[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

I have all the aforementioned gear here and I'm thinking about starting up the shadow tree. There isn't a passive leveling guide for shadow, and with that being said what keystones should I prioritize? Is mana the only issue with leveling shadow?

Thanks guys
Hey do you think the unique ring, Theif's torment can be good for this build? By using two of these rings u can get good life leech since this build hits many times. Also what do you think about using power charge on crit instead of Conc effect ?
"
akrnakrn1357 wrote:
Hey do you think the unique ring, Theif's torment can be good for this build? By using two of these rings u can get good life leech since this build hits many times. Also what do you think about using power charge on crit instead of Conc effect ?

Thief's Torment isn't really necessary because of Spectral Throw's low mana cost. I've been playing this build for a few days and I find myself using PCoC on the way to the boss and switching to Conc Effect when I'm fighting the map boss.
IGN: Eluryn
"
Playing as a shadow and lvl 80 atm. Gear is as follows

Nice gear :)
As you seem to be pretty rich, I suggest solving "10 mana left" problem by buying level 21 reduced mana gem and +1 gem level gloves or boots.
Cheaper solutions are lower level Clarity and reduced reservation node in Leadership cluster.
Grace should help with "die more than I should" issue.
As a side note, use blessed orbs on belt and amulet.

"
Seanj0 wrote:
I There isn't a passive leveling guide for shadow, and with that being said what keystones should I prioritize?

Here you go :) You may choose another order, according to your playstyle. Possible temporary nodes like Soul Siphon not included.

"
akrnakrn1357 wrote:

Thief's Torment is possible but not really good. Life and mana on hit works on attacks only, so only ST hits will proc it, not spells. Getting max life and resists with that rings is a torment :)

PCoC adds consistency but reduces dps compared to concentrated effect.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Apr 21, 2014, 6:27:40 AM
"
Seanj0 wrote:
I have all the aforementioned gear here and I'm thinking about starting up the shadow tree. There isn't a passive leveling guide for shadow, and with that being said what keystones should I prioritize? Is mana the only issue with leveling shadow?

Thanks guys

here is a passive tree breakdown for shadow.it's just like the scion passive tree breakdown but just a...shadow version :p

to OP
maybe you could post this in the main guide so they won't have trouble with shadow leveling :)

Point 43
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYADkgRlha_HNwelCQ8JpUnqUZxSVFVS1ptXfJh4mKsbXtwUnDVf8aDCYfbjDaTJ5P8naOdqqdcrD-uz7QMtDi1SMBR1U_WndxX3nfjhOUZ647z6vv1_Ks=

Point 50
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYADkgRlha_HNwelCQ8JpUnqSj6PI5GcUlRVUtXyVptXfJh4mKsbXtwUnDVf8aCx4MJh9uMNpMnk_yYrZ2jnaqnXKw_rs-0DLQ4tUjAUdVP1p3cV95344TlGeq6647z6vno-_X8qw==

Point 63
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYADkgRlha_HNwelCQ8JpUnqSj6MHw8jkZxSVFRR1VLV8labV3yYeJirG17cFJwu3DVfyt_xoLHgwmH24w2jX2Nv5Mnk_yYrZ2jnaqnXKp_qrisP67PtAy0OLVIwFHVT9aK1p3cV9533vbjhOUZ53To1uq66xTrjvPq-ej79fyr
"
alpancho wrote:
here is a passive tree breakdown for shadow.it's just like the scion passive tree breakdown but just a...shadow version :p

to OP
maybe you could post this in the main guide so they won't have trouble with shadow leveling :)

ty.
but isn't animation i've added to main guide enough?
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
alpancho wrote:

to OP

ty.
but isn't animation i've added to main guide enough?

well for me it's better if it's interactAble.but its just my opinion :)
"
alpancho wrote:
well for me it's better if it's interactAble.but its just my opinion :)

Ok, having both in the first post doesn't hurt :)
Last edited by SunnyRay on Apr 21, 2014, 11:57:54 AM
I'm playing a similar build to yours, and I was looking at your build to help me out... I have a question:

I've been abusing the shotgun mechanic of this build a LOT, but when I skilled into Elemental Equilibrium, I thought I noticed inconsistencies in my shotgun damage... If I'm not mistaken, EE procs on the first (by a split second) of the 5 fireballs and reduces the dmg of the other four, then the same thing happens for arctic breath... Is that how it works, or am I mistaken, and all the projectiles that hit at the same time (shotgun) are affected by the previous proc of EE from the lightning dmg on the ungils?
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
Have been running through A3Merc as Scion.
Level 67 atm and still farming The Catacomb.
Mana isn't a problem running lvl 6 clarity is enough, My problem are the lighting res, a rouge exile who using flameblast+searing bound that guy one-shoted me, and i died to viper strike a lot
Res:101/88/67 (w/ purity of lighting)
Crit chance : ~40

I have some questions (again :P)

1. What to do next either complete Merc or farming until capped my lighting resist.

2. How do I improve my Crit chance?

3. About passive, already taken EE, Ondar's, Acrobatics and Ballistic, Which one to go first? Dervish or Twin terror

Here is my gear (I'm new to PoE and this is my second char)

Spoiler

Also any suggestion on flaks?

Spoiler

I was lucky that 2 exalts dropped while leveling the first one for nest and the other for 1ex tabula really cheap lol
Deaths: 25 is this too much for a newbie ?

Thanks in advance! And especially to SunnyRay for bringing this exciting build :)

PS.Sorry for my English

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info