Hardcore League: Templar GOD Build

"
kossuvissy wrote:
"
RisuMiso wrote:
I was wondering if any high level 70+ could comment on their DPS. I have a softcore level 70 using this build and I was only getting about 2.1K dps or 3k in groups. I noticed VictorDoom's elemental cleave templar build can get to over 10k+ dps without crazy gear. So now that talents have reset should I stick with this build or switch?

Anyone able to solo maps with this build? I tried one and was murdered.

I dont have this build, but almost same, use 1h axe right now. Im 75lvl, 5000life (280life regen), 45% block, 80% allres(chaos-60) and LS dmg without buffs: 4700 and with anger+wrath 5700. I can facetank/faceroll docks now and 66 maps. And when i get some gooodly axe/mace and more other gear i think my dps can be with buffs 8000 easily.

Can I see your build?
That is amazing!
"
Can I see your build?
That is amazing!

Build

Thats now, 75lvl. I respec that duelist start 12% IAS/20dex and that mana node later when i get more lvlup and gear. And when i get some goodly 1h mace i can take those 8%+18% phys mace nodes, or if i stay with axe its almost same dmg(axe nodes are nice too).

My gear now:
Spoiler
IGN: Wanderiin
Viable build or am i wasting my time?
Also i already have a set up tell me how it looks

Chest
Lightning Strike gem + Life on Hit gem +
fire dmg + Elemental Damage gem + fire dmg

switch life ont hit to life steal

Glacial Hammer + Elemental Damage gem +
fire dmg + Faster Attacks gems

anger+wrath+tempest shield+ reduced mana

molten shield + area of effect + faster cast +iron will
-----------------------------------------------------
weapon
rejuv totem+enfeeble+increased aoe

shield
endurance cry + increased duration - leap
Hi fellow templars, I've been playing as a Heavy Strike/Lightning Strike templar from the start and have just hit lvl 81, basing my passives loosely on this guide. Honestly, I'm not very satisfied with the character, with my main gripe being it's slow killing speed. It is probably due to my very average gear, and I'm wondering should I carry on grinding it out with this char or would starting a new one be more viable. I need some advise from you guys.

My Stats (with auras):

Auras: Determination, tempest shield, wrath, clarity
Life: 3654/3887 (233 reserved)
Mana: 187/529 (342 reserved)
Armor: 9.2k
Block: 47%
Res: all 80% except chaos -60%
HS DPS: 6489
LS DPS: 4065
Other skills: Conductivity, leap slam, enduring cry

My gear:

My Passives:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswUtDjwPzBQgFE0WbxiRGS4ZhRo4HRQjTSSqJ-0otSkuMBkyCTKJM5Y26TpSOtg9_EA2QKBBP0GMRHJN2E99UEdQUFFgUeZVxlYEVw1X4lhjWfNfP2BLYIhhUmaeZ5tnvXA-cH1yqXM_d-V8uHzZgFaExIZgjHaMz49GkFWboZ7NoLSiAKZkpzCnhKmVrKq0L7T5ud3AGsbYyZjPZdDQ0iHUj9lh3sHjauRR5K3nruw47m_vDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj3vvrS-6o=

My Considerations:

1)Another aura, anger perhaps? Will it help much?

2)Respecing dmg for health nodes, but won't that lower my dps even more?

3)In which priority should I look to upgrade my gear? I know ammy belt gloves and shield are especially shitty lol. Any recommended gear? Quality gems perhaps?

4)Even with optimal gear, can this char handle high lvl (72+) maps? Right now I feel useless in those maps as I deal not enough dmg, and also can't really tank the mobs properly.

5)Am I overestimating this char's ability? Compared to the stronger builds out there (LA, wander, FP, etc).

5)Scrap the char and remake, which I really do not want to do.

Any advise would really be appreciated, thanks!

I am at level 65 Templar. Using this build. I pretty much face roll anything that isn't "Chaos based, or Poison stuff." those snakes kick my butt. At this point I still haven't selected Blood Magic, because I use the Mana to run my Discipline and Haste. Haste mostly for farming and running in a party. It is a good build for partying because you can be right in the mix up front against the bad guys so if something good drops (with your name on it of course) you are always in a great position to grab it and not get ninja'd. At this point I am in Merciless Sarn with a 1 handed build with DPS at 2k. Defense is 4.5k. I still need to learn a lot about the game. I am still running the same flasks since level 40ish. I would like to get better rings/necklaces, but the problem is replacing one thing for another. I have a 5 link chest that runs LS, life gain on hit, blood magic, weapon elemental damage, and life leech. Most of the time I don't have to drink from the flasks unless I go all RAMBO in a room or when showing off.

If you see anything on my build/gear that would help please let me know and thanks everyone for their input along the way.
sorry for double post
Last edited by Mamoux on Mar 12, 2013, 7:53:45 PM
Hello,

I am a new player, mostly been toying with the witch class
as I believe they will be my favorite. However, I am wanting
to build a melee Templar as an alt.

I really like this build and am going to try it out. But I
am a bit confused with the optional 2h build link. There
seems to be missing points and paths. Is this by design? I am
assuming that it is up to me to figure out, but as a new player
the passive skill tree is still quite overwhelming and daunting.

If the OP could 'repair" the 2h build link it would be appreciated
greatly. If not I will just stick with the original.

Thank you OP and your contributors for all of your hard work and
input to this thread.
~Hear 'em Howl~
Tommy Bolin's Wild Dogs off the album titled "Teaser"
My first HC character (ranger) just died and I am looking at this build. Any advice for making it through normal? So many guides focus on endgame effectiveness, but you have to get there firs right?
Antarian said,

"
So I can confirm that ...

IRON GRIP = NO
STATIC BLOW = NO for 2 handed build (it can be option for one handed build, because there are place where to invest)

Simply from experience now I can say that use lightning strike doesnt worth most of the time because if you will use it you will be killing monster 3 time slower :(

Agains low numbers its not so bad, bad against big groups of monsters its simply much better to jump in the middle of group and clear everything in one or two jumps ...

With lightning strike it will take you much more time ... (its nice together with glacial hammer to use it against mobs with reflect physical damage)

At first I even think about canceling weapon elemental damage and elemental nodes, but they are good enough to effectivity of weapon elemental damage gem even more on glacial hammer or infernal blow so its better option than heavy strike.

I will try it later with high level attack speed gem, but right now glacial hammer is simply better, because weapon elemental damage boost is too high, so I am not sure if I should switch it mace damage or whatever else ... (at least that +50% nodes are really cheap)

The only thing where I am not sure is if you can also effectively use leap slam with one handed weapon. Damage output will be much lower but really with life leech around 14% without gem its mirracle, I can even jump into group of reflect physical damage mobs and wipe them like nothing. The things which was a problem before are easy as cake now and mercilless difficulty is for me like playing some easy mode, where I dont need even potions at all. Until now it was sometime hard, so much different at it really make me sad:-( I liked lightning strike. (I am really clear the rooms an places with 30 - 50 mobs in 2 - 3 jumps, its incredible AOE :-D). The only problem is that killing is so fast and you so quickly jumping fron one groups to another .... that you must sometime return back to loot everything what you like....

Antarian, I am very interested in the 2h version of this build and am curious about you saying NO to Lightning Strike for the 2h version. Could you post your latest iteration of this build since the changes you have found since posting your last passive build? Thanks
~Hear 'em Howl~
Tommy Bolin's Wild Dogs off the album titled "Teaser"
Last edited by Kneph13 on Mar 14, 2013, 7:38:50 AM
"
Mangokid wrote:
I am currently on quite a similar path - I want to make this work without blood magic but a fuckton of auras.

Anyway, I think you should take Static Blows + Chance to Shock instead of Lightning Walker.
Would also free up 2 more Pts. to invest into 24% more Life (bottom, before Blood Magic).

*edit*
You need to use Static Blows, as you are using RT.
Without shocking mobs you are kinda missing the whole point of LS. ^^

What level are you with this and where do you go first?

From your character namen I would assume you like Danko Jones ? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info