[Tool] Looty! Very fast stash search & XP tracking.

"
Gwmngilfen wrote:
@bjax

Ok, here's a quick Ruby parsing script I put together: http://pastebin.com/tZExPFux

You can run it as "ruby /path/to/downloads/looty-forum.sh /path/to/downloads/item-export.csv". It's very very hacky just now, as it's got a number of hardcoded parts specific to my stash layout. The main issues are:

1) Having to manually remove non-sale tabs, as we discussed above
2) Having to calculate the right number for the "StashX" location attribute
3) Off-by-one in the x/y co-ordinates

3 is easily handled, but 2 is a pain (as you can see from my stash_offset variable). Basically I need to convert "tabname" from Looty into "Stash9" - is there any way Looty could include the numeric tab ID in the CSV output?

You can see the very first Looty-generated forum post in my shop, here :) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1011807

So far so good! :P

Looks good, Work is really busy today, next time I have time to work on Looty! I will add a column that has the location in a more BBCode friendly format (0 based x/y indexes + Stash1 naming scheme.) I will need to hide this column by default, so I need to implement the hidden columns feature as well. I will also add the optional filtering before csv export since it should be easy.

What I had been planning was adding the ability to add an item to a group as well as assign custom variables to an item (~b/o ~c/o etc). I was hoping to solve the lack of UUID problem so that groups and whatever would be robust to moving items around in the stash, for now I can implement the feature by assigning a location + name of the item to the group / custom variables, if you move the item oh well.

Thanks for the Ruby script I looked it over and I'll refer to it when I write the code up in ScalaJs it'll make my life much easier!

One thing I would suggest is that in your script you put the Stash# id at the start of the name tab (seems like you have premium stash tabs?) and parse it out. So you name the tab right now: "~b/o 2 chaos x:1 y:2" you could manually name it "7 ~b/o 2 chaos x:1 y:2" and then know to emit location="Stash7 x=0 y=2"

So many features to implement so little time!
free bump

"

Looks good, Work is really busy today, next time I have time to work on Looty! I will add a column that has the location in a more BBCode friendly format (0 based x/y indexes + Stash1 naming scheme.) I will need to hide this column by default, so I need to implement the hidden columns feature as well. I will also add the optional filtering before csv export since it should be easy.

What I had been planning was adding the ability to add an item to a group as well as assign custom variables to an item (~b/o ~c/o etc). I was hoping to solve the lack of UUID problem so that groups and whatever would be robust to moving items around in the stash, for now I can implement the feature by assigning a location + name of the item to the group / custom variables, if you move the item oh well.

Sounds epic, looking forward to testing it. I think building a UUID from tab-x-y is fine as a first pass, it can always be refined later.

"

Thanks for the Ruby script I looked it over and I'll refer to it when I write the code up in ScalaJs it'll make my life much easier!

One thing I would suggest is that in your script you put the Stash# id at the start of the name tab (seems like you have premium stash tabs?) and parse it out. So you name the tab right now: "~b/o 2 chaos x:1 y:2" you could manually name it "7 ~b/o 2 chaos x:1 y:2" and then know to emit location="Stash7 x=0 y=2"

Pretty much, although the x/y comes from Looty!, the tab is just called "~b/o 1 alch". Nex iteration I'll add the the ~b/o bit to make the tab names shorter I think. Putting the tab index in the name is genius, I should have thought of that. I guess I did hack that up at 9am after too little caffeine :)

"

Indeed! I know virtually no Scala or JS, but if I can help be a sounding board for working out logic, feel free to ping me :)
Free bump, this tool is pretty cool.

One note though, didn't see this mentioned: the PoE Builder integration no longer works (probably because the import function on POEB is being discontinued, as per note on their site).

Looking forward to seeing this grow
This tools are totally saving our precious, what should be in the first place as one big market in POE, with all this amazing tools and calculators.

Very nicely thought trough, @GGG needs to start buying tools from this people. In the end i don't want to have 10 tolls opened up, just to fully use the market for POE.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Sep 4, 2014, 3:27:33 PM
@bjax here's the latest script, works a treat. Your suggestion also neatly solves my worry about hash ordering - I was blinding hoping the entries in the prices hash would be in the correct order, which is not guaranteed :)

http://pastebin.com/WKtMAVHY
thanks for the great program works awesome very fast loading times
"

Indeed! I know virtually no Scala or JS, but if I can help be a sounding board for working out logic, feel free to ping me :)

Sounds great! I will be taking you up on that :)
"
Free bump, this tool is pretty cool.

One note though, didn't see this mentioned: the PoE Builder integration no longer works (probably because the import function on POEB is being discontinued, as per note on their site).

Looking forward to seeing this grow

Oh I hadn't know about that. Thanks for the bug report! That really sucks :( I always used poebuilder over the GGG tree since it worked a lot better for me and this made it really easy to load my builds up into it. Well, next time I get a chance I will just link to the default path of exile.com tree.
"
Gwmngilfen wrote:
@bjax here's the latest script, works a treat. Your suggestion also neatly solves my worry about hash ordering - I was blinding hoping the entries in the prices hash would be in the correct order, which is not guaranteed :)

http://pastebin.com/WKtMAVHY

Awesome thanks! Hopefully I will be able to get that column in there for you soon to work around the issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info