[1.1.1b] [Incinerate EB-MoM-Witch ] [Beginner Friendly] [March 28th Update][+Bonus Build]

OK, good to know. I guess my question now is about priorities. I maxed my resists in merc yesterday, but I've only got 165 hp on my gear. I'm sitting at ~1500 hp, 220 unreserved mana, and ~1600 dps with ST. My armor gets me 27% damage reduction against mobs my level. I'm doing fine in a2merc, but rogue exiles really mess me up.

Am I better off spending my chaos on rolling an ambusher, rolling a sacrificial garb, saving my currency for maps, or saving up to purchase things from xyz?

Also, should I prioritize +% hp nodes or dps nodes first, if I want to map solo asap?
"
jbmcarth wrote:
OK, good to know. I guess my question now is about priorities. I maxed my resists in merc yesterday, but I've only got 165 hp on my gear. I'm sitting at ~1500 hp, 220 unreserved mana, and ~1600 dps with ST. My armor gets me 27% damage reduction against mobs my level. I'm doing fine in a2merc, but rogue exiles really mess me up.

Some Rogues exiles can be dangerous for any build, don't worry about that now.

"

Am I better off spending my chaos on rolling an ambusher, rolling a sacrificial garb, saving my currency for maps, or saving up to purchase things from xyz?

The best advice I can give you is : you should only use currencies when you have a really hard time to gain XP.
If you can gain levels, then you should gain levels and keep your currencies.

With your current stats, you are a little far from able to do maps, you will die often (low on life) and your dps is low too.

But your stuff has so many places for improvements !
You can find far better stuff just by finishing the merciless mode, keep going to the end of merciless before spending too many currencies.

For level 66 maps, you should try to reach 2500-3000 HP and 3000 SP DPS + max resistances.
You will not be far from thoses values if you farm merciless act 3 areas.
You don't need a lot of currencies when you begin mapping because you should not waste exepensive currencies on maps below level 69-70. Alteration orbs are just fine for 66-69 maps.

Your weapon will be very important for your dps, I suggest you to find a good 77ilvl Ambusher and spend some chaos on it in order to obtain a good crit value (that's more important than Ambusher critical strike chance if you can't roll both).

"

Also, should I prioritize +% hp nodes or dps nodes first, if I want to map solo asap?

Your DPS will much rise with a better dagger and higher level auras. Keep leveling them to max level for a big DPS improvement.
You should prioritize HP nodes (and HP on your stuff) before DPS if you die too often. If you don't die often, then you can try to reach DPS nodes first.
The priority between DPS and survability should be determined by the survability of your character.
Don't forget that a character who dies too often can't gain levels and gain DPS.
A character that dies less can gain levels and then gain DPS.

For solo maps, you can be fine because you will be able to chose and roll the mods you like the most. 66-69 maps with Alteration orbs are easy to modify and adapt to the weaknesses and strenghts of your character.

As a side note, you should not use Vaal Pact with your current DPS, your leech may not be sufficient. If you want fast life leech, you can replace Life Leech by Life Gain on Hit which will be far better with your current DPS (because it's not related to your dps).

When you will have a new non corrupted 5 links chest, replace Faster Attack by Weapon Elemental Damage because it scales more (you should begin to level this gem as soon as possible).
Hello!

I have been running this build since new season and am loving it. I have recently made great improvements in my own gear (decent 6-link with right colors) and am now looking to maybe expand my aura bucket.

Current gear:

Spoiler

Currently I am running Clarity + Haste, as you might see. My question is: is discipline worth it? I mean at lvl 19 you get 303 extra ES, menaning 303 extra mana. Currently I have 1431 mana total and 716 mana unreserved (getting Sovereignty next lvl meaning I will have 773,6 mana unreserved.) Total mana reserved reduction is 31%.

So doing some math: If I get a lvl 19 discipline and link it in with reduced mana I am looking at:
1431 * 0,6 (60% mana reserved) * 0,69 (skill tree) * 0,72 (reduced mana) > 303 mana reserved by discipline.
But only +303 mana from discipline.

I am surely getting the mechanic wrong somewhere, but how on earth would this be good for me?

Would it be instead better to go for Grace for extra armor maybe?

I just got an ex drop and am wondering what I'd be best off upgrading. I kind of want to buy a better chest (I got the current one by spending a couple c on a white 5l and alching), but what else would be useful?
Last edited by Polarization on Apr 20, 2014, 2:28:46 PM
Hi there, iv been running a similar build Incinerate + Arctic Armour + Righteous Fire ( im waiting till level 92 to be able to use arctic level 20.. currently using a lvl 18 one xd) for the past months till now and recently i found this guide about shocking with incinerate.

My english is not that good but if im not mistaken what i understand is the constant damage from incinerate makes shock stacks even if its for a very short time...

Now my question is how much %chance to shock should i hav if i want to try shocking lets say an level 75++ rare with average res

This is my dps and defensive abilitys ( Im not currently using added lightning , just showing what iv achieved during the time i hav played this character )

I hope someone answer my question which for me is a very important one since this is my main character.

Thank u and sorry for my bad english...

My Current Stats ( if u wonder about life leech im using doryani invitation and i got my life leech gem in my inventory in case i need it xd )

Spoiler
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Apr 13, 2014, 4:16:29 PM
Hi,

Have you tried Grace with this?

Im running grace atm without having MoM yet (all with Discipline,Clarity, AA).

This might be a noob question but would have very low mana left (after reserve) make MoM useless? Where does MoM take the mana from? Total mana pool or only pool after reserve?

Disregard: i seen the FAQ above. I suppose now i just need more mana pool to compensate.
Last edited by kmukundan on Apr 15, 2014, 6:03:13 AM
Hm so I have a little problem with your build. I am currently lvl 60 and not having enough strength for some of my red gems. I solved this by taking some points out of the + health nods and putting them in +10 str once. So the question is: should I be doing this or get some strength on my gear?

Also, what is the minimum mana pool needed for MoM to be usefull? I have a 200 mana when running clarity, haste and discipline. Is this enough?
"
Raggon wrote:
Hm so I have a little problem with your build. I am currently lvl 60 and not having enough strength for some of my red gems. I solved this by taking some points out of the + health nods and putting them in +10 str once. So the question is: should I be doing this or get some strength on my gear?

Also, what is the minimum mana pool needed for MoM to be usefull? I have a 200 mana when running clarity, haste and discipline. Is this enough?

Don't take +10 nodes. Take +30s instead, and then spec out of them as you pick up nodes like Body and Soul that give +strength with something else.

I don't like running Haste right now, since it drops my mana pool down to only 200. But that's just me.

My gear:

Spoiler

Now im trying to get 6L, any idea how can i upgrade my gear?
What would work out better for that build Infernal Mantle or Cloak of Defiance?
Last edited by Raggon on Apr 17, 2014, 8:47:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info