[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

Just like to update my progress , most of this gear is self found

The wand is proving hard to find better , complicated by my poor knowledge and the boots are empty atm because not sure what i should run there

Any help appreciated
Just want to share my current progress, just cleared Dominus Merc without any death. My char is currently level 67 and have died only 6 times (only real death was against Piety's Ice Mode, the rest was because I went afk and got killed by monsters after my totem died lol)

Here's my tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABAcFWwagCGcQWBDMFE0Wbxg8GmwfAiHDJKoo-ioTKo0rtiycLKcyNDLRNZI2xTbYNuk6WD8nQYdFR0WdRtdJG0rIU1JVxlfhWfNaK13GYG1khGaebqp7IILHgziD24dliq-LjIxGkBGQ1pM6muCdgJ2uogCj8qcIp5SsmK-3tQS18rc-uJO9J8Aaxq7R_dgk2L3d8-Fz6-7sVe0g8Wz4k_ll-b356PrS_go=

And here's my gears, everything was self-found except for the belt which was donated by a high level friend of mine.

Spoiler

On maps that needs better survivability I swap to these items

Spoiler

That significantly reduces DPS but gives me much better survivability (maybe if Searing Touch was 5l I could actually use this setup, but sadly its sockets are capped due to item level)

Basically, I find that a 4L is sufficient with Flame Totem - GMP - Faster Cast - Fire Penetration. But if you get any more than that, it would help alot with Totem Survivability. The nice thing is that you get useful gems for any colored socket for those additional slots. Recommendations:

Green: Faster Proj or Blind
Blue: Added Chaos Dmg or Item Rarity
Red: Knockback
posting for later
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
Thanks for posting this guide, wanted to show a few tweaks I made

Current gear, going block/spell block with EB/CoD(MoM)/AA

Spoiler

Thinking about swapping the guantlets at some point for ES/Res and the boots for Rainbowstride Conjurer Boots to help boost spell block.

Enjoying the build so far :)
how should i improve my gear.?
Would projectile weakness not be a great addition. increased dmg + knockback? im leveling with it and it is awesome
OK. I'm now level 82 and have followed the OP Guide since level 1.

Everything posted on the OP is true and works. However, we can see that map stage needed survival and dps improvemnets... I made those on the fly.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGeTOr0nGDz56EGHtz7Yvf4KNZK18krIbqr5vQagZIQ_J8auPC3E9iftrKpZ86PyLKdaKyoTwxNX4fllIcOQ1hDM_od7IPiT0f2nlLiT6-4o-oLHXl2Kr5ARguSnCB8CNsXYJDI0r7eHZRBYLJxewKBCiFpTpQxfHKcEB6yYdFVfKuvkOlhVxoPb8WzsVSqNSRs22C6Ul4U09yGwRZ2a4FNSsQW40IGv2jo=

There is plenty of room for more DPS/Survival going with:

*Ironwood
*Purity of Flesh
*Arsonist
*Harrier

...or go straight down the path from Elemental Dominion with +62% Spell Damage (total) >>>> Witch.

I'm using the following:

The Three Dragons, Golden Mask Rathpith Globe, Titanium Spirit Shield Doryani's Catalyst, Vaal Sceptre Le Heup of All, Iron Ring Le Heup of All, Iron Ring Windscream, Reinforced Greaves Maligaro's Virtuosity, Deerskin Gloves Perandus Blazon, Cloth Belt Infernal Mantle, Occultist's Vestment

The only necessary gear for leveling, IMO, is th Infernal Mantle for the +1 to Fire Gems.
My DPS tooltipped at 6k using a pair of Divinarius, Imperial Skeans.

The guide is nice and I have referred to it several times during my play. The benefits from the Templar Tree are easily found along the path to your Fire Damage nodes above the Witch Tree.

"
vnt87 wrote:

That significantly reduces DPS but gives me much better survivability (maybe if Searing Touch was 5l I could actually use this setup, but sadly its sockets are capped due to item level)

With Vorici you can add to that staff 5 sockets, then 5link - just did it :)

P.S. I'm planning 1week HC race char, so digging up old builds thats suits 1.2 :)
Last edited by BestiyaLV on Nov 28, 2014, 8:27:22 AM
Hi, I just want to say that I hope you update this build for 1.3. I'm really enjoying it but I'm afraid I can't work around the new templar section by myself :/
I have been enjoying this build as well. Currently level 87 mostly self found and running maps without much of a problem.

This was my first attempt at a full 1.3 tree and the new Templar area. There may be some other options especially with the new location of the Ironwood cluster. For this build I just took the shortest way there.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGeTOr0nGDz56ILHQYco-rc-6-7Grv4KuJOa4BynEMzYvacIRZ0MXyu2NZKdrtrd2CRTUlOljEa18hpsNsX4k26qqW426R8CSsh4DSSqBAcyND8nWK8Wb-vkg9tMs6-3ZIQ26PrS42pfKlXGLR-HZQaghmBmnnRVlSAQWPm9OlLAGljlrJhrF8HzLJwOPHGFtzEaOCoT8Wy86oIeLKd65ox2kFVaKzbYwFTbC0rEeGlj_Scvo_JJGwj0akP2rkbX7DgqjW0Z2rmCm-xVsUKaO-Fz7TyiANWm8B8Es2jywGZ8S3wOlnSnVVugQ8g=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info