[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

There is your problem grace + haste = 120% mana reserved reduced by 0,74 from the gem. Leaves you with just a little over 10% mana to cast with.

Drop haste and profit from endless mana.
"
kompaniet wrote:
There is your problem grace + haste = 120% mana reserved reduced by 0,74 from the gem. Leaves you with just a little over 10% mana to cast with.

Drop haste and profit from endless mana.

Fixed it, added some mana flask with charges on critical, my issies are gone.
Btw is it much difference having Elemental Equilibrium? If i will hit to make +25% and then to do -50%, it means if launch fire and ice skills at the same time with a critical, at least on of those attacks will have -50% resistance, while the other will have +25% resistance, so basically i have always -25% resistance in total assuming i will hit double.
So the question is, if i will deal 1000 damage as base, how much i will deal with -50% resistance on the opponent?

And btw, what is your critical strike chance?
Last edited by Resine on Aug 23, 2014, 1:26:42 PM
51% crit chance (65% with 4 power charges) I wrote my stats on page 74.

I don't really get the mechanics of ee. It says in the wiki: If you hit an enemy with two different elements at the same time it will give -50% Resistance to third element and +25% to both elements used. A hit carrying all three elements types will give +25% to all elemental Resistances.

I think the idea is that lightning from daggers always hit first thus lowering resistances of fire and cold. Like i said not sure at all how it's supposed to play out. I just added the keystone because it felt like i did more damage.

Here is good information about ee: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19803/filter-account-type/staff
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 23, 2014, 4:24:59 PM
"If you hit an enemy with two different elements at the same time" means in one hit.

ST hit with lightning damage on weapon plus flat fire damage from a ring hit "at the same time".

2 different projectiles never hit at the same time. Even 5 shotgunned projectiles are not "at the same time" as far as the game processes that. Assume some 0.000001 sec delay between processor ticks.

Ideal scenario for us is: ST hits with lightning, then fireball hits with fire, then arctic breath hits with cold, then second fireball hits with fire etc. This way every fire and cold hit is made against -50 resists.

-50 resist effectively adds 50% to 200% more damage unless monster has negative or vastly overcapped resistance.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Aug 23, 2014, 4:48:35 PM
The key for me is to know, how exactly it overwrites itself.
If i hit with lightning, and then with fire, does it mean that next lightning hit is dealt with -50% of resitances? -25% of resistances? or maybe +25% of resistance, because of elements are counted as a debuff?
Last edited by Resine on Aug 23, 2014, 5:00:36 PM
"
Resine wrote:
If i hit with lightning, and then with fire, does it mean that next lightning hit is dealt with -50% of resitance?

This. If you hit with fire, next lightning faces -50 res, no matter what happened before that fire hit.
"
2 different projectiles never hit at the same time. Even 5 shotgunned projectiles are not "at the same time" as far as the game processes that.

Ahh if this is how it works then i finally understand this keystone. I always thought like 'what if fireball and arctic breath hit at the same time several times in a row' but there is no same time. That's why i was so confused =)

So the trick is to make sure our hits don't carry fire and cold damage. Easy enough. Just don't use equipment with +x-y fire/cold damage.

The only risk is that for example fireball hits 2-3 times in succession without any other element in between. Not sure how often this happens in reality.

From one thing to another: Has anyone tried this build with freezing pulse, ice spears or ball lightning or so?

Herald of ice without ee maybe?
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 24, 2014, 6:35:31 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
The only risk is that for example fireball hits 2-3 times in succession without any other element in between.

Yup. And this is why EE is bad for shotgunning: there is no other element between 5 fireballs.
Even if you shotgun 5 fireballs + 5 arctics, the game processes 5 fireballs, and only after that 5 arctics.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Aug 24, 2014, 10:33:18 AM
Did you try different spells?
Isn't LMP better?
Last edited by Resine on Aug 24, 2014, 10:51:50 AM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
The only risk is that for example fireball hits 2-3 times in succession without any other element in between.

Yup. And this is why EE is bad for shotgunning: there is no other element between 5 fireballs.
Even if you shotgun 5 fireballs + 5 arctics, the game processes 5 fireballs, and only after that 5 arctics.

Because those 5 fireballs belong to the same cast they will hit and be processed before the 5 arctics right?

So the first fire ball hits for increased spell damage (-50% fire resistance on target) via ee debuff from lightning damage and buffs the target with +25% fire resistance for the next four fireballs.

To sum up: The closer we are to the target(s) the more we risk hitting the same target with multiple projectiles from the same element.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 24, 2014, 12:42:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info