[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
EcNeRWaLJ wrote:
I used it until about late 60s

Nice to meet you in game man. (completely at random... he recognised me from this thread lol)

Your char was doing good, keep it up!
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Hello gentlemen (and for any ladies),

Im in need of some assistance regarding resists. Here is my current gear:

after snatching up some REALLY nice uniques, getting lucky on a chance orb for my tabula rasa and a few other areas (can you say.... portal drop?)... im able to farm lunaris and piety (although she can pack a punch) fairly easy now but that luck of drops/loot has ended when i realized i may have botched my character.

I cant check my resists right now but i think im hovering close to the cap. A few of my flasks give me added resistance when in use but i wanted to check the mechanics of the build and fix flaws in the gem setup as i think im spamming them WAY to often.

Here are my questions:

1. I pigeon holed myself with one of my gems/attributes. My onyx amulet is giving me a sorely needed 16 + to all attributes (never again will i wear one of these damn things as they have forced me to re-gem before) and 2 different pieces of gear cannot be equiped if i remove it. I feel like i will get stuck in getting a level 1 gem again to fix this issue and just be careful. Or should i suck it up and stick with a +16 attribute amulet with better stats?

2. My resists i think are doing really well. With clarity, i manage to get 75% with one of them (i think cold). The others are around 20% points away from perfect. Now because i got some really cheap two stone gems from stalking poexys, should i change out one to a diamond ring to get that crit change multiplier? im hovering around the mid 40's i think.

3. Resists... i REALLY suck at math. I got a little carefree and ended up going double on two stone rings. Should i just take off the worst one and then find gear from there?

4. Mana/life. I feel like i spend most of my time spamming 1234 for my potions. I think a large part of that is im missing that decoy totem to distract people. I dropped it since i felt like it was not casting critical weakness like in the setup outlined. Am i gemming it wrong? are the slot locations in a 4 link that important? Or is this build a bit squishy?

5. Although i have grace equipped, i do not have enough mana to use it. What should i do? i have it gemmed with reduced mana :|

Im willing to give some chaos to anyone willing to help me out thoroughly :)

Thanks!
"
Griever114 wrote:
1. I pigeon holed myself with one of my gems/attributes. My onyx amulet is giving me a sorely needed 16 + to all attributes (never again will i wear one of these damn things as they have forced me to re-gem before) and 2 different pieces of gear cannot be equiped if i remove it. I feel like i will get stuck in getting a level 1 gem again to fix this issue and just be careful. Or should i suck it up and stick with a +16 attribute amulet with better stats?

Final build has enough str and int for most gems. For leveling you can grab +30 str or int node, there is one near acrobatics and two just above twin terrors. Also, you know gem + orb of scouring recipe, don't you?

"
Griever114 wrote:
2. My resists i think are doing really well. With clarity, i manage to get 75% with one of them (i think cold). The others are around 20% points away from perfect. Now because i got some really cheap two stone gems from stalking poexys, should i change out one to a diamond ring to get that crit change multiplier? im hovering around the mid 40's i think.

3. Resists... i REALLY suck at math. I got a little carefree and ended up going double on two stone rings. Should i just take off the worst one and then find gear from there?

75-75-75 are the only resistances I call "really well" :) Farming Piety with 55 lightning res? No thanks.

Yes, you can take off an item you want to upgrade and see how far you are from 75-75-75 without it. Don't forget Purity if doing it in town. Wearing double two-stones is ok, diamonds are luxury items to buy when you are rich.

"
Griever114 wrote:
4. Mana/life. I feel like i spend most of my time spamming 1234 for my potions. I think a large part of that is im missing that decoy totem to distract people. I dropped it since i felt like it was not casting critical weakness like in the setup outlined. Am i gemming it wrong? are the slot locations in a 4 link that important? Or is this build a bit squishy?

5. Although i have grace equipped, i do not have enough mana to use it. What should i do? i have it gemmed with reduced mana :|

This build needs 75 resists, Grace and 75 block to not be squishy. Resists and Grace you haven't got, don't know about block. Also, you might want better life rolls on gear (belt etc).

First thing you need to run 3 auras is lower level Clarity. 340 mana of level 15 is too much. Also, reduced reservation node(s).

"
Griever114 wrote:
Im willing to give some chaos to anyone willing to help me out thoroughly :)
Keep them :)
The above post covered pretty much everything. I'd like to add that your gems are a bit underleveled. When I was farming Lunaris my FB and AB were at lv 16. You will see a great DPS boost when you level them. If you are having issues with Piety just grind docks for a bit until you are better prepared.

Also, you can only have 1 curse active at any moment(unless you take the keystone or use certain uniques). If you cast Critical weakness and your CwDT procs, Temporal chains will overwrite it.
Last edited by ImperfectBlade on Apr 10, 2014, 11:49:06 AM
"
The above post covered pretty much everything. I'd like to add that your gems are a bit underleveled. When I was farming Lunaris my FB and AB were at lv 16. You will see a great DPS boost when you level them. If you are having issues with Piety just grind docks for a bit until you are better prepared.

Also, you can only have 1 curse active at any moment(unless you take the keystone or use certain uniques). If you cast Critical weakness and your CwDT procs, Temporal chains will overwrite it.

Thanks for the info. I was rushed through merciless by a friend and my FB/AB are under leveled because i didnt have a 6 link at the time. I put in a life leech gem to a 5 link in order to keep sustainability.

once i get to lvl20, i will GCP them to +20 quality and re-level them.

didnt know about the CWDT procs. im having fun with the spell spamming. any suggestions to "clean things up"?

It's not worth GCP'ing fireball and arctic breath. It's too much effort getting them back to lv 20. You will hurt your DPS and will only catch up when you are at 20/20. Put quality on CoC, GMP and spectral throw(level up another on in your spare slots).
Last edited by ImperfectBlade on Apr 10, 2014, 1:13:46 PM
"
SunnyRay wrote:

Final build has enough str and int for most gems. For leveling you can grab +30 str or int node, there is one near acrobatics and two just above twin terrors. Also, you know gem + orb of scouring recipe, don't you?

75-75-75 are the only resistances I call "really well" :) Farming Piety with 55 lightning res? No thanks.

Yes, you can take off an item you want to upgrade and see how far you are from 75-75-75 without it. Don't forget Purity if doing it in town. Wearing double two-stones is ok, diamonds are luxury items to buy when you are rich.

This build needs 75 resists, Grace and 75 block to not be squishy. Resists and Grace you haven't got, don't know about block. Also, you might want better life rolls on gear (belt etc).

First thing you need to run 3 auras is lower level Clarity. 340 mana of level 15 is too much. Also, reduced reservation node(s).

Keep them :)

Thank you Sunny for the advice.

I totally didnt know about the scoring recipe. I hope i have enough of them to drop the gem down to level 11 :P. that and a bunch of other gems!

What i meant by "really well" is that i went from negatives in each catagory to mid level to maxing one out. Suffice to say, it made a BIG difference! i will keep the diamond ring in mind when i get some more currency.

i dont know the block % of my girl at the time, but i will take a look. i took a look at my belt and see what you meant :P

i got some tips from other people to avoid EE for partying but frankly, since im mostly solo, i will farm up the points to get EE back. im sure that will shock my dps a bit and make things melt quicker!

Hi, I would like to know the following pls: Im playing as a Shadow

1. How can i run 3 auras? (grace/Clarity/ Purity)? Should i take the 2x 5 reduced mana reserve nodes nearby and that is it or do i also need the increase mana pool from Deaulist's Mana Flows passives on top of the 2x 5% red mana res nodes?

2. If i do the above, will i have enought mana to sustain my attacks on a reasonable level if i remove the 3x mana on kill nodes?

3. Critt multi vs Spell Dmg. Which is best or are the differences miniscule? I have a Critt ammy and spell dmg ammy i can use. They both give me relatively the same tooltip dps but im not sure. Also, What would you prefer? the Maligaris or Doedre's tenure and why?

4. If im in a group and someone is running Hatred and anger, will that ruin my damage? if so by how much? Is it a significant damage reduction for me? Should i rather solo or play with people that does not run Hatred and Anger.

I suppose Wrath is ok?

Thank you.

PS, what do u think of the Anvil unique ammy?
Last edited by Scrapm3tal on Apr 10, 2014, 4:26:33 PM
Hi,

I'm new to path of exile.

If I understand this build, Critical Chance is important but Cricital Multiplier is not, is it ?

Why taking node like "Pressure Points" to increase Critical Strike Multiplier ? ST won't do more damage ?

Or does the spell cast with Cast On Critical are critics also ?

One last thing, if cast spell crits, could it trigger the CoC ?
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
Hi, I would like to know the following pls: Im playing as a Shadow

1. How can i run 3 auras? (grace/Clarity/ Purity)? Should i take the 2x 5 reduced mana reserve nodes nearby and that is it or do i also need the increase mana pool from Deaulist's Mana Flows passives on top of the 2x 5% red mana res nodes?

2. If i do the above, will i have enought mana to sustain my attacks on a reasonable level if i remove the 3x mana on kill nodes?

With 724 mana, one 5% reduced reservation node and reduced mana gem level 19 I can run Grace + Purity + Level 11 Clarity. You should be able to run them too. I don't know if you will need Mana Flows, it depends on mana and regen on your gear.

Single ST costs 22 mana, you have ~3 APS. Ideally, you want 66 mana regen. I have 49 regen and it's enough. With my 53 mana left after auras I can spam STs for 2-3 seconds, then run for 1 second, them spam again.

May be someone who plays shadow will give a better answer.

"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
3. Critt multi vs Spell Dmg. Which is best or are the differences miniscule? I have a Critt ammy and spell dmg ammy i can use. They both give me relatively the same tooltip dps but im not sure. Also, What would you prefer? the Maligaris or Doedre's tenure and why?

Crit multi and spell damage do the same thing - increase spell damage per hit. Fireball/arctic tooltip is the only thing you want to look at here.
If your ammy has crit chance, it's better than crit multi, because it also affects chance to cast spells through ST crit chance. Maligaros are better than Doedre's because of crit chance. Also, you cast curses 20% faster with them :)

"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
4. If im in a group and someone is running Hatred and anger, will that ruin my damage? if so by how much? Is it a significant damage reduction for me? Should i rather solo or play with people that does not run Hatred and Anger.

I suppose Wrath is ok?

Your ST hits increase all monster resistancce by 25% with hatred and anger. It ruins dps of the whole party and makes people angry :) Even if you don't really ruin dps, it still makes people angry :) If you play in such a party, drop EE. Wrath is ok.

"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
PS, what do u think of the Anvil unique ammy?
Good ammy for melee armor block builds, but not for this build. This build is supposed to kite, not stand still and block hits.

"
Hetmoteus wrote:
If I understand this build, Critical Chance is important but Cricital Multiplier is not, is it ?

Why taking node like "Pressure Points" to increase Critical Strike Multiplier ? ST won't do more damage ?

Or does the spell cast with Cast On Critical are critics also ?

Spells cast with cast on critical can crit too, and crit multi increases damage of these crits. Crit chance is more important than crit multi, but crit multi is good too.

"
Hetmoteus wrote:
One last thing, if cast spell crits, could it trigger the CoC ?

Only attacks can trigger CoC. Spell is not attack.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Apr 11, 2014, 2:58:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info