The Thief - CoC Bow Shadow [1.1.2]

[Removed by Support]
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by RoryC_GGG on Mar 9, 2014, 2:53:00 PM
Thanks alot! Gonna try it asap! :) Shadow with a bow looks badass btw :P
"
Bars wrote:
Cold Snap is mostly for the perma-freeze and added procs, EK + Hatred does the main damage. There are no projectile supports because they need additional links, increase mana cost and don't do much for EK. This works well when you have at least 80% crit chance, so that almost every barrage procs CoC. Added projectile supports like chain are mostly a crutch to ensure procs if your crit chance is low or to boost the damage of single-projectile skills. For example, for phys reflect maps I replace EK and Cold Snap with LMP + Fireball, damage output is a bit lower and there's no freeze but it still melts everything. For single target - I use the same setup, it melts even fat bosses extremely quickly. With some crit multiplier, decent crit chance and two wands with about +60% spell damage, EK + Hatred hits like a truck. That's another reason not to use projectile supports (i.e. chain is great for groups but it nerfs single target damage).

edit: that's the main reason to use barrage + wands, with 10% base crit chance wands and 4 power charges it is extremely easy to get ~90% crit chance, this means almost every barrage procs casts, therefore your single target damage is great and you don't need crutches like chain. ALso, wands with 10% crit chance and +spell damage mods are very easy and cheap to obtain. Two wands like that will give you +120% spell damage. This is such an easy-to-get and powerful damage boost I can't even compare it to anything else.

I think play style is the main difference between our builds. Your damage comes primarily from procs. Mine comes from a high base damage 8.5% bow that was insanely cheap to craft. (I'm saving up to roll a 9.4%.) The procs are more utility for me and I swap those out based on the party/situation.

I think that's why low bow damage CoC builds make me twitch. They're not taking advantage of the only reasons to give up all the non-bow bonuses.
New video and information has bin added to the thread.
IGN: DisableTV
Last edited by DisableTV on Mar 8, 2014, 3:36:46 AM
free bump for awesome build
New and better level 85, 90, 95 and 100 build added + new information under walkthrough.
Last edited by DisableTV on Mar 8, 2014, 4:40:34 PM
New information + level guide is now added to the thread.
It is so far fun to play. I am wondering how to further increase the crit chance. Also, there are some nodes in the witch area to increase the spell dmg. Not sure if those are worth getting for this build.
"
SlugPranker wrote:
It is so far fun to play. I am wondering how to further increase the crit chance. Also, there are some nodes in the witch area to increase the spell dmg. Not sure if those are worth getting for this build.

You can never have decent crit chance with a bow which has a 5% base chance to crit. This build is fundamentally flawed. In case you don't know, your chance to crit is calculated as follows: weapon base critical chance * %increased critical chance. If you have +300% crit chance from the passive tree, you will have 20% crit chance with Quill Rain - OR 40% crit chance with a 10% base crit wand.

Your options:
- get a 10% crit chance wand or a 9% crit chance dagger, follow an actually decent build (Barrage Wander, Welder) and one-shot everything but bosses with affordable gear

- use the stupid 5% crit chance Quill Rain, spam like an idiot hoping to proc laughably weak CoC spells and struggling against trash mobs with 100 exalts worth of gear

The choice is yours.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
i have no idea why people use quill rain on coc builds, yeah its cheap but there is 'HARBRIINGER BOWS' ther which can gı up 8-10 crit chance easily..
another point is ranger+shadow mix tree have OP crit nodes already even more than daggers..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info