[1.1.1b] [Incinerate EB-MoM-Witch ] [Beginner Friendly] [March 28th Update][+Bonus Build]

"
SsQLildon wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered before, but would you change anything significant if you play this build with a Three Dragons helmet?

You'd not need to worry about using added lightning as shock is a big part of what this build needs to do damage. So the helmet could let you get by with a 5L vs a 6L for a bit or grab some fire damage nodes with a 6L and run fire pen instead of added lightning.

From my perspective, the Three Dragons helmet doesn't offer enough benefits to use it vs a rare with better resists and HP.

Hello everyone.

Any suggestions on how to improve dps on Incinerate? Currently(70 lvl) have about 1k on tooltip and not sure it`s enough.

Thank you.
I'm wondering, do you use auto attacks in this build at all? Or are you just spamming skills? Do you even have it keybound?
I was wondering, have you killed atziri with Incinerate build yet? and if so could you link the gear you used?
"
xdreams wrote:
Hello everyone.

Any suggestions on how to improve dps on Incinerate? Currently(70 lvl) have about 1k on tooltip and not sure it`s enough.

Thank you.

Use LMP instead of GMP, sacrifice some HP nodes for more damage, 6L, High Spell damage wand and shield, try to get a higher level of Incinerate (19-20 and 20%q)

I'm using these at lvl 75 and I have about 2.8k DPS. Also, I respecced and using the tree posted few posts above. (more hp and spell damage rather than armor, I've also respecced out of IR since the armor gain is way too low and worthless - had about 5.5k and 1.5k DPS, when I switched it almost doubled)

Also don't bother with Projectile damage since it doesn't increase that much. Instead spend those points in Life or Mana nodes (regen or +%).
Last edited by returnofsnow on Apr 28, 2014, 7:58:02 AM
I took a brief break from the bonus build to play my marauder, but now I'm back =D. I've really improved my gear:

Passive tree currently looks like: http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMAAdEFfQdjDkgRUBGWFSAY2xmGGYoajyQ8JpUnqSmlKk0s6S2DL28xiDIJO-E_J0lRSn1KyE4qUEJTNVVLVi1W6lcrWm1br2egbBZsRm0ZbWxte26qcFJwVnC7cNVybHNTdPF5A3_Ggh6D24Uyh3aIQow2kBuXBpoTm7Wdo6Eioi6iQKKjpzSnXKlurEesf6_rtUi18rvWwFHAVMHzwzrEospKznHZE9sL29TdDeOE6yz0-Pba-wn8S_yr_MU=

I'm at ~3k hp and a little under 3.5k tooltip dps. My chance to hit is only 77%, but that's against mobs my level, right? So my real dps against mobs in mid 60s maps should be a lot higher?

I've got a few questions.
1) Would you recommend spending 2 points for the Shock passive? 24% lightning damage and 5% chance to shock for 2 points.
2) Would Elemental Weakness be more effective than Critical Weakness?
3) Is faster attacks worth it? I've got so much attack speed from gear/passives. Would it make more sense to take added lightning or chaos dmg instead?
4) What would you recommend I upgrade next? Is my gear, overall, solid enough for me to start thinking about a 6L? Or considering the aura dependence of this build, would alpha's howl be the next big dps boost? I'm guessing my first purchases should be lvl 20 (corrupted is fine) wrath/anger gems and 20/20 reduced mana?

Edit: Additionally, any thoughts on adder's touch? It seems like a really strong node. It's a little out of the way, but what about something like:
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMAAdEFfQdjCPQOSBFQEZYVIBjbGYYZihqPJDwmlSepKaUqOCpNLOktgy9vMYgyCTvhPydJUUp9SshOKlBCUzVVS1YtVupW9VcrWm1br2KsY0NnoGwWbEZtGW1sbXtuqnBScFZwu3DVcmxzU3TxeQN943_Ggh6D24Uyh3aIQow2kBuXBpfQmhObtZ2jnaqhIqIuokCio6c0p1ypbqxHrH-v67TFtUi18rk-u9bAUcBUwfPC7MM6xKLKSs5x1p3ZE9sL227b1N0N44TrLPLh9Pj22vsJ_Ev8q_zF

It's 9 new points for 1 max power charge, 20 dex, 6% atk speed, 22% increase phys dmg (more mana leech...shrug), 30% crit chance, 66% crit multiplier, and dagger crits poison... If I pick up power charge on crit instead of faster attacks, I think this would be very potent. I would pay for it by not taking the 8 nodes from the gymastics/pressure points areas.
Last edited by jbmcarth on Apr 28, 2014, 3:38:22 PM
i'm confused about how you can shock anything such that the shock stacks will be "visible", i.e. meets the minimum duration to actually be applied. It doesn't have to last long, but I don't think it will meet the 300mS threshold, which means it will not show up at all.

even with static blows giving extended shock duration, i can't see a shock being applied to anything but the weakest creatures.

certainly there is no chance at all of applying shock to a boss.

the only possibility i could see is massive resistance lowering through multi-cursing, elemental weakness + conductivity AND possibly EE.

Am I missing something ?

regardless- still a nice build- and added lightning is still a great link for incinerate, particularly because it benefits from elemental weakness, which added chaos does not. plus, have you noticed how many monsters have chaos resist ?

Thanks.
how viable is this build in HC/invasion?
"
plasticeyes wrote:
i'm confused about how you can shock anything such that the shock stacks will be "visible", i.e. meets the minimum duration to actually be applied. It doesn't have to last long, but I don't think it will meet the 300mS threshold, which means it will not show up at all.

even with static blows giving extended shock duration, i can't see a shock being applied to anything but the weakest creatures.

certainly there is no chance at all of applying shock to a boss.

the only possibility i could see is massive resistance lowering through multi-cursing, elemental weakness + conductivity AND possibly EE.

Am I missing something ?

regardless- still a nice build- and added lightning is still a great link for incinerate, particularly because it benefits from elemental weakness, which added chaos does not. plus, have you noticed how many monsters have chaos resist ?

Thanks.

There is none but most of other mobs get shocked and it's really nice.
Any updates on the bonus build? it would be so awesome to have more info on it to just easily re-spec my witch instead of making a new char.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info