[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
SunnyRay wrote:

"
kompaniet wrote:
I don't know if it's true that coc will be nerfed by 20% trigger chance. If it is true i'm sad.

23% nerf for level 20 gem, 40% for level 1.
Switch to CoC will have to be delayed till level 55 or so.
On a bright side, when this build was created, CoC had the same 20% less proc chance and I was fine in maps with it.

My trees have 167% max life.
With my gear I will have more total life than with 230% in 1.1.
4153 in 1.1.
(4153 / 3.3 + 4 * 86) * 2.67 = 4278 in 1.2.

Also, in 1.2 Ice Spear may do better than Arctic Breath.
Contentrated effect then becomes useless and elemental equilibrium more questionable.

The fun part was being able to start rocking at lvl 31 when leveling up. Not at lvl 55. Boring nerfs. Just making the build worse and unfun.

Ice spear sucks imo. No aoe damage. Also much lower damage than arctic breath.

Arctic breath lvl 20: 467–701
Ice spear lvl 20: 294-441 if we are to believe the taiwanese/chinese of whatever source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/994350
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 18, 2014, 11:21:36 AM
"
mallow wrote:
i'm considering rolling this or something similar for Beyond, but have never even tried CoC, so i'm hoping you or someone else will respec a current character and do a bit of testing before I start :P

May be :)
Not sure if level 80+ testing is useful for Beyond since all but one Invasion attempts with this build stopped before that :)

"
kompaniet wrote:
Ice spear sucks imo. No aoe damage. Also much lower damage than arctic breath.

Arctic breath lvl 20: 467–701
Ice spear lvl 20: 294-441 if we are to believe the taiwanese/chinese of whatever source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/994350

Arctic breath damage is going to be nerfed ~20%.
Its cast time is being reduced so it's not a nerf for self-cast, but for CoC it is.
Ice spear has no AoE, but has piercing for 1st form and 42% additional crit chance for 2nd.
42% crit means some serious damage with 400 crit multi.

There are many options, may be even pure cold ST-GMP-CoC-ArcticBreath-IceSpear-FreezingPulse and Fingers of Frost cluster. 1.2 is a path of freezes after all :) We'll see.

I'll probably play self-cast build in 1.2 though, so you'll see, not we :)
Last edited by SunnyRay on Aug 18, 2014, 12:14:48 PM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
mallow wrote:
i'm considering rolling this or something similar for Beyond, but have never even tried CoC, so i'm hoping you or someone else will respec a current character and do a bit of testing before I start :P

May be :)
Not sure if level 80+ testing is useful for Beyond since all but one Invasion attempts with this build stopped before that :)

oh it would be very useful. people playing builds and dying with them in hardcore isn't always due to the spec itself if you know what i mean

in any case the core idea of a build is what's important, being able to adjust things to accomodate certain situations is a key aspect of being a non-sucky player:P
A quick attempt to create CI version. Hell, I may end up playing this build again :)

Edit:

Witch CI tree with 37% block from passives, it's possible to get 72% block with one Ungil's and one real CoC dagger!

107 points CI Witch with usual 20% block from passives. Can be tweaked to get more crit and damage for a price of some ES.

I fucking love the new tree, so many attractive nodes!
Last edited by SunnyRay on Aug 18, 2014, 3:01:24 PM
I've been messing around with the new tree and there's something i'm wondering: is the 50% block recovery from Blade Barrier really important?
I never played a full dodge + block build so i really can't say, but if the block recovery is not important i can go for Bravado instead of Blade Barrier and gain 5% extra health and 10 strength (going for Blade Barrier grants physical weapon damage, which is useless).

Here's the builds i'm thinking about:
Blade Barrier build
Bravado build

What do you think about them?
Not sure about block recovery. My guess is it's not very important because we evade hits between blocks.

Poebuilder refuses to load Bravado link.

I missed Bravado in the tree when was creating first trees. Looks good, but it's only 73% block, isn't it? 2% block adds more effective hp than 10% life.

PS. Nighgtstalker for 6 points is not a good choice.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Aug 19, 2014, 3:52:04 AM
I take the 2% dual wield block node on the left (before Swagger) to achieve 75% block, going that way i trade the 50% block recovery for 5% life.

Regarding Nightstalker, 6 points for 120% critchanche with daggers didn't seem a terrible bargain, i wouldn't know how to spend those 6 points otherwise (except for more life, but since i would play SC...).

Ps: the link works for me, sometimes Poebuilder just gets laggy, closing the window and reloading the link generally fixes that.
Last edited by Martox29A on Aug 19, 2014, 4:43:24 AM
I see.
Ctrl-f5 helped with poebuilder.

Still, I'd take 5% life over 20% dagger crit any day, SC or not. If not life, Acuity, Finesse, 6% IAS near Acceleration, shadow elemental damage are all better than 20% dagger crit imo.
"
SunnyRay wrote:
Still, I'd take 5% life over 20% dagger crit any day, SC or not. If not life, Acuity, Finesse, 6% IAS near Acceleration, shadow elemental damage are all better than 20% dagger crit imo.

I'll think about this, thanks for the hints.;)
"
Martox29A wrote:
"
SunnyRay wrote:

I'll think about this, thanks for the hints.;)

yw :)

also, while I'm at it, 8% movement speed looks pretty nice for SC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info