[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

I would like to see a 2.0 skill tree as well. Anyone have an updated one they are using currently?
"
Shamius wrote:
I would like to see a 2.0 skill tree as well. Anyone have an updated one they are using currently?

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA3UGoBDMFm8aOBpsJKok2CcvKhMrti2oNZI2xTbpPC1EoUrITq5Yd1jlWfNaK1pSXwRkhGaebqpyD3Kpe8N99YMJg8yD84VtjEaQVZErm12drqPypwiomqyqrhKxNrGQtfK3PrfWvoDE9sau1YHYJNi921njavKX-JP5vfrS_go=

I am using the above build so far, which is very close to the original build posted below (the original build does not use the Totemic Mastery nodes which I do not understand, since it is passing right next to it - can anyone explain?)

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pe31ptd21momi2oe8NaUrGQvoBKyIMJbqpGcW-etfJkhLQMnKQ1kgagytOHE_6P2L35vb6KdwdN4_4KkyemV_JFf8Y64aKjEZZRdMHzBx4OSBqBgh6VIJUuXfKmmdsLLR_w1XDVTLNJUY_6idOuswQH6_VwUkGWg9sfAmSdKgsFQtD1VcY2xfId8-osnDpYg_PYJLVITq5EoYVtpwgGI7E2rhLVgZ2uH0Ek2AN1GmwDHpErNun3wRa_WHckqiaVXwQWb2Hi-tLjalVLZp6MNnIPWOVZ88MTGjhaK5BVo_InLw==

(once you get enough passive points, you connect ancestral bond via shadow-witch side and disconnect the templar side)
I'm using this right now: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1303239/page/1

BM based Flametotem build. I lost quite a bit dps (down from 3k with GMP = 15k to 7-8k per totem) but I got a lot tankier and the totem placement speed and survivability is increased by a lot. I like it so far.
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
Personally I think GMP/LMP on flame totems in 2.0 are utterly useless, since totems gain projectiles when they level up and shotgunning was removed. Right now I have 6link FT-fire pen-added lightning-faster proj-increased crit-faster casting
"
Personally I think GMP/LMP on flame totems in 2.0 are utterly useless, since totems gain projectiles when they level up and shotgunning was removed. Right now I have 6link FT-fire pen-added lightning-faster proj-increased crit-faster casting

I thought the same thing, until I tried both in maps.

GMP can't shotgun 'the same mob' anymore, but if multiple mobs are walking toward the flame totem the extra projectiles CAN and WILL hit other mobs. So instead of three projectiles (lvl 15) hitting three mobs, you now have 7 projectiles hitting 7 mobs. With the huge groups in maps, this makes a big difference in clear speed.

I am working on what to switch it out for, when I want higher single target damage though. Using Added Lightning Damage atm.
"
hakuryu wrote:
"

I thought the same thing, until I tried both in maps.

GMP can't shotgun 'the same mob' anymore, but if multiple mobs are walking toward the flame totem the extra projectiles CAN and WILL hit other mobs. So instead of three projectiles (lvl 15) hitting three mobs, you now have 7 projectiles hitting 7 mobs. With the huge groups in maps, this makes a big difference in clear speed.

I am working on what to switch it out for, when I want higher single target damage though. Using Added Lightning Damage atm.

I haven't got that far but I guess you're right, it depends on the quantity vs tankiness of the mobs you are against
Reluctantly I've gone with an incinerate totem build instead. I've put some of my reasons in this thread:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1313751/page/8#p11216076

The build in that thread is an Incinerate Totem build, but I used it for Flame Totem first, and it works well with that too.

The main difference is you need to run Discipline when using that build for Flame Totem, where you can run Anger when using an Incinerate Totem... This by and large make up for the one less support gem you can link.
Last edited by Cyzax on Jul 31, 2015, 1:56:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info