Framerate drops rapidly

"
NastyNati wrote:
I really wish they would just allow me to turn off other people spell effects, my fps drops to 5 while im in a full party

should make suggestion thread about that
My Craft Logs-thread/359202
"
I really wish they would just allow me to turn off other people spell effects, my fps drops to 5 while im in a full party

i want that too, badly...
That suggestion thread has been made 100 times. At this point the best goal is simply to have the people with problems post in the same thread til it reaches hundreds/thousands of individual replies so we get an official response.
I emailed support about this issue, and got the following reply:

"
We've received many reports of
problems with ATI cards, and there are a few responses scattered
through various threads that have been made. We have the cards on our
list to check and optimize for, but our lead programmer is still
dealing with the numerous problems caused by Open Beta so we likely
won't be able to investigate for at least a month, sorry! Any
information you can come up with for how well different driver
versions perform would be helpful, though we will of course do these
tests when we have copies of the cards in the office.

So, they are aware of the issues, but we will have to wait for a fix.
I'm afraid many in the amd/ati camp will be alienated by then. Too bad since it's an awesome game. Still don't get what could've caused this problem since it apparently didn't happen in closed beta. Anyone that had cb that got any idea what some plausible causes could be that's causing this?
Last edited by Lysithea on Feb 18, 2013, 7:06:47 AM
HD 6670 reporting in.

Constant 150+ FPS until certain act 3 particles and ofc in groups with massive casts/summons.

Can dip as low as 3 FPS, and remain steady at 50 fps on Act 3 maps for no reason.
IGN: Opburst

I have old ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 and have stable 40-50 fps in the towns, but large numbers of skills effects drop in to 4-5 fps sometimes. I even can't do Piety (Normal) because of that.
Last edited by Taupwnz on Feb 18, 2013, 7:44:15 AM
"
Lysithea wrote:
Anyone that had cb that got any idea what some plausible causes could be that's causing this?

I'm not an expert at all, but I'm starting to think this has something to do with poorly programmed shaders.
Just installed 13.2beta drivers and did this: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/162543

Smoother and better fps now but still noticeable drops. I can actually cast spells in partys now! Before I mostly lagged in place. Anyone else get better results too?

(also, know what you're doing so you don't break something)
HD 6800 with same kind of problems...

Im playing on linux thru Wine so I first assumed that the frameratedrops was a part of the cost playing thru linux... Then I saw this post and now I realise that the problem is probably all about the AMD-card...

Ive died so many times in HC and starting to get fed up with it... I really like this game but the frameratedrops makes me not as tempted playing the game...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info