[Tool] Looty! Very fast stash search & XP tracking.

"

.ui-widget-content.slick-row div:nth-child(odd) {color: yellow;}
.slick-header-columns div:nth-child(odd) {color: yellow;}

Thanks for the css, I will try it out.
"
great tool! i used the poehelper chrome extension but it stopped working some time ago. what i like about your version is its much more memory friendly if you have lots of tabs (i have about 800 tabs in hardcore league due to many remove only tabs from all races/previous leagues since open beta start) and with poehelper there were massive memory issues loading and displaying all in the browser but looty works without problem even with such massive data in one browser window.
couple suggestions for you.

800 tabs!?! Wow that's amazing! I am glad it still works, I thought I was crazy with my ~120ish tabs so I hadn't tested anything higher than that.

"

- you should display a different text when loading of all items is finished right now it stays at "Downloaded some data from pathofexile.com" in green even after all tabs have been loaded.

Good Idea, I'll add it. I need to tighten up the net code so that it works with the cached values even when pathofexile.com is down.

"
- possibility of hiding some of the columns so that it all fits on one screen. right now i have to scroll quite often because of the many columns from which only a few interest me.

That one is pretty high on my list of things to do.

"

- maybe add white/magic/rare/unique columns so that i can quickly browse through all my uniques or if im looking to craft something i can get a list of all white items but i guess the unique column is used more often. (i don't know if its possible to distinguish the rarities?)

good idea I will add a column for that.

"

- itemlevel display if it's possible to get that information from the website (but since no one had that so far i guess it's not?)

unless they changed something with the new patch it's not possible at the moment.

"

- you have total resistance column which works great even with twostone rings but you don't have total life (where you include +str of an item) so this would also be great addition

Great idea.

I added cards for the feature here: https://trello.com/b/xr7dx96M/looty

Last edited by bjax on Aug 20, 2014, 4:43:01 PM
FYI, the name of the program makes it really hard to google for this thread... google insisted on correcting "looty" to "loot" when I put in "poe looty"

Just incase you want to change the name at some point, or want to register some search terms in google analytics or something
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
Hey man, Great work, love this extension.

One issue, when and how do you update the content? Because I'm still seeing extremely old data from couple of days ago. Can you show how old is the data being displayed and if we're looking at cached data or not. Also, can there be a manual refresh button?

Thanks a ton, keep it up!!!

Edit: Just looked at it again and now it shows data even without me needing to be logged into poe (fully closing browser). That is not desired functionality and I can see in dev tools that all of the requests are cached except google ads and no amount of tinkering changes that. No wonder I'm seeing antique data :)

Edit2: Scratch that, now it does not load any data for any of the leagues. Only data viewable is in under character inventory.
Last edited by SirEvolution on Aug 27, 2014, 3:10:54 PM
"
cryptc wrote:
FYI, the name of the program makes it really hard to google for this thread... google insisted on correcting "looty" to "loot" when I put in "poe looty"

Just incase you want to change the name at some point, or want to register some search terms in google analytics or something

Yeah that's tricky I've noticed that as well, kind of annoying. If it becomes more popular Google might stop doing it's auto-correct magic and recognize it as a different term. It's also apparently the name of an 2001 tamil comedy movie.
Last edited by bjax on Aug 30, 2014, 11:06:46 PM
"
SirEvolution wrote:
Hey man, Great work, love this extension.

One issue, when and how do you update the content? Because I'm still seeing extremely old data from couple of days ago. Can you show how old is the data being displayed and if we're looking at cached data or not. Also, can there be a manual refresh button?

Thanks a ton, keep it up!!!

Edit: Just looked at it again and now it shows data even without me needing to be logged into poe (fully closing browser). That is not desired functionality and I can see in dev tools that all of the requests are cached except google ads and no amount of tinkering changes that. No wonder I'm seeing antique data :)

Edit2: Scratch that, now it does not load any data for any of the leagues. Only data viewable is in under character inventory.

Thanks! I am glad to hear you find the extension to be useful!

So I broke the refresh logic in the extension for a day around then when I pushed a bad update to the google web-store, I'm really sorry about that. I since corrected the issue so it should be working again. I am thinking about making an alpha channel, in the meantime I am looking for testers:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2erkuf/psa_version_02114_of_looty_is_bugged_i_just/

You're spot on, everything is pretty thoroughly cached. It doesn't quite work perfectly yet but I really want to make it so that even when the GGG website is down Looty will still work. However their API was not designed with caching in mind so things like moving a stash tab, or even just a lot of items can make things get really out sync.

To keep things in sync, I will shift click on the individual tabs in the tabs view, or shift click on individual items in the grid as I move them in the program, and then after I am done with my play session press the "Clear And Reload Everything For This League From Server." This will, when I am not breaking the code, do what you want. Did you manage to find those options for refreshing?

I really need to compile a FAQ, make some tutorial videos and/or get better at making the UI more intuitive. A user made faq / how-to contributions would be very welcome! I can add them into a Help page.
This is a great tool. Is there any way I could download those records to text file or SQL database or excel file? It's seems that simple copy paste doesn't work.
I'm dreaming about SQL database with all my items (even Access db) :).

"
CookieVortex wrote:
This is a great tool. Is there any way I could download those records to text file or SQL database or excel file? It's seems that simple copy paste doesn't work.
I'm dreaming about SQL database with all my items (even Access db) :).

Sure that's doable. I can make an 'export all item and columns as a csv' pretty easily. I could also export all the raw item data I am getting from pathofexile.com if you prefer.

Let me know
i use looty quite regularly now to find upgrades when leveling new twinks and i am really impressed with the speed, great job and thanks for implementing the feature to hide some filters and even without asking for it you made a save feature for that as well awesome!

one thing that kinda nags me is if i want to reload all tabs i first have to search for the button and its quite hidden because you have to click on tabs first would be great if there were a reload all from current league next to the leagues on top for easier access (i always hide the tabs to have maximum room on the page for the items).
oh and there still isn't a visually feedback as to when the loading for the tabs is done but this is quite minor.

read that you are looking for alpha testers and i'd like to help.
Last edited by Sundrino on Aug 31, 2014, 10:13:05 PM
"
Sundrino wrote:
i use looty quite regularly now to find upgrades when leveling new twinks and i am really impressed with the speed, great job and thanks for implementing the feature to hide some filters and even without asking for it you made a save feature for that as well awesome!

Hey, no problem glad you are finding use in it. Yeah the upgrades view has been great for me for the same purpose, I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

"
Sundrino wrote:

one thing that kinda nags me is if i want to reload all tabs i first have to search for the button and its quite hidden because you have to click on tabs first would be great if there were a reload all from current league next to the leagues on top for easier access (i always hide the tabs to have maximum room on the page for the items).

Yeah, I renamed the it to [Refresh/Tabs] in the latest version. Are you finding that you are frequently having to refresh all the tabs? You should be able to shift click just the ones you need refreshed, unless you are moving around premium stash tabs in which case you will probably have to do a full refresh.

"
Sundrino wrote:

oh and there still isn't a visually feedback as to when the loading for the tabs is done but this is quite minor.

If you open the [Refresh/Tabs] view you should see the text on tabs turn from red to white as they are loading from the server. When all of the downloading is done, I still need to add an all downloads complete message at the top, right now it will just say downloaded some data.

"
Sundrino wrote:

read that you are looking for alpha testers and i'd like to help.

Sure just pm me your email and I will add you as a test user in the chrome store.

Hmm I am guessing now you don't like keeping refresh/tabs open because if i remember correctly you have several hundred tabs? So that would probably eat up a lot of the screen real-estate when you have the refresh/tabs pane open?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info