Framerate drops rapidly

After last patch game became unplayable. Fps spikes like mad. Game was running very smooth before latest patch. I reinstalled game on ssd but didnt help at all. Is there a fix to this problem?

Win7 64-bit
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Interl(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
8192MB RAM

Just want to add that I have this fps drop to 2 in town too just walking around and its not spiking now and then its all the time..
Last edited by Knobb on May 10, 2013, 11:19:42 AM
I suffer from regular severe lag spikes brought about while
special effects and lighting are going on screen.

frame rendering time spikes, obviously avg fps drops for the interval
and even ping rate spikes (I believe because the system is hanging
waiting on a frame update and isn't able to gather any network data
until the update)

I run winxp sp3 32, radeon 4890, with a q6600.

I want advice and/or new options to obliterate these issues
without an ati patch to the drivers....

I want the option to turn "beautiful flashing colors and cunning
animation" into "dull and simple flashing white gray blob that
doesn't seem to have 3 dimensions or anything and sorta just
an eyesore"

as long as you kill the framelag I'm happy.

any advice for manipulating the ini file? I gotta do some reading
about that if theres any way to sort this out.

brb updating catalyst suite again (did so when i first installed poe)
I managed to solve my constant FPS drops by removing and re-installing the game.

Perharps something went corrupted in the patching process. (Although I did run the Packcheck several times).
Last edited by Exalton on May 14, 2013, 7:27:40 AM
bump
IGN:Darktransat
same here with AMD-RADEON SERIES 6.. it's a nice game but all these bugs make people quit
BIIIIGGGGG BUUUUMMMMMPPPP

Since GGG is ignoring this (just keep walking, nothing to see here people)
"
Startkabels wrote:

Some people need smacked upside the head and use their eyes, they have acknowledged there is a problem. The Head guy has even said their is...their problem is that it is not related to the gfx cards like so many claim (ati in particular) it's more to do with what is getting loaded on certain skills which given there is less than a handful of guys that could fix it will take some time.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:

Some people need smacked upside the head and use their eyes, they have acknowledged there is a problem. The Head guy has even said their is...their problem is that it is not related to the gfx cards like so many claim (ati in particular) it's more to do with what is getting loaded on certain skills which given there is less than a handful of guys that could fix it will take some time.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/473821

I am aware of that and have been for a long time, should be in beta manifesto. Needs a status update at least.

Maybe better phrasing: Feels like it is being ignored
"
Startkabels wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/473821

I am aware of that and have been for a long time, should be in beta manifesto. Needs a status update at least.

Maybe better phrasing: Feels like it is being ignored

Most things feel like they are being ignored, they tend only to post in the one thread and only when they have something new to add...your problem is that there are so many threads about the problem, would be better to merge the current ones an lock the snowflakes who make a new one just because....possibly even sticky it
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Most things feel like they are being ignored, they tend only to post in the one thread and only when they have something new to add...your problem is that there are so many threads about the problem, would be better to merge the current ones an lock the snowflakes who make a new one just because....possibly even sticky it

No, since this is a major issue, there are so many complains and it is ruining the game experience this should be added to the beta manifesto.

And also only the idea of GGG still not having anything new to add worries me. What is going on? Are they having difficulties solving this? Is it a lower priority for them? Are they waiting for something or somebody like the new designer?

Need to get informed here!
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 22, 2013, 10:20:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info