[APP] ►► PoEMarkets - Advanced Shop Indexer. CLOSED. LOOKING FOR NEW MAINTAINER/S ◄◄

Good job!

A few things:
1. While it does look good, it's all too big - well the fonts are or maybe too much text? I'm not sure, I just prefer the great overview i get from PoE, which is comprised and more minimalistic/simple. I get kinda overwhelmed and confused rather than getting a good overview when I look at your site.
2. Results also look nice, but maybe a bit too flashy to provide the best overview. But they are still better than poe.
3. I get a lot of duplicate results (same things listed 3-4 times).
4. Some mods are not working properly when you search for them. For instance I search for +life and get gear without life.
5. How do you get to the forum page where the item is listed?
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
Last edited by PaganDK on Mar 9, 2014, 3:26:27 PM
"
Navac wrote:
Is there a compact mode? I really hate having to scroll through the search options and it just seems like theres a lot of empty space. The new poe.xyz has the same problem, which is why I use the old version.

+1
+1
Wow. This is awesome. Keep up the great work. Thank you for the app.
In-Game Name: BLOOBERRY_
Mall/Shop: 800001 ---------- Magic-Find Build: 746000

[NUKE]
There's a mistake on your buyout tags help page. It says that global buyout is ~g/bo, when it's actually ~gb/o.
Please fix it.
Last edited by xcharg on Mar 9, 2014, 3:34:58 PM
+1
This only indexes the shop forums, not selling ones?
Nice work!

Will add my voice to some others here sugest a compact mode option. One idea is to just remove some of the bottom padding, since there already is a distinct line between items, and then just make the rest about 20-30% smaller. As it is now it looks good but you have to scroll a lot.

A quick look at the css:
*Remove: .table{ padding: 20px;}
*Remove: .form{ margin-bottom: 3em;}

This removes a lot of "dead space".
Last edited by SpaceOgre on Mar 9, 2014, 5:14:36 PM
Looking good. I agree with much of what's been said. Getting it down to a single page would be a huge step forward. A few thoughts reinforcing what others have said:

- Font size and/or internal box margins can definitely come down a notch.
- Consider arranging text entry boxes with a left-justified label on the top row and the min/max values side by side on the second row (as opposed to the current column arrangement). I think it would be more efficient use of space and probably more aesthetically pleasing too.
- It would be cool if the Base Item menu was dynamically filtered using the Item Type selected
- Buyout Only should be the default
this looks awesome, and as others have said, a more compact/image free mode would make it amazing to use instead of xyz (I love the fact that the search is kept on the same page so you don't need to re-enter the search params if you just want to tweak one thing).

A few additional but not so useful suggestions: can you strip out item punctuation and reduce characters with diacritical markings to latin-only chars? ie: instead of needing to type "bino's kitchen knife" I could type "binos kitcken kinfe" as well, same for maelström of chaos.

It would be great if you could provide an api for non-visual searches as well; I would love to use it with AHK to ctrl+c an item and get a min/max/ave price for each league or the league i'm currently in (ofc I'd do all that work, I'd just need to be able to put in the mods of the item or its name if unique and get back a list of prices + mods).
please add white theme
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info