[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

Only problem i see is that three dragons helm is not very useful anymore when the shock passives are split up and moved further away.

So i guess it's pointless to get three dragons now.
Yes, I would take out three dragons now. The nodes are kinda out of the way + the shocking is unreliable (especially against tougher mobs).

Anyway here is my gear and passive tree at 89

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEDxgSzBg4GoAn2DF8QzBRNFHEVIBZvGjgcpx0UIuIkqicvJ-0qEypNKo0rtiynNZI22DbpOlg8LT8nQYdH4kkbSsRKyEz_T31RYFOlVbVVxljlWfNaK15dXz9j_WSEZp5odG6qcql7IH7igFaMRoxYj0aQVZSgm6GezaIAo_KkOaSspwinMKeEp5SsmKyqr2y18rc-uJO8n8AawQTEFcT2xYrGrtCB0f3YTdi92mLa3d-_42rjn-oY7FXvDvAf8WzyL_au9zL31_iT-Ov5vfno-tL-Cv6H

A few items of note from the changes for my guy (before and after):

HP: went from 4850 or so to 4630
Life Regen: went from 390 to 357
FT mana cost: went from 350 to 209
ES: went from 1300 to 1137
Tooltip dps: went from 3333 to 3637 (with current gem setup)
Resists: 75% (no change)

Currently at 38% block, 33% spell block

What I also gained:

75% life recovery from flasks
Totem buffs overall (life, resists etc...)

Overall, I'd say the patch was a decent buff for the build. The only thing I had to adjust was finding enough int / dex to use my chest piece and GMP / FP (109 dex maybe). The totems are definitely more sturdy and with the adjustment to mana (350 vs. 208); having 357 regen is huge. Combine that with the flask recovery and you should be set.

NOTE: the head piece linked is just a filler piece for right now. I just wanted something with life on it. If I find / craft a piece with some dex or int on it; I could free up a couple passives on the tree.

Anyhow, my thoughts on the build is that it is still strong, if not stronger and still pretty fun to play.

I was hoping for something different with the expansion though. I really wanted new zones or new maps. I'm not thrilled about grinding out reputation with the masters but oh well.

I also have a nice Templar fire trap build that I also play. I could post the gear / tree for it if anyone is interested. It plays somewhat like this build but it's a bit stronger dps and a little more survivability with AA.

still viable for hardcore? I see most posting saying its still great are playing standard, any changes you'd make to your builds for hardcore?
Last edited by lavaroach on Aug 23, 2014, 9:56:57 AM
"
lavaroach wrote:
still viable for hardcore? I see most posting saying its still great are playing standard, any changes you'd make to your builds for hardcore?

HC Nice Build!
Please update this build. It seems ridiculous that you seem to assume that it isn't viable anymore. If you think mana is better now (I don't see it...) then at least make that build. There aren't enough good flame totem builds out there that know what they're talking about.
BIG UPDATE FOR 1.2!

All right, it bugged me to let this build and character go, and I had several requests to update the guide for the current version of Path of Exile. Since the Blood Magic option is really inferior now due to the changes made to the game, I converted the build over to a "Blue" (mana) version, while keeping its advantages untouched: cheap, easy to play, powerful, great for new leagues and self-found players alike. I also kept some of the traits, like an above-average HP regeneration. Due to the Scion's central placement in the tree, the build also remains very flexible and adjustable to personal preferences.

The new build also works with Templar and Witch, with just the starting nodes being different, but Scion still gets all the gems and I like it being so central in the tree, which makes it future-proof. But if you'd rather be a children-eating witch or have a beard, everything in this guide applies to those classes as well.

I've updated everything, except the leveling trees (the 82 tree is up to date). I'll get this done on the weekend (edit: DONE!). I've also started a Beyond character to test the leveling process under harsh conditions. :) This will make the HC section more than just theory. My original FT character, Tovi, is 87 now and I use the new build with her. She can run up to at least 76 maps with ease, even with only minimal changes to the gear. (I have no higher ones currently, so could not test.) So if you had used the old Blood Magic build and followed the previous version of this guide, your stuff will still work! You'll be 30 DEX short, however.

More to come. :)

edit: Updated the leveling trees. These are now also up to date,.

Last edited by Mivo on Sep 5, 2014, 2:42:20 PM
just wanna say thanks to OP for updating this build for 1.2

I followed your BM build for ambush and had alot of fun, no desync, and monsters barely touching me, makes killing map bosses and rogue exiles supremely easy
This build was fun in ambush when I tried it out, both because it is effective and because it's cheap, mostly avoiding the burnout and frustration that sets in around level 50 when you have to stop playing the game and start trading for what you need. So I will definitely have another go at it again.

Thanks go to the op for not only updating the guide, but for writing such a well thought out and in-dept guide such that players of all degrees of experience can make use of it. So much better than many of the "guides" that get posted consisting mostly of spoiler tags full of uber-bis gear no one can afford.
Last edited by JeffSteel on Sep 7, 2014, 12:27:14 PM
I just wanted to echo what the other posters above me said: thank you very much for writing this guide! It is well thought out, organized, and helpful. One of the better builds I have played.
I really like this idea to go mana, BUT, for a MF build, life with BM is still better right? Cause you can ignore mana stats on your gear and focus only on MF gear
zzz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info