to desync, when something like ice shot is fired i would assume that as well as the calculations for the normal stuff it needs to sync the game to be sure the effect hit you, or the monster...the same with discharge...why i would get it with the unique drop effect i don't know other than it is a new effect added and is going to be more unoptimized that the other older ones.

So if it is just optimization they need to do then you are still going to be waiting for a while(hell summon skeles took ages for them to "fix")
If it is related to desync the it is going to take just as long.

But, again, personally it's no where near as bad for me to say it is unplayable...as it is it's an annoyance.

Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 22, 2013, 12:55:57 PM
And dangerous..
Can somebody tell me what the best settings are for ATI HD4850?

Yesterday I removed my driver, ran driver sweeper and reinstalled.

I configured all settings in the Catalyst Control settings and set everything to max quality, but disabling vsync (let application decide)

Now the game runs even worse.

Should I configure the ATI driver settings to "let application decide"?

And also what are the best PoE Options? I really don't want to disable shadows, that is ruining the game experience.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 24, 2013, 6:12:02 AM
From what i've read you pretty much want to let the application decide on all settings and disable tessellation, and enable vsync.

----------[EDIT]----------

Didn't realize there was a thread in the consolidated tech issues and guides
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/342287

Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 24, 2013, 6:32:29 AM
I'm in the same boat. I have an iMac running parallels, with an ATI Radeon HD 5750. I have little or no problems with any other game. I don't have much problem in this game in Acts 1 or 2, at least when I solo. I still have some framerate spikes, but they are manageable in those acts.

For me the real problems come either when I party with others, or when I hit act 3. With others, my framerate drops to anywhere between 4 and 10, and then gets worse when people start spamming spells. Playing solo, the main problems occur when I use particular skills (Ice shot is the worst of the ones I've tried. It's basically a suicide invitation). Or when a new mob type loads onto a map for the first time. The worst offenders are undying grapplers, and undying alchemists, and the statues. Whenever a statue comes to life, I can count on a 2 second pause. The first time a statue type comes to life, the pause will be more like 4-6 seconds.

I have seven characters in Act 3 cruel. On normal, this was a pain in the neck, but it was not a game breaker. On cruel, I have had at least one death for each of my characters, on each new map that they enter -- that's in act 3 only. The difference is that there is less margin for error in cruel, and a four second spike is very risky. My guess is that in merciless, the same spikes will be a guaranteed death sentence.

I've done pretty much everything I can to alleviate this problem on my end. And it is not a problem with any other game. Here, I think it may be a game breaker, and its a little distressing to see such little acknowledgement from GGG about this issue. It's been a known issue now for seven months. It makes group play impossible, and for me, its going to make endgame play also impossible. I guess when I hit the wall where the frustration trumps any advances I might make with my characters, I will just have to quit, because I've basically given up hope that GGG will ever do anything about this issue.

Too bad, because otherwise it's a pretty cool game.
I have the same FPS drop problem. FPS drop from 140 to 0-30 for 0,5-2 sec. if many ppl in grp attack many mobs. Or many magic spells and blood spells run on Screen.

Any Solution for this Problem???
I really want to play this Game, atm im in ACT3. But its impossibble with this short lags/spikes.

I have a Ati GCard too.
ATI HD 4770 512MB DDR5 (last Catalyst Driver 13.1)
CPU i7, 8GB Ram, Win 8 64Bit

Please Help
Hi. Sorry for my English and some mistakes. Maybe it helps someone.

I've got the same problems with FPS. My card is HD7770. I tried everything on this and another threads and no results. FPS ~50 and suddenly drops down. I'm running on 1440x900 @75Hz. Drivers ver. 13.4. Nothing change even new patch which should help. I try beta drives. No positive results. It was only worse.
My system was unstable few time ago so i decide to reinstall. I install new today (win7x64) and graphics driver CCC 13.4 and basic drivers. And I checked PoE. And.. WOW! It's work! Everything is on and high including shadows. Now FPS ~70 and even drops appear it's going down but not to zero! but sth ~20.
Maybe I've got luck :)

Pentium Dual-Core E6300 2,8GHz (OC 3,0GHz)
3Gb RAM
Radeon HD7770
Drivers CCC 13.4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info