Haha, Changed the Title.

While the grind is annoying, considering the powerful uniques gated behind Uber Atziri, I think the drop rate is fine, maybe too high in fact. I've been going pretty much non-stop since yesterday morning, grinding various 60+ areas. Stopped for 5 hours to sleep. I have 9 midnights, 14 noons, and 40+ each of dusk and dawn.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
kolp wrote:
While the grind is annoying, considering the powerful uniques gated behind Uber Atziri, I think the drop rate is fine, maybe too high in fact. I've been going pretty much non-stop since yesterday morning, grinding various 60+ areas. Stopped for 5 hours to sleep. I have 9 midnights, 14 noons, and 40+ each of dusk and dawn.

Hahahahah ahhh you're a funny guy.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Klaphood wrote:
"
CommodoX wrote:
Anyone tested if the map drops depend on the time zone of the server?

Found Noon-Fragment at 12:46 on EU-server, maybe Midnight drops around 00:00 +/- 1-2-3 hours?

How to find out specific server times by regions?

Since I play from EU I'm gating to EU server I would guess.

First I thought they take New Zealand time (where GGG comes from) but that didn't fit with the time.
If you play US then you will be on US servers, I have to collect more data about server time/timezone you play + map drop I guess.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Mar 16, 2014, 1:11:28 PM
"
"
kolp wrote:

Glad you think so. I'm serious though
-Anubis Hotep
"
kolp wrote:
"
"
kolp wrote:

Do you have a trick for them? we did 60+ for 11 hours and got 1 midnight.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
Klaphood wrote:
"
CommodoX wrote:
Anyone tested if the map drops depend on the time zone of the server?

Found Noon-Fragment at 12:46 on EU-server, maybe Midnight drops around 00:00 +/- 1-2-3 hours?

How to find out specific server times by regions?

Since I play from EU I'm gating to EU server I would guess.

First I thought they take New Zealand time (where GGG comes from) but that didn't fit with the time.
If you play US then you will be on US servers, I have to collect more data about server time/timezone you play + map drop I guess.

The thing is, sometimes I got allocated to American servers it seemed, once I had entered a zone. (You could see this because in the [CTRL+Left click] instances window under "Realm" I sometimes got "America").
Right now theres always just a "-" though so I'm confused. But thanks! :)
I believe we might be a bit off on this.

Namely the apex as a whole is only as common as the least common fragment. However that leaves the other fragments in quite a large surplus, and afaik GGG has never let any resource gather around without a proper sink. Low lvl maps can be vendored for higher maps, whetstones and scraps can help influence socketing/fusing etc. etc.

This leads me to believe that there must be a way that the common fragments can be consumed to increase the chance for the rarer ones to drop.

so far I have tried:
vendoring 3 or 4 same fragments
using 4 same ones in the eternal lab
dropping them in corrupted areas before opening the chest

this leaves much testing yet to be done with this way of thought, if anyone would be kind enough to help me with more ideas/play-time, would be much appreciated.

p.s.
I'd also like to voice my dismay regarding the combination of rarity/difficulty of the new content and thus the exclusiveness of it to only the select rich.
"
reboticon wrote:
"
kolp wrote:
"
kolp wrote:

Do you have a trick for them? we did 60+ for 11 hours and got 1 midnight.

Wish I did, I thought I figured out a pattern last night, had 5-6 drop in about 2.5 hours. But since then only 1. I'm also not getting nearly the amount of corrupted areas as yesterday, sometimes 20-30 runs without one.
-Anubis Hotep
"
I believe we might be a bit off on this.

Namely the apex as a whole is only as common as the least common fragment. However that leaves the other fragments in quite a large surplus, and afaik GGG has never let any resource gather around without a proper sink. Low lvl maps can be vendored for higher maps, whetstones and scraps can help influence socketing/fusing etc. etc.

This leads me to believe that there must be a way that the common fragments can be consumed to increase the chance for the rarer ones to drop.

so far I have tried:
vendoring 3 or 4 same fragments
using 4 same ones in the eternal lab
dropping them in corrupted areas before opening the chest

this leaves much testing yet to be done with this way of thought, if anyone would be kind enough to help me with more ideas/play-time, would be much appreciated.

p.s.
I'd also like to voice my dismay regarding the combination of rarity/difficulty of the new content and thus the exclusiveness of it to only the select rich.

I believe the fragment sink is in the 5% quantity bonus in maps. That's how I use them anyway.
Do all 4 add 5% quality each? Or what do Dawns add for example?
Last edited by Klaphood on Mar 16, 2014, 1:52:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info