Framerate drops rapidly

radeon 7850 same problem
IGN: RagingRacoon
Encountered this problem for the first time in act 1 cruel. Kinda caught me by surprise because it has been running so smoothly. Hadn't heard of this before it happened to me. I'm running a 7870 and when I got the frame drops I checked my settings and noticed it wasn't really turned it too much. So I restarted the game, and cranked every setting and since then its been running like butter...... weird.
Man_Mode
"
Encountered this problem for the first time in act 1 cruel. Kinda caught me by surprise because it has been running so smoothly. Hadn't heard of this before it happened to me. I'm running a 7870 and when I got the frame drops I checked my settings and noticed it wasn't really turned it too much. So I restarted the game, and cranked every setting and since then its been running like butter...... weird.

That doesnt seem like the same problem the other guys (including me) are having... Turning settings high or low havent helped at all for me. Ive been having constant frameratedrops since long before open beta.
AMD Radeon HD4870, 2048 Mbytes RAM, 3,2Ghz Dual core = Ridiculous FPS drops and framerate issues.

Playing a summoner. Docks, sewers, flame sentinels with multishot (as spectres and enemies), poison arrows and all that just kills my framerate, otherwise pretty stable 60-80 fps range. About 130 deaths so far, a fair estimate of 80% of those are because of performance issues, lag spikes and dc:s. So even if i wished to, i would NEVER play hardcore while this is happening.

Merciless is pretty much as its name says, merciless. Pretty frustrating trying to advance to the next level when you can die in an eyeblink because you just got ganged by a pack of 'blue' mobs that just instakill you when your computer cant keep up with the damn effects and you are just locked in place doing nothing or trying to control your character in a 1 fps slideshow. Probably lost about 3+ levels (70+) worth of progress because of this, and you can just imagine how that feels like running in circles going nowhere.
If i enjoyed trading, i would not play games, i would run the stock market...
Uniques: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/109857
Rings+Amulet: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/143823
Last edited by Carcaroth on Feb 20, 2013, 12:35:51 AM
same here with 2 ATI systems. 58xx series

Game was more or less fine in all 15 months of closed beta with some performance problems here and there in larger groups.
Since release it is just unplayable in some regions in act 3 like severs.

Tried all the newest drivers up to the latest catalyst (and both beta 3 and 5).
Game stays not playable in groups and even solo sometimes those framedrops occur.

cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
A problem that make people unplayable is Big problem.

A lot of people have this problem not because their computer is low.
It's the game problems with ATI cards.

And now, many new players join this game everyday (like me & my friends get invited).
We both think this is really good game but we can't feel comfortable with the problem.
It's sad.

In my opinion i think GGG should fix it or something to help ATI user asap.
I have the same problem, insane fps drop when I use skills like decoy totem, not to mention that when I play with my friend totem-mage-build I die very often because of this -_-

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
I am a warrior. I was born to fight and death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him traveling beside me to this new land, this Wraeclast. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready.
Try rightclicking the shortcut and select the graphic processor you want to use to play the game. new laptops have 1 for hd films and 1 for gaming. I did this and suddenly went from 17fps in high clutter situations to 80 with same settings
Hey, so I do have 60 very stable FPS and every now and then it drops down to 20/30 and then back up. It is unplayable. The funniest thing though is that this only started(for me) like 3-4 days ago, and I've been playing PoE for 2 weeks.

I do have a HD7870 graphics card(with an i7 and 8GB RAM). There's no other game that gives me this problem, some of what I play are: SC2, DOTA2, CSGO, and they ALL run perfectly.

I'm done playing this game until it gets fixed, I just can't play.
Last edited by SCVRUSH on Feb 20, 2013, 2:38:19 PM
its hilarious how they said they fixed the docks so when i go there, there seem to be more desync and DC there now, than it used to be.
My Craft Logs-thread/359202

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info