[Tool] Looty! Very fast stash search & XP tracking.

"
bjax wrote:
wait. does that mean gs is coming to poe too? wth is wrong with you people?

wat? wath is gs? is item score? it nice! much score! so computed! we tweet now! on forum! so type! wow! such response! under 140. go doge!

no need to be overly the top "sarcastic". item score or gear score or item level, as it is called now, i think if you know what im talking about then you also know what it brings to the game - stupid elitism.

honestly, i dont give a damn since i dont use chrome anyway but what this means to me personally is more bullshit posts in this forum where people will be showing off their "awesomely high item numbers" even though that the other item with lower score would benefit them more. but neeeeeeu must keep the score high. that was my point
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
"
no need to be overly the top "sarcastic". item score or gear score or item level, as it is called now, i think if you know what im talking about then you also know what it brings to the game - stupid elitism.

honestly, i dont give a damn since i dont use chrome anyway but what this means to me personally is more bullshit posts in this forum where people will be showing off their "awesomely high item numbers" even though that the other item with lower score would benefit them more. but neeeeeeu must keep the score high. that was my point

Sorry if I offended you, I was just trying to be funny. Much apology! Such Sorrow! Great Contrition!

Yeah there is certainly a big problem trying to score an item like this. For example and item that has 900 armour and 900 ES would get 0 points under the current algo, even though it would be pretty good for an IR player. I plan to patch that hole up, but I am guessing there will always be imperfections.

I put the score in there with the hope that it would help me know what is vendor trash. But with this game there are so many niches uses for items with all the different builds, that it doesn't work really well. I view it as an interesting amusement, certainly not something to use for bragging rights.

I have just been buying more and more stash tabs and throwing my items in them. Then I use Looty to quickly find an item for whatever alt I happen to running. I don't use the score function that often, but will readily support it for players that get something more than I do out of it.

I have like 120 tabs, I organize them by size of the item now. And just dump items into the tabs. I have a two monitor setup so I run Looty on one, usually with the XP tracker up and play on the other. When I loot I just grab stuff, id it and throw it in the appropriately sized tab when my inventory gets full. I really hate wasting time digging through items, as I really like playing the game, and getting more loot, not spending time trying to organize it. Looty for me essentially turns my loot into a database that I can query to find the best item for my current situation.

I was going to make an inventory auto-organizer script. But Chris said that would be bannable so I dropped that idea. Luckily I hadn't spent and time on it yet. With Looty I don't think that is even necessary anymore.
Posting to give my feedback, and to bump this thread because it's an awesome tool and it deserves it.

I've used PoEHelper, Procurement, and Looty. For inventory management, Looty has potential to trump them all. It's much faster and responsive than all of them and has an easy-to-use yet powerful interface. Things I'd like to see in it, in order of importance:

1) the possibility to filter columns. If it's there, I haven't found it. It's crucial to have all useful information fit on the same screen
2) less aggressive tooltips. ATM, the info tooltips pop up whenever I hover on a row, and covers half of the screen. It would be better in my view to have it appear less frequently. For instance: ctrl makes the tooltips appear, and hovering on a row simply highlights the row with another color.
3) two different colors for the rows: it would be very helpful to scan the rows if the rows had two different colors (darker/lighter).
4) (very low-priority wish-list level) A SQL-like query language. I don't know how you handle the item database, but it's possible that this simply means providing an interface for a feature that is already there. Otherwise, it's a lot of work and I don't really expect you to code it. :)

Add me in game, IGN: NoysLambent, and I'd be happy to offer you a 4-5 chaos as a donation for making this useful tool. I encourage every other user to do the same; I think it's good and fair to give you some compensation for writing such a useful open-source tool. Kudos!
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.
Thanks for the feedback fph and sorry for not responding sooner.

I took care of #3 (odd/even row colors) and released a new version (0.1.6). You will have to re-download and re-install, let me know if it works for you.

I added the rest of your suggestions to the todo list. They are all really good, and I would like to implement them someday.

Let me know if you any other ideas, I can't promise to implement them but I will try my best to respond faster in the future. Also if you file an issue report on the github page for feature requests / bug reports[1] I will see it sooner.

Thanks again!

1: https://github.com/benjaminjackman/looty/issues
I just published version 0.2.0 to the Chrome Web Store with support for the new Rampage and Beyond leagues.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/looty/ajfbflclpnpbjkfibijekgcombcgehbi?hl=en&gl=US

You'll want to remove the older versions, moving forward Looty will be released through the Chrome webstore.
Last edited by bjax on Aug 20, 2014, 1:29:49 AM
I dont use (Chrome) that frequently by now as at the 'glory days' of the poe helper addition - but maybe your tool (which I somehow missed until today) is worth a look!

But, since I dont use the original chrome browser, but an (older) iron client instead: how version dependent is it? And, even more important: is there a way to get the addon manually, from outside of the webstore? (no access with the 'modified' client)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I actually used to upload the .crx files similar to how poe_ext, but switched to the
chrome web store because it's a much easier deploy / install procedure.

I am not using any recent APIs as far as I know, so it should work with older versions, but I haven't tested it so can't say for sure.

It might be possible for me to add building the crx files back into the build process, which might be loadable in older versions manually similar to how the poe_ext was loaded.
That would be very nice! Since I only use Iron in parallel to the main browser, and only for that single use, I dont see a need to follow all their updates, and at least by this I (and others with similar behaviour) are locked out from the web store.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Very nice functionality, UI needs a little work though.
For starters, I'd suggest adding something like the following 2 css lines
for better readability
(it alternates font color for each column)

.ui-widget-content.slick-row div:nth-child(odd) {color: yellow;}
.slick-header-columns div:nth-child(odd) {color: yellow;}
Last edited by smichal52 on Aug 20, 2014, 5:54:40 AM
great tool! i used the poehelper chrome extension but it stopped working some time ago. what i like about your version is its much more memory friendly if you have lots of tabs (i have about 800 tabs in hardcore league due to many remove only tabs from all races/previous leagues since open beta start) and with poehelper there were massive memory issues loading and displaying all in the browser but looty works without problem even with such massive data in one browser window.
couple suggestions for you.

- you should display a different text when loading of all items is finished right now it stays at "Downloaded some data from pathofexile.com" in green even after all tabs have been loaded.

- possibility of hiding some of the columns so that it all fits on one screen. right now i have to scroll quite often because of the many columns from which only a few interest me.

- maybe add white/magic/rare/unique columns so that i can quickly browse through all my uniques or if im looking to craft something i can get a list of all white items but i guess the unique column is used more often. (i don't know if its possible to distinguish the rarities?)

- itemlevel display if it's possible to get that information from the website (but since no one had that so far i guess it's not?)

- you have total resistance column which works great even with twostone rings but you don't have total life (where you include +str of an item) so this would also be great addition

i haven't found a bug so far but will continue to look :)
great tool much appreciated and keep up the great work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info