[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

the elemental leech life of the vaal sceptre really works?
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
I really like this idea to go mana, BUT, for a MF build, life with BM is still better right? Cause you can ignore mana stats on your gear and focus only on MF gear

Yes, for the most part. Survivability and damage potential are both higher with the mana version, but you have one more stat (or two) to care about. If you use Arctic Armor only as needed (like a toggle), you need less mana or mana reg on the gear.

I tested with my BM gear which only had 52 mana on one piece, no mana reg provided by gear. and relatively little ES (about 400, mostly from Rathpith's Globe) that was converted to mana, and with a high level clarity and the complete build, I could play fairly well. Mid tier maps definitely work with little mana on the gear.

That makes me wonder if I could skip some mana or ES related nodes, actually! But I want the build to be widely usable without requiring much (or very specific) gear, so this is just fine (and I have yet to test with a L23 Arctic Armor). It does mean that IIR can actually be taken over mana, if the content you do isn't difficult. It really all comes down to Arctic Armor and how crazily you spam totems. (This is not taking Cloak of Defiance's MoM into account: I have yet to link mine for some testing to see how the 10% damage taken from mana plays out in practice.)

In general, I feel that 100% IIR and good clearing speed is better than 200% and needing twice as long. 100% IIR seems to be the sweet spot, and that is manageable without too severe sacrifices.

@Everyone: Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad the guide is useful to you. :)
Last edited by Mivo on Sep 9, 2014, 3:40:27 PM
I just wanted to ask if the testing with three dragons has already been made and if so, should I get it?

Thank you in advance and sorry if already replied :)
I want to thank you about the tip about conversion trap, i'm using with inc duration and multiple traps, thats amazing and helps with clear speed + crowd control (playing as a scion on beyond league).

The question is, what the better option with 5L? Flame totem and gmp are essential, so
- faster casting
- add chaos
- faster proj
- fire penetration
"
I want to thank you about the tip about conversion trap, i'm using with inc duration and multiple traps, thats amazing and helps with clear speed + crowd control (playing as a scion on beyond league).

The question is, what the better option with 5L? Flame totem and gmp are essential, so
- faster casting
- add chaos
- faster proj
- fire penetration

Fire pen is actually essential, especially when so many mobs are resistant to elemental dmg

On my 5L, im using FT/GMP/faster casting/added chaos/fire pen
Hello , just started playing a month ago and have tried a few builds out , this build was the easiest to play and level

Able to play in areas 3 or 4 lvls above , really dont die that often

This is what passive tree looks like

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABAcFWwhnCPQQWBDMFE0VUBZvGDwaOBpsHwIkqij6KU8qEyycLKctHzI0MtE1kjbFNulBh0WdRtdKyEyzU1JVxlnzWitdxl8qYG1qQ2sXbRluqnsggh6Cm4LHgziD24dliq-LjJARkFWTOpUgmuCdgJ2uogCj8qcIp4Svt7UEtfK3PriTvOq9J8AawFTB88au2CTYvdrd2wvd8-Fz42rkIuvk6-7sOO0g-ej-Cv6H

Just wondering , what kind of armour should go well early end game towards the real end game ?
I am curious, is discipline really worth using? It seems a bit redundant to me, and there's gotta be other auras which might be useful.
"
BlazeB75 wrote:
I am curious, is discipline really worth using? It seems a bit redundant to me, and there's gotta be other auras which might be useful.

really depends on you

In my situation, I'm not using it though, I'm currently on Herald of Ice/Haste/Clarity and the mana reg is just enough for lvl17 AA

If i wanted to lvl my AA past 17, then yes, i would substitute discipline in for Haste
post videos of 78 maps mivo!
Interresting guide, thanks !
Only things missing are videos, it's always appreciated to see the build in action.

I'm currently leveling my scion dual flame totem on beyond, started from 0 currency ( first char ) and will give some feedbacks later if I'm still alive :p .

Hope that's worthing it to level a MF char.

HF guys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info