Framerate drops rapidly

Bad assumption (but based on graphics card/laptops available on the market to buy): Half the graphics card are Nvidia and the other ATI. I can't imagine how many players also suffer from this but simply haven't posted here. 16 pages is a lot as it is.

"
Dime666 wrote:
Still no reply from GGG or fix from ati :(

As far as I'm aware a fix from ATI would benefit ONLY the newer cards. "Older" graphics cards (which they call "Legacy") that may have dedicated memory (so shouldn't have these problems either) will likely be forgotten about. Really, when you think about it, if other computer games that have higher computer specification requirements to play don't have problems and PoE alone has these spikes it's kinda obvious that the solution must come from GGG.

I don't know what other priorities GGG has but if you've paid for a microtransaction to support the programmers (like I have) then you would be pretty disappointed that this game ruining issue isn't a priority for them.
Both me and my friend suffer the same issue as well. Sudden drops to like 5-10 FPS every 40 minutes or so. Other than that, the game runs very smooth and never drops below 120 FPS, even in groups.
Changing the graphics settings does not help at all.

Radeon 7970
Intel i5 2500
HD 4870 1 GB here.

Hate it when killing bandits and after I click "kill x" the game freeze for 3 sec and all I can do is spam health pots and pray... Also Docks are pretty unplayable.
IGN: KioneoneeR
Things actually got better for me a little bit after the latest patch, a large magic monster pack still causes freezes but the fps seems to be a lot more stable, all options set to lowest settings. I think i can actually go kill Piety on Merciless now...
If i enjoyed trading, i would not play games, i would run the stock market...
Uniques: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/109857
Rings+Amulet: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/143823
Still a lot of freezes though, especially when using Flame Sentinels as Spectres, and performance at Docks is still shit.
If i enjoyed trading, i would not play games, i would run the stock market...
Uniques: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/109857
Rings+Amulet: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/143823
I did one map yesterday and the frame rate was awful, I'm talking 30fps during AOE while SOLO, which never happens. It was a "burning patches" map so maybe it was just that, as the fire is insane. Hopefully the patch didn't make things worse.
this is getting worse and worse with the new patches...
still no reply by anyone in charge?
HD 4830 here. Same stuff. Got killed 2 times because of the damn freeze.
still have horrible fps, about to quit.. they dont seem to even care
ign: APolarBear
I've noticed my FPS issues becoming worse and worse with each patch. I play 100% solo and I've got a level 83 Templar I've been running maps with. I pretty much just spike to 0 FPS every 20-30 seconds regardless of what's happening. Any sort of effects rendering for the first time on a map = 2-3 seconds of lag. This is REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY a problem when you open a map and get swarmed and your game freezes for 2 seconds.

ATI 5850HD btw.

It's almost unplayable now, it's just so laggy it's not fun at all. And to the guy talking about burning patches, yes, that map mod just completely obliterates my GPU. I reroll any map with it because it just turns the game into a 10 fps clusterfuck.

I've tried any number of solutions, I currently run a game I should be able to run easily with the textures set to 3 in the config ini, in a smaller resolution than my native resolution, with a variety of performance options enabled using RadeonPro and I still get HORRIBLE lag.

Playing with textures at 3 is like playing some pre-alpha game from the late 1990s, but it makes no really noticeable difference in performance so I might just turn them back up. This implies it's not something wrong with anything we as users can mitigate.
Last edited by HonkHonkBeep on Mar 20, 2013, 9:58:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info