The Thief - CoC Bow Shadow [1.1.2]

I don't really do comments. but going to comment anyway :)

I am streaming 12 hours a day, doing any high lvl maps there is with nearly any roll. Come and watch! i am NOT! having ANY! problems with any of the maps and my clearing speed is pretty danm fast.

So what you two constenly are BITCHING about in my thread i REALLY! don't understand.

Yes we ALL! know now that you LOVE! wander barrage build.. we got it... don't vory, no need to tell us 10 more times :P

But yes this build works, yes it's expensiv to buy the needed items, but it works. And just to be done with this bitching, i am not making this guide to tell the world that my build is the best of the best, nah it was for the people on my stream who asked for a guide, so i greated one. That you and some ohters don't like it, whatever man :) Just thanks for the free bumps :D It's NOT! about having the best build ever, it's about having fun and still be apple to clear endgame maps, but yes thats my opinion. Even that if barrage wander is stronger and i am not saying it's not, just saying even if it is stronger, it DON'T matter, it's not about that, thats what is so cool about PoE :) we godt the freedom to explore the game in so many ways. but maby you two are right. lest ALL! build the same danm character with the same build, thats going to be so much FUN! NOT!

To to underline that it was asked about 2 times now if this build works with the new Windripper bow. I will NOT! recommend to use that bow with my build, my build is all about the attack speed and that is also why i am using the setup of items that i am. my build is all about the attack speed. and why is that, because as faster attack speed you got as more you leech and because you only got 41% crit chance with my gear on, you need attack speed so you don't feel you only got 41% crit chance. and you only got 120 mana left over after 1 aura is on then you need thiefs ring and with over 5.5 attack per second you got inzane leech. voll's makes cold snap proc ALL the time and voll's neckless gives really nice defence because your cold snap procs 24/7 that means you constenly got 4 enduring cry charges up :) If more informations is needed, then i recommend you to look under walkthrough in my guide :)

I hope that summens it all up. i will again go back to not commenting anything in this post, because there is really no reason for giving the haters the love they want :P

But to anybody who again tells me this don't work. Then plz do come on my stream and watch for 10 mins and you will see it do work :D

Thanks

All happy days :)

Disable
IGN: DisableTV
Last edited by DisableTV on Mar 20, 2014, 10:53:06 AM
I don't care about the barrage wander at all, as a matter of fact, I haven't played him in weeks and gave away all my gear in standard. I write regularly in the wander thread because I used to play that build and I have the unfortunate (for me) quality of being unable to ignore questions if I know the answer to them. There are lots of CoC threads in the forum and I am "bitching" only in yours.

I "bitch" because my honest opinion, as I have stated repeatedly, is that your build is highly ineffective and I do my best to help players with little experience in CoC builds see other alternatives that I think are much better. That is why I also always mention the spectral throw CoC builds as well as the wander. I'd actually prefer it if they chose to not play a wander, since I wouldn't have 1000 questions per day to answer in the wander thread.

My reasons for considering your build to be ineffective:
- it uses a 5% base crit chance weapon, which will have just a half of the critical chance of a 10% crit chance weapon with the exact same passive tree and items
- Quill Rain does have higher attack speed, which compensates the low crit chance to some extent, but that leads to another significant problem - very high mana cost, which can be compensated only with Thief's Torment
- Thief's Torment, besides being expensive, also has a massive downside
- you don't have "ANY!" problems with at least 80 exalts worth of gear. This is something else which might be misleading for an inexperienced player looking at your guide. He'll look at the videos and think "sweet! he destroys stuff! wow!". What he won't realize is that farming all that gear from scratch will take ages and the build will be incredibly frustrating to play without them. Actually, without Thief's Torment, which costs quite a lot of exalts, it will be downright unplayable. One of the main advantages of CoC builds is that they can reach considerable damage output with very little items, and your build fails in that department. If you factor in expensive, high-end items, a physical attack build will outperform any CoC besides a discharger because they scale with weapon damage. To sum it up, having a terribly expensive CoC build that does ANY! high level map is not an achievement and certainly doesn't merit streaming 24/7 and repeatedly bumping your own thread when no one is writing in it. Some people would be even harsher and say that streaming in softcore is a joke, but I wouldn't go that far.

I've tried different CoC builds from scratch, with zero gear or currency, and I know how frustrating it is to sink your time in something which doesn't work as expected. I imagine new players falling in the same trap with your build, not realizing that it needs a ton of time and currency (from a new player's perspective) to become even remotely viable, and I feel obligated to prevent it.

I realize I come off as a hater and I admit you had me pretty mad at some point, but it's not really personal. I have a strong dislike for your build, not for you. I can see you're putting a lot of time, effort and enthusiasm in your thread and it actually makes me feel pretty bad to work against it, particularly when I see you're putting much more love and effort in the game than I ever have... but I just can't help it. Sorry.

And, by the way, I don't think there's anything wrong with your passive tree and other items besides the Quill Rain. I can see your build becoming excellent, if still a bit on the expensive side, with a Harbinger bow or that new unique bow that looks tailor-made for CoC. Even if you insist on your beloved Quill Rain, you could at least rework the build to warn players that it needs thief's torment to work and that a Harbinger Bow with a good crit chance would be a very good and cheaper alternative.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 16, 2014, 5:26:55 PM
You just don't get it do you?

It's NOT! always about making the best of the best, it's also about having fun. Even that there is many ohter builds out there better then mine, don't make any less fun to play my build.

You can say whatever you are saying. Look at my stream. My build is working GREAT!

So even that you are a great guy helping out everybody els making the right builds don't make this a wrong build just because you don't like it. It's a GREAT build, yes it has it's downaide to the cost of items but besides that it's awesome. it's fun to play and it's takes any maps, any boss with nearly any mod rolls on the maps.

So if my chartaer can do that ? with a pretty fast clearing speed, how is it you are then telling me my build and char suks ? i played so many characters/builds in this game, all with some of the best endgame items out there and i can say that this one is clearing as fast as the best i have ever maket and that includeds like invalscos builds with great endgame gear and so on. this build is fully up to date.

That you don't like it, that you think it's a wasted of time! okay we GOT THAT ALL READY! you told us 10 times man :D

This build is awesome FUN! it's clearing speed is pretty danm fast and it can do any map and any boss with nearly any mod roll :) So again i asked you? what is it you are talking about ? you are saying i am having props with thrash mobs, that my clearing speed is slow ? what are you talking about ? what have you bin eating man ? Check out my stream, 12 hours a day i am proving you wrong :)

Yes this build is maby not as good as many ohters build, who knows? i don't care, thats not what this thread is about. LIVE with it man, we don't ALL! wanna play what builds you like, sometimes we wanna do somethink els :) you just have to live with it bro :D

Now Bars it's time for you to move on to some ohter thread :) I think we all got you don't like the build and you REALLY don't like quill rain ;D but i am sorry bro! some of us do like quill rain some of us do like this build and yes it WORKS! :D

But bro, thanks for the bumps man, you are a great guy, and i hope you get to help many ohters understand that you should NEVER use quill rain and that this guide suks :P

Ps: Maby you think that i am an asshole for wrigthing like i am doing to you, but m8 i thit NOT ask for your oppenion, and you haven'd stoped for i don't know how many pages telling your opinion, and that you are saying my build/setup is crap, nah man thats just wrong. Quill rain ROCKS :D So even if you don't like it, some of us do, but again bars i am sorry if i come of as an asshole, it's not entended :D

Love you bro :)

Disable

Last edited by DisableTV on Mar 16, 2014, 5:52:40 PM
Disable, I think you're missing this part:

"
Bars wrote:
you don't have "ANY!" problems with at least 80 exalts worth of gear. This is something else which might be misleading for an inexperienced player looking at your guide. He'll look at the videos and think "sweet! he destroys stuff! wow!". What he won't realize is that farming all that gear from scratch will take ages and the build will be incredibly frustrating to play without them. Actually, without Thief's Torment, which costs quite a lot of exalts, it will be downright unplayable. One of the main advantages of CoC builds is that they can reach considerable damage output with very little items, and your build fails in that department.

I realize I come off as a hater and I admit you had me pretty mad at some point, but it's not really personal. I have a strong dislike for your build, not for you. I can see you're putting a lot of time, effort and enthusiasm in your thread and it actually makes me feel pretty bad to work against it, particularly when I see you're putting much more love and effort in the game than I ever have... but I just can't help it. Sorry.

I don't think there's anything wrong with your passive tree and other items besides the Quill Rain. I can see your build becoming excellent, if still a bit on the expensive side, with a Harbinger bow or that new unique bow that looks tailor-made for CoC. Even if you insist on your beloved Quill Rain, you could at least rework the build to warn players that it needs thief's torment to work and that a Harbinger Bow with a good crit chance would be a very good and cheaper alternative.

I love seeing people have fun and sharing their enthusiasm.

But when newbies come and ask if they could pull off the same results in different/cheaper gear by switching out two items and you say "no", that's where you're absolutely wrong, and where someone like Bars has a problem with it.

Like he said, no one is "hating" on your build. There is nothing wrong with your passive skill tree. But telling newbies something won't work when others who have played/tested it have shown that it clearly does is irresponsible.
Allright, fair enough. You are right that I'm approaching everything as some kind of build Nazi and I'm taking things to extremes.

Actually, if you add:
- a warning for new players that the core items are not cheap at all; and
- a leveling guide that explains that the same build can work with much cheaper items, i.e. a high-crit chance Harbinger bow (regardless of its physical damage) and a 4-link Voll's or 5-link random armor,

I promise that I won't bitch anymore.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 16, 2014, 6:00:24 PM
I picked up a 4l quill rain, 4l voll's and a thief's for under 10 chaos in the new ambush league (after playing a searing bore templar for a week). Disable's build has been SO much fun! I'm sure you are all thinking anything would be fun after searing bond, lol. But, I've always loved playing a bow character and this build just makes it feel so over-powered and fun. I am leveling as CoC with 2 4-links and I haven't had any health or mana issues since level 30 (when i could use thief's). I think the point of this build is to be fun as well as end game viable. If you tune in to Disable's twitch channel, you can watch him to 74+ maps with ease.

I've been thinking about trying a spectral throw CoC build with a shield for added tankiness maybe for invasion league. But it looks like your range suffers. I've never considered a CoC wander but i'm sure people who play it have fun...

PoE has held my interest for the short few months i've been playing it. I love how you can make anything you want and it's not like other games were there are rights and wrongs.

Hat's off to Disable, I had an idea in my head and he had already had a guide for it.
"
Bars wrote:
Allright, fair enough. You are right that I'm approaching everything as some kind of build Nazi and I'm taking things to extremes.

Actually, if you add:
- a warning for new players that the core items are not cheap at all; and
- a leveling guide that explains that the same build can work with much cheaper items, i.e. a high-crit chance Harbinger bow (regardless of its physical damage) and a 4-link Voll's or 5-link random armor,

I promise not to bitch anymore.

See bars, like i have in my guide is the buttom, if you feel like something is missing just tell me and ill add it to the thread asap :)

You know what, thats a good idea to add that, but again this build and guide is not about something els, it's a guide how to make my character/build/setup not how to make something els with ohters items :)

But you know what, under walkthrough ill add some more informations about that this build is high in price and that maby in some ohter way can get it to work with ohter items but then it's not what i have maket and then i will not try and help out.

This is to feyith:

I have only told peolpe that my build/setup you see in here, what you see in the videos and what you read, THAT! will not work with ohter items, besides that you can turn it down to a 5L quill rain and 5L voll's chest. If you wanna put another SPIN on my build/setup with ohter items and maby another passive tree thats up to the player! also if you READ! under walkthrough and that got ADDED! the same day i maket the guide! you can see me telling the REST of the items is up to you! but this is what i RECOMMEND!

So again to both of you, i don't know what this is all about! both of you have sayd that this don't work! and i PROVEN you wrong the last 3 weeks on the stream :D and keep proving you both wrong!

So to end it all.

Yes bars i will add some more, i can see i need to add a bit more under walkthroug ;)

And feyith: I still got NO! clue what you are talking about :D

But again thanks to you both for all the respons :)

Keep safe and healthy

Disable
Last edited by DisableTV on Mar 16, 2014, 6:12:33 PM
"
DisableTV wrote:
both of you have sayd that this don't work! and i PROVEN you wrong the last 3 weeks on the stream :D and keep proving you both wrong!

I think something is getting lost in translation.

No one said that it doesn't work. Just that you can pull off the same or better in cheaper gear.

As to the spending 12 hours/day streaming, congratulations?

Eh. You know what? You're right. It's your thread, and if you want to tell newbies the sky is green, that's your perogative.

I'm out. Good luck and I hope you keep having as much fun as you seem to be.
Last edited by feyith on Mar 16, 2014, 6:25:10 PM
"
feyith wrote:
"
DisableTV wrote:
both of you have sayd that this don't work! and i PROVEN you wrong the last 3 weeks on the stream :D and keep proving you both wrong!

I think something is getting lost in translation.

No one said that it doesn't work. Just that you can pull off the same or better in cheaper gear.

As to the spending 12 hours/day streaming, congratulations?

You keep telling me that you can get my build with my gems with my items to work with ohter items and another bow.

You know what? then it's NOT my build, NOT my setup, then it's something els! The passive tree i have maket it's worked out for using Quill Rain, the other items i have on is on my character because of the setup with my 4 Uniques :D So again you keep telling my that it will work with other items and bla bla bla.

But i keep telling you, then you are in the wrong thread, because if you read what i am saying in my guide and what i am telling peolpe that my build/setup is working like it is because of the items i have on. if you wanna use other items, then go a head and do so. thats putting another spin on my setup/build. and that has NOTHING! to do with what my guide is about.

this guide has bin greated for the people on my stream who asked for it! They asked HOW! is your character doing what it's doing? and i am telling em it in here. But that you can make another character/build/setup that is better, cheaper and just clears everythinkg 100% faster, you know what GZ :D i am so happy for you man :D But you know what? i don't really care, what ever man :D you go make that character and i hope you are having as much fun as me with this one :D

So again! you should really use the time on reading everything in the guide before you start commenting in the post.

Thanks for the respons

All the best.

Disable

PS: New informations is bin added under walkthrough. Hope that is what was needed bars :)
Last edited by DisableTV on Mar 16, 2014, 6:43:51 PM
Yeah, I saw. I admire and envy your enthusiasm and I don't have anything left to say that won't be repeated for the 10th time. Good luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info